Mofo In Toronto!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
why do i have a feeling the band is trying to screw with us. they rehearsed electrical storm and whatever happened to that?
i guess will find out tonight...

They haven't actually been playing. What people have been hearing is the producer working on the backing track. The live version of the tune is 90% backing track.

the live version could be 99% backing track for all I care - Bono and the Edge could breakdance to it, while Larry and Adam do vodka shots - I think MOFO would be a great addition to this set.

C'mon boys spice it up a bit....

MrBrau1 said:
They haven't actually been playing. What people have been hearing is the producer working on the backing track. The live version of the tune is 90% backing track.

Very true. It really does seem like that on the Mexico PopMart Video.

Ok, so another Mofo thread starts... I think that we have reached desperation point in asking for setlist variety...

U2Man said:

Very true. It really does seem like that on the Mexico PopMart Video.

There's a tape playing a bass part.

There's a tape playing at least 2 guitar parts.

There's a drum tape.

The backing vocals "been round the back, been round the front" are tape.

And someone under the boards plays keys. Unless that's tape as well.

It's the Robocop of U2 songs live.

MrBrau1 said:

There's a tape playing a bass part.

There's a tape playing at least 2 guitar parts.

There's a drum tape.

The backing vocals "been round the back, been round the front" are tape.

And someone under the boards plays keys. Unless that's tape as well.

It's the Robocop of U2 songs live.

Yes, you cannot hear a single instrument played by a human being on that song, and the sad thing is that what I just said, is true :wink:

U2@NYC said:
So, what are the guys doing during Mofo?

Maybe they can just start the song and leave for a bathroom break...

:no: Then all people on this board would realize that they're really not doing anything at all (except Bono). Tears would be cried :no:

U2@NYC said:
So, what are the guys doing during Mofo?

Maybe they can just start the song and leave for a bathroom break...

They play. There are live drums, guitar and bass. But alot of what you're hearing isn't coming from live instruments.

MrBrau1 said:

They play. There are live drums, guitar and bass. But alot of what you're hearing isn't coming from live instruments.

I always wonder how big the difference between hearing just the backing tape of Mofo and hearing the whole live thing would be :hmm:

U2Man said:

I always wonder how big the difference between hearing just the backing tape of Mofo and hearing the whole live thing would be :hmm:

Well, in the backing tape there are no girls yelling and claiming for Bono to do his pelvic moves...

U2Man said:

I want the opposite. Drums. Bass. Guitar. Lead Vocal. Backing Vocal. Might be interesting.

DPrinceNY said:
why do i have a feeling the band is trying to screw with us. they rehearsed electrical storm and whatever happened to that?
i guess will find out tonight...

plus I heard Bono tell a fan in Chicago "Electrical Storm will definitely played by the end of the tour."

:|

U2@NYC said:

Well, in the backing tape there are no girls yelling and claiming for Bono to do his pelvic moves...

disco.gif

luckycamera.gif

pelvic moves :drool:

All I have to say is that I have hope.

I have hope because the band is at least rehearsing new songs.

The dream I guess would be for them to rehearse and then play a new song in each city.

That would be great.

Let's hope for Mofo tonight whether you like it or not - it may set a precendent for new songs being included into the set.

We have already had In a Little While and Fast Cars - now maybe Discotheque and Mofo - next show - who knows????

Uh oh, I like to see Mofo in the set, too. Don't get me wrong - every change is a good change. At least they try something new :up:

Well, one of the people in Toronto said the rehearsal of Mofo sounded like straight-ahead rock and roll, so maybe it's been re-invented and re-worked a bit ...? :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom