Manchester usually = rain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
boystupidboy said:
If it pisses it down on tuesday night do you think it will dampen (pardon the pun) or lift the atmosphere of the crowd??
Just me being my usual optimistic self:|

No it'll still be excellent, I was at Leeds for the Pop mart tour and it p***'d down for most of the day, but it was still a fantastic concert and no-one minded at all.

Re: Re: Manchester usually = rain

adele said:

No it'll still be excellent, I was at Leeds for the Pop mart tour and it p***'d down for most of the day, but it was still a fantastic concert and no-one minded at all.

ah yes, when the big screen shorted out during Cast!

And some scally nicked my hat.

Memories.....

Roll on Tuesday (and Wednesday!)

LOL - That 5 day forcast keeps changing - last night it said Ok for Tuesday but rain for Wed.....

Come on GOD... Please 2 days in Manc without any rain... you can do it .... just this once!!!!!!

Lisa

PS

Can't wait for the gigs though - rain or no rain they are gonna be awsome :)

Not long now, i carnt wait :)
Its proberly already been posted but heres the times for manchester

Tue June 14 City of Manchester Stad

Doors 4:00PM
Bravery- 5:30 PM
Snow Patrol - 6:30 PM - 7:15 PM
U2- 8:00 PM - 10:30 PM

Wed June 15 Manchester
Idlewild - 5:30 PM-6:00 PM
Athlete - 6:30 PM - 7:15 PM
U2- 8:00 PM - 10:30 PM

cheers toshman, i hadn't seen that before.

i've gotta admit though, i won't be happy if it rains, and it's fair to say manchester has got a bit of a reputation in that department!

oh well, at least we might get a surprise rendition of the beatles 'Rain' if it does chuck down

:wink:

Wouldn't want to put a dampener on things :lol: but it chucked it down last tour, second night in Manchester. Anyone get drenched making their way to MEN arena?

I dont remember it raining at all and i went both nights :huh:
i think its gonna be ok, its only a bit of rain anyway

It did rain, to be sure!!! (just practising my Oirish) I was drenched, but don't know about the first night. Who cares anyway? Have a great time you lot.

I have never seen a gig in Manchester without it raining. ever...!
eg:-
- U2 (twice 84/2001)
- Big Country
- Delirious?
- Jethro Tull (6 times!)
etc etc

But it was always indoors...

I too got soaked at Leeds Popmart, but the rain stopped after Cast finished their set.

Praying for Tuesday night.....!

Yep it poured down for Pop poured down for 2 full days on the Elevation Tour in Manchester and it lloks like we are all going to get wet again!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:

yip i got pissed on walking down deansgate for the sunday night in 2001.
a few showers will be ok, an all day pissdown i could do without.

anyone reckon that 1pm in the queue will be ok for getting into the front enclosure? it looks pretty big.
flying in from dublin so can't get any earlier.

Thanks for the info toshman. How did you get this - is this the official schedule? Its just I'm kinda struggling to get an hotel and if it does finish around half 10ish I can catch my last train at 11.10.

Ahhh I remember being at Rounday Park 1997 and it absolutely pissed down when Cast were on but they were suprisingly great that day and of course U2 were superb!

train

Daveone
You must be getting on my train, next one after 11.10 is 01.25, cant see the 11.10 leaving bang on time so should be ok

boystupidboy said:

Ive got that tingly feeling in the pit of my stomach.Its been years since i've seen the boys and i Will ,quite literally,begin to wee myself when it all kicks off:|

:ohmy:

I'm glad i'm not accompanying you now!

.....who I am tryin to kid?!:sad:

has anyone been to the man city stadium b4? just wondering if you still get wet if you sat on 2nd tier as the photos show a large canopy above. My hubby says we'll still get p'd thru??? anyone know?

boystupidboy said:
Just checked the forcast and its changed from cloudy/rain to cloudy/sunny on both sky and BBC. Fuck that means its deffo gonna rain:wink: They never get the forcast correct:mad:

And the gales...don't forget them! Well that's what's happening here right now 20 miles away from Manchester.
See you in tier 2 Adele: :wave:

1stOne said:

And the gales...don't forget them! Well that's what's happening here right now 20 miles away from Manchester.
See you in tier 2 Adele: :wave:
are you in tier 2 as well? we in block 214. I'll be the one screaming + shouting if someone in front of me has a brolly up!:lol:

adele said:

are you in tier 2 as well? we in block 214. I'll be the one screaming + shouting if someone in front of me has a brolly up!:lol:

222 I'm in. Omigod I never thought of brollies blocking the view!!!! They wouldn't dare would they? WOULD THEY????:madspit:

Back
Top Bottom