Sharon Osbourne should be shot....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
'The X Factor' was launched yesterday (Monday) and they're promising more talent and less bitching.

However, Simon Cowell has admitted he's out for revenge after Louis' band, G4, beat last year's winner, Steve Brookstein, on sales.

It's fair to say that Steve's career has hardly soared but, despite that, Simon told us he reckons the music industry needs 'The X Factor'.

However, a cackling Sharon Osbourne took the opportunity to have a dig at one of the world's biggest bands:

Simon: "The music business at the moment is not exactly a barrel of laughs. We're not going to go out with Coldplay and have a fun evening!"

Sharon: "It wouldn't be a knees-up!"

Simon: ""I think if we're going to make a talent show, let's make it as fun and as crazy and as real as we can."

Sharon: "Talk about a knees-up? Have you seen U2's live show? It's boring as hell. It's like watching CNN."

She should be shot because of such comments ????,, Man, i think her comments are fun :up: Do i agree with her ?? NO!!, But its still fun.

Maybe U2 should add some serious biting to their live shows, and then Sharon would approve :up:

yimou said:
She should be shot because of such comments ????,, Man, i think her comments are fun :up: Do i agree with her ?? NO!!, But its still fun.

Maybe U2 should add some serious biting to their live shows, and then Sharon would approve :up:
oh right ok so its fine for someone who advertises for ASDA and "judges" the x factor, should be able to judge U2's music and live performances?

hmmm yes

I have a lot of things to say right now. But I am restraining myself. :|

KUEFC09U2 this is exactly what I feared about you. Would you really be ready to shoot a person because she said something about your favourite rock band that you didn't like or approve? Seriously pal, you need a long break from this.

And I am serious.

U2Man said:
I have a lot of things to say right now. But I am restraining myself. :|

KUEFC09U2 this is exactly what I feared about you. Would you really be ready to shoot a person because she said something about your favourite rock band that you don't like or approve? Seriously pal, you need a long break from this.

And I am serious.
its a figure of speech

if that would have been said during Zoo or popmart there would be blue murder on these forums

KUEFC09U2 said:
its a figure of speech

if that would have been said during Zoo or popmart there would be blue murder on these forums

Nah,,, Atleast i wouldn´t be bothered by it.

Does it really bother you that much when someone like Sharon makes a comment like that ? Its Sharon Osbourne for christ sake.

KUEFC09U2 said:
its a figure of speech

Nevertheless, it is what you decided to title this thread.

KUEFC09U2 said:

That is indeed a lame excuse.

Kuef.

I understand that you didn't mean it literally, but be careful what you put in print. Typing on the internet is not like talking to your friends in a pub. be careful!

Best,
Niceman

Maybe you should play it safe and just add "...In the big toe" to the end of the title.

Niceman said:

I understand that you didn't mean it literally, but be careful what you put in print. Typing on the internet is not like talking to your friends in a pub.

Exactly.

Everyone deserves and needs critics, now more than ever.

Including U2.

Seriously KEUF, you have 6 threads started on this first page alone mostly raging against those that don't like U2.

U2 has millions of fans. U2 has millions of detractors. U2 has millions of people that are completely impartial. Bono can be a hell of a lot to swallow sometimes. They're not everybody's thing live or in the studio.

Sharon Osbourne has always struck me as someone that says exactly what she is thinking, and frankly I would rather her spout it out and be honest. That's what rock is.

Last edited:
cmb737 said:

well played! :wink:
but lets be serious for a second, this is coming from someone who was on drugs, has raised 2 children that are addicted to drugs, etc come on surley your not 100% happy with those remarks

she didnt say U2 sucked
she didnt say the show sucked
she said it was boring
this coming from the wife of Ozzy Osbourne
get some perspective

Sharon is as Sharon does...

She has very few other skills in her life, so let her take her little shot at the world's biggest band. It's theatre, or at best pantomime and she's just playing the wicked witch.

Look at the last X Factor when she thought Steve was great until the last show, then she tore him apart in front of everyone saying he was false. Anyone who's ever seen her ill-fated TV show can appreciate the irony of that comment. :wink:

So what if she thinks U2 are boring, it's only her opinion and I doubt that U2 are particularly bothered anyway. Just laugh Kev, she provides much needed comic relief if nothing else mate.

KUEFC09U2 said:
but lets be serious for a second, this is coming from someone who was on drugs, has raised 2 children that are addicted to drugs, etc

.....which should make it even easier for you to just ignore her comments.

U2Man said:

.....which should make it even easier for you to just ignore her comments.
but what have the band done to even be dragged into her petty little publicity push

"oooo if i say something contreversial everyone will love me, ASDA price"

Niceman said:
Kuef.

I understand that you didn't mean it literally, but be careful what you put in print. Typing on the internet is not like talking to your friends in a pub. be careful!

Best,
Niceman

Ok..um...while I totally agree with some things getting misunderstood over the internet/text messaging (because of lack of tone, inflection etc etc etc), if you or U2Man actually took him seriously then I think that's your fault and not his.

Saying "[insert name of person] should be shot!" is a very often used figure of speech and should be recognized by almost everyone as being just that.

I'm sorry I just don't really see how that could be misunderstood by anyone over the age of 13.

KUEFC09U2 said:
but what have the band done to even be dragged into her petty little publicity push

"oooo if i say something contreversial everyone will love me, ASDA price"

KUEF, what did Bono once call the French president in public?

Achtung Ya'll said:

Ok..um...while I totally agree with some things getting misunderstood over the internet/text messaging (because of lack of tone, inflection etc etc etc), if you or U2Man actually took him seriously then I think that's your fault and not his.

Saying "[insert name of person] should be shot!" is a very often used figure of speech and should be recognized by almost everyone as being just that.

I'm sorry I just don't really see how that could be misunderstood by anyone over the age of 13.

Both Niceman and I are aware that it is a figure of speech. It shouldn't be stated in public on the internet, though. Especially not as a thread title.

Back
Top Bottom