MERGED --> U2 Vertigo Tour - Postponed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
Interference is officially a pile of horseshit today.

Well, anyway, Dream Theater's now my favourite band.

How wonderful.

Edge: My daughter is sick.
Axver: Oh?
Edge: I can't tour while she's recovering.
Axver: So don't.
Bono: I kinda don't feel like going onstage when someone I love is touch and go, Axver.
Axver: OMG WHATEVAR. U2 sucks! My favourite band is now Dream Theater because no one in their families is sick.

Sounds like that to me.

Axver said:

Funny, as I'm the one who's copping a lot of flak. Why don't you say something specific to each of those individuals rather than singling me out because you're running some campaign to get me banned?

YOU are the one causing the problems with your ridiculous comments and insults. YOU.

wenda said:

What in the hell?

If it IS a pile of horseshit, then it's thanks in large part to you. Your attitude sucks the big one.

Just because you're temporarily screwed out of seeing them this month and can't possibly see what your options are otherwise, you're going to bitch and moan how unfair life is?

Ask Edge how unfair his life is with the possibility of his daughter dying (if that is, indeed, the case). I'm sure he'll like to introduce his guitar to you.

:up:

yeah, I can understand frustrations about not seeing them, or only for ONE SHOW :gasp: but to denounce your fandom because of an illness in a member's family and an inconvenience for you is wrong IMO.

Sicy said:

YOU are the one causing the problems with your ridiculous comments and insults. YOU.

You're just reading this the way you want to because you want me banned. Hell, you've pretty much said so in the past.

perhaps everyone should leave axver alone, huh? none of us know what is going on, remember, with either axver or the family member. we cant start tar and feathering folk over a picture we dont know the whole story on just because a few posts lead us to think we understand something.

Axver said:
Interference is officially a pile of horseshit today.

Well, anyway, Dream Theater's now my favourite band.

C'mon Ax, we all know you're pissed...but don't post this stuff, you're better than that.

And U2 without The Edge would severely suck, I'd rather see U2 without Bono frankly. You'd be better off coming back here and seeing Exit, at least they're girls :)

Axver said:

You're just reading this the way you want to because you want me banned. Hell, you've pretty much said so in the past.

i dont think one person has agreed with you one time in this thread and you come off as condescending and pompous in almost every one of your posts. i dont think theres any bias here in saying you are acting like a complete asshole, again.

anyway i hope edge and his family come out of this thing ok.

Axver said:

Funny, as I'm the one who's copping a lot of flak. Why don't you say something specific to each of those individuals rather than singling me out because you're running some campaign to get me banned?

Man, when you make absolutely absurd comments like the Edge stand in one. Expect some darts to be thrown at you. I have read some really absurd things on this board while I have been here. But the one you made in this thread ranks right up there.

The whole thing is awful. From all perspectives, fans, the band and their family members. I can guarantee you it was a VERY tough decision for them to make on many levels. Something is very wrong most likely which is very unfortunate.

Axver said:

I realize I've intentionally tried to piss you off in the past, but you have absolutely crossed the line here. Take a step back and listen to yourself. Somebody's family member is dying. With all of the great things U2 has given us in the last 25 years can't we not be spoiled, greedy children in their time of need? They need us to stick by them right now, not to go on childish rampages. Give something back man.

:ohmy: I hope Sian is okay... And it really does suck for everyone who's screwed out of airfare/hotels, I hope you guys can get refunds.

Prayers for whoever is sick :hug:

I understand I would be annoyed and upset if I were meant to be going to one of these shows - especially with the planning and cost which some of you have gone to. In the end though, a concert is entertainment and Sian (or whoever else) is a living person.

If it were you in Edge's position and someone you loved was very ill, I almost guarantee you would put them above faceless strangers (no matter how adoring them may be).

That is the important thing to remember - that these steps have been taken as a last resort - not to screw everybody for fun. To be annoyed is natural, but being aggressive and apathetic towards U2 is wrong. U2 is actually 4 men with lives and loved ones, and they were men before they were stars.

Angela Harlem said:
perhaps everyone should leave axver alone, huh? none of us know what is going on, remember, with either axver or the family member. we cant start tar and feathering folk over a picture we dont know the whole story on just because a few posts lead us to think we understand something.

No kidding!

There IS an ignore button we can all use if we want to. It does seem Axver's no the only one who has his shorts in a bunch. Everyone jumping on him does too. We can ALL choose to just ignore him and discuss what to do now...or we can all continue to tell him he's the worst person the the whole fucking world.

Axver man chill out. At best you get refunds and come again another day. At worst you go to NZ and chill out in Wellington watching NZ vs WI at the Basin for a few days. The Canes might even be in town that weekend. Not what you wanted but it's better than nothing.

What is it? When U2 gives you Lemons... :wink:

Axver said:

Well, that's a bit fucking redundant for those of us now with useless airfares and hotel accommodation.

If you contact the airline, you should be able to reschedule your flights to when ever the band does decide to tour, provided its not more than a year from now. I think you should be able to cancel hotel accommodation although sometimes some hotels can require up to two weeks notice for a full refund.

but we dont ewven know the real story YET??????????
lets all settle down and chill then pass judgement when the truth comes out

indra said:

No kidding!

There IS an ignore button we can all use if we want to. It does seem Axver's no the only one who has his shorts in a bunch. Everyone jumping on him does too. We can ALL choose to just ignore him and discuss what to do now...or we can all continue to tell him he's the worst person the the whole fucking world.

there's an ignore button? :ohmy: :drool:

wenda said:

:hug:

oooooooooooooone

*insert buffalo running*

27823474557.gif

Holy hell, what a day :ohmy:
Prayers to all involved, and let's try to keep our heads cool here, folks.
Walk away from the egos, please.

Angela Harlem said:
perhaps everyone should leave axver alone, huh?

This member has constantly made personal attacks, rude posts and insults all over this forum over the course of months and has been warned MANY TIMES in private, on the forums, by mods, admins.... he completely ignores the mods and admins so he needs to go cool off for a while.

I think that it is natural for a band who have been togther as long as u2 have to stick together. I mean they are like family. Of course they would take the decision of cancelling a leg of the tour seriously, they know of the inconvenience caused to everyone, and all i can say is that i hope whoever is unwell gets better. I would rather the tour be postponed then to have u2 perform in a half hearted manner due to them being pre-occupied about a loved one.

I hope all goes well for them.

breaking news (through a friend) - Nova (radio station) is saying that new dates to be announced in a few hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom