Remember waiting in line for tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
In person? I'll never forget getting to the TM outlet at the mall at 6am w/ 3 friends for the ZooTV indoor leg in the US. Getting good spots in line. Having to pay w/ cash. Getting good seats, and 4 of them per person. The 4 of us snatched up 16 tickets that morning. You really had to want it back then. None of this computer shit.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
yes, but I had my friend wait in line for me for ZooTV. :)

Well aren't you special?

Waited for Outside Broadcast tix as well, only 2 of us, but we got 8 good seats for Yankee Statium. Those were the days.

I remember lining up for JT. Shit, I remember what a big deal it was to get the cash together.

Cash, what a concept.

I hear ya, it's so sad. Imagine what's it's gonna be like in another 10 years. Hopefully U2 will still be touring by then though.

MrBrau1 said:
Remember how CHEAP the seats were! Indoor Zoo TV shows were $25, and the outdoor leg was $35.

Honestly, I think its relative. At the time scraping up that money seemed like the end of the world.

oh man, things should still be like that. back in 87 i was 14 years old and we had to wait in line at the capitol theatre in passaic NJ (a slum). we partied all night, it was the ONLY way to get tickets, the line of people went blocks..everyone partied all night long till tix went on sale in the AM.

I wish things were still like that. this computer stuff sucks.

U2 obviously wants to give us all that same thrill, for old times sake, so we'll get to wait in line on the concrete for hours before the show instead.

I would bring a big bag of bagels and coffee and meet new friends. Waiting in line was fun and less stressful then buying them online.

You could still go to ticketmaster nobody is stopping you infact you might have better success that way if you are lucky.

MrBrau1 said:
In person? I'll never forget getting to the TM outlet at the mall at 6am w/ 3 friends for the ZooTV indoor leg in the US. Getting good spots in line. Having to pay w/ cash. Getting good seats, and 4 of them per person. The 4 of us snatched up 16 tickets that morning. You really had to want it back then. None of this computer shit.

6am, try 3 pm the day before! For the Phili show of the indoor ZOO TV leg, there was a two ticket limit. Essentially if you wanted a ticket, you had to be in line because the phone lines would all be busy. No Cell phones back then either. It took more endurance to get what you wanted, but it was also rather simple as long as you did not mind being out all night. It was also an incredible amount of fun. Its amazing how many friends we made waiting in line for the ZOO TV shows who are still close friends today.

By 1997 and POPMART, the internet and Pre-sales options had entered the picture. There were even a couple of people with cell phones in the line which were smaller compared to the around the block lines from ZOO TV.

faithingrace said:
I had to spend the night on the sidewalk in front of Tower Records to see Zoo TV. Oh to be young again!:wink:

There is nothing stopping you from doing that now either. General On Sales for tickets still occur on Saturday morning.

STING2 said:

There is nothing stopping you from doing that now either. General On Sales for tickets still occur on Saturday morning.

I don't live in that town anymore (college years) now I live in a town that has no ticketmaster outlets, it's online or nothing baby!

You would have to be stupid to buy tickets at an outlet. I asked them once and they have the same access to tickets we do online. 10am means 10am. I am a lot faster online then the old lady behind the ticket counter punching in the details.

jammin909 said:
You would have to be stupid to buy tickets at an outlet. I asked them once and they have the same access to tickets we do online. 10am means 10am. I am a lot faster online then the old lady behind the ticket counter punching in the details.

But the lady behind the counter is already in the ticketmaster system while when your at home, you have to link to it through the internet. The advantage of being at home is that you can keep trying again and again, but if your in line, your waiting for the chance to try. Being first in line at an outlet is still the best way, but its often difficult to be first in line because most outlets have a lotto system for line order.

waiting in line, overnight, with a bunch of friends was a party! we would bring our radio and all of that artist's/band's cds. up all night in the cold or heat, taking one eyed naps on the hard concrete...lawn chairs, sleeping bags and blankets. that was way more fun than worrying about whether or not you could get through online in time.

ah, nostalgia...i can just hear me when i'm old(er)..."i remember in my day..." :wink:

Back
Top Bottom