Looking back... Was Milan the right choice for the DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Neilz said:
Read and thán reply!

I did read, mr. know-it-all. :eyebrow:
but it's useless, you just keep praising Amsterdam and putting down Milan - and don't you try and tell otherwise!

The first and second one.. Yes they look cool (though not perse better)..

oh geez thanks for granting me your approval :eyebrow:

The second one with the white lights were done during With Or Without You.. I have some great shots of that from Amsterdam too...

of course you do... :eyebrow:

I DID try to listen, but you just keep getting on my nerves!!!! ITALIAN TEMPER, REMEMBER????

...I don't think I will stand all this for much longer... :huh:

:wink:

Popmartijn said:

Yes, the other pictures featured the crowd. But did those pictures really say anything about the Amsterdam shows. Those crowd pictures could've been from every Vertigo show. What's so special about them?
Most of them show the density and distance of the stands... And the fact that the GA area looks great without the PA towers and sound boot's...

sraphim said:

I did read, mr. know-it-all. :eyebrow:
but it's useless, you just keep praising Amsterdam and putting down Milan - and don't you try and tell otherwise!

I DID try to listen, but you just keep getting on my nerves!!!! ITALIAN TEMPER, REMEMBER????

...I don't think I will stand all this for much longer... :huh:

That's weird... Cause I don't have the feeling that i'm putting down Milan at all... And I don't mean to get on your nerves either... Just relax a bit... :hug:

Remember.. It's not a Amsterdam vs. Milan thread! This could easely have been a Croke vs. Milan thread if I had the feeling Croke looked absolutely stunning! I'm just comparing the visuals of which one would look better on DVD.. Cause all we (still) can judge from are the pics... None of us have been to both shows...

Last edited:
Neilz said:
Remember.. It's not a Amsterdam vs. Milan thread! I'm just comparing the visuals of which one would look better on DVD.. Cause all we (still) can judge from are the pics... None of us have been to both shows...

So then you do set one versus the other, since you are comparing them.

BTW, here's another non-Milan picture...
I figured that with all this emphasis on Bono and The Edge some would like to see more Adam. :)

2005%20-%20Vertigo%20Tour%2F2005-07-09%20-%20Paris%2Fn%20058%20%282%29.jpg

Popmartijn said:

I figured that with all this emphasis on Bono and The Edge some would like to see more Adam. :)
Oh but it's no secret that of Vertigo shows I like the Amsterdam venue+crowd+show combination best...
If someone like Paris better, show me the pics (stadium+crowd+show combination pictures)... I'de love to see them :drool:

And yes.. Your Paris picture resembles one of mine.. But one pic doesn't do it of course :wink:

I CAN'T relax, I'm Italian > hot headed > you just keep taunting me > that AIN'T good, you know :mad: :wink:
it's too easy to get on my nerves... :reject:
anyway, let's get over with it.

the dvd will be in SanSiro.
I'm happy about it (of course - I was there too :D), you're not (well... not completely happy, that's it).
maybe they will film in Amsterdam in the future, who knows... but as of now, it's our turn :hyper:
I loved the shows in SanSiro, and the thing I can't stand is you comparing crowds/stages/lights/whatever without even having seen both venues. it really REALLY bugs me.
the show in Milan was special, at least it was to me. I didn't see any in Amsterdam, so I can't really compare. the dvd is gonna be great. I don't care what you might say or think about it, TO ME SanSiro will always be the best venue EVER, and I'm glad Bono decided to get it on dvd.

love&peace... or else. :hug:

Popmartijn said:

2005%20-%20Vertigo%20Tour%2F2005-07-09%20-%20Paris%2Fn%20058%20%282%29.jpg
I was one of those who wanted more Adam -- so thanks :)

I'm sure I'll be glad too once the DVD is out... Still my experience on Amsterdam 3 tops all U2 shows I've ever seen (nothing tops Zoo-TV in Rotterdam)... And if you've downloaded this show, you would understand why it was special... But again, setlists don't have anything to do with this discussion... The decision to shoot Milan was made long before any of us could know which show would be best... And that's why I only talked about the venue+crowd+vertigo combination :D

Anyway... If that really was your last post in this thread; Congrats on the DVD and your Milan U2 experience... :up: :hug:

sraphim said:
who wouldn't want more Adam?? :wink:
I have met Adam once in person at a gallery opening of Anton Corbijn in Holland... He and Bono were there, but noone noticed Adam but me :D

I talked to him about 10 minutes and even drank a beer with him while listening to Howie B who was playing at that opening... :drool:

Sorry to howl but:

COOL DOWN BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!! :)

Are you aware that this thread is giving us a lot of COOL Pictures??? Amsterdam, Milan, Rome, the Adam one...

Oh, we looked so beautiful those nights!!!!!!!

cybersyd said:
Sorry to howl but:

Are you aware that this thread is giving us a lot of COOL Pictures??? Amsterdam, Milan, Rome, the Adam one...

Adam is short for Amsterdam in Holland :wink: :D

no one noticed him?!?!?! .... I would have, poor Adam... :hug: :wink:
so you met him uh?? I'm planning on going to Eze quite often this summer, I live just 20minutes from there so I might have a chance to meet the guys... I went to Dublin twice, but so far I've been less than lucky... :shrug:

sraphim said:
no one noticed him?!?!?! .... I would have, poor Adam... :hug: :wink: so you met him uh?? I'm planning on going to Eze quite often this summer, I live just 20minutes from there so I might have a chance to meet the guys... I went to Dublin twice, but so far I've been less than lucky... :shrug:
Well.. It was on invitation only (celebs and press), but I got a invitation by claiming to be working for an art gallery in my home town :mac:

Bono was announced to speak at the opening, but he came with Adam... Of course the press and celebs didn't know Adam, and I also had to look twice to know for sure (it was during the Million Dollar Hotel period where Adam was out of the public)...

Anyway, got to talk to Adam, he signed some personal stuf (the Adam inlay of the Pop LP with a white marker :drool: ) and we drank a beer...

Later on I got Bono to sign the cover too, but he didn't have much time because of all the other people outside the gallery (I only saw Bono outside, Adam inside)...

sraphim said:
no one noticed him?!?!?! .... I would have, poor Adam... :hug: :wink: so you met him uh?? I'm planning on going to Eze quite often this summer, I live just 20minutes from there so I might have a chance to meet the guys... I went to Dublin twice, but so far I've been less than lucky... :shrug:
Well.. It was on invitation only (celebs and press), but I got a invitation by claiming to be working for an art gallery in my home town :mac:

Bono was announced to speak at the opening, but he came with Adam... Of course the press and celebs didn't know Adam, and I also had to look twice to know for sure (it was during the Million Dollar Hotel period where Adam was out of the public)...

Anyway, got to talk to Adam, he signed some personal stuf (the Adam inlay of the Pop LP with a white marker :drool: ) and we drank a beer...

Later on I got Bono to sign the cover too, but he didn't have much time because of all the other people outside the gallery (I only saw Bono outside, Adam inside)...

cybersyd said:
Sorry to howl but:

Well.. That's a fact... The photo's that we posted here are something else indeed... I love the wide angle shots... How many times have we seen the red Vertigo logo on screen (boring)... All that stuf has been repeated to many times! We need new material! :wink:

I'd love to meet Adam... he looks like such a sweetie.... :hug:
and Bono, of course. I'd like to have a talk with him, one day or another :D

@cybersyd
ma mi hai mandato un pm? non riesco a leggerlo... :huh:
cmq il titolo è piuttosto chiaro :up: :wink:

Last edited:
dan kunnen we ook wel Nederlands gaan lopen praten hier :eyebrow:

they invented a thing called e-mail for private converstations via internet :wink:

Neilz said:
dan kunnen we ook wel Nederlands gaan lopen praten hier :eyebrow:

they invented a thing called e-mail for private converstations via internet :wink:
Of gewoon een instant messenger of iets dergelijks ;)

heyyyy!!! I just had to tell him one thing, and he doesn't seem to be able to receive PM! :shrug:
sorry btw, I admit that wasn't very polite :reject:

and what the hell did you just say, btw?? :confused: :huh:

sraphim said:
and what the hell did you just say, btw?? :confused: :huh: :wink:
I'll tell you if you tell us what you said in Italian :madspit: :wink:

No... I just said that we might aswell start talking Dutch than :wink:

Sraphim:

I had the most brilliant time ever! 1st night close to Adam's side, 2nd waaaaaaaaaaaaay up on the 3rd tier.

Don't let them bother you with their pictures and best 'venue+crowd+vertigo' nonsense. Noone can decide over some pictures anyway. If some people think Amster or wherever was best for the dvd, let them.

Neilz said:

I'll tell you if you tell us what you said in Italian :madspit: :wink:

No... I just said that we might aswell start talking Dutch than :wink:

Ohhh, I learned only 3 words from a Dutch friend of mine from Eindhoven... ...however it's better that I don't use them :lol:...
...sorry 4 the Italian words but I tried to contact sraphim with a PM but it didn't work out. :ohmy:

JulioArca said:
Don't let them bother you with their pictures and best 'venue+crowd+vertigo' nonsense. Noone can decide over some pictures anyway. If some people think Amster or wherever was best for the dvd, let them.
:lol: how typical...

@JulioArca

so you were next to the right B-stage on the 20th?? I was there too, first row in front!!! eheh I was looking for some fairer features in the crowd:wink:, but I couldn't see any so I gave up after a while :D
so... what time did you come in front of the gates? and did you prefer the 20th or the 21st?

ps: please don't let Neilz start all over again on the DVD thing... :huh: :wink:
no offense Neilz, it was fun while it lasted! :up:

sraphim said:

ps: please don't let Neilz start all over again on the DVD thing... :huh: :wink:
no offense Neilz, it was fun while it lasted! :up:

Yeah come on Neilz, how dare you stay on topic!

It's kind of funny how everybody who got so defensive about Milan not being the best venue are all people who went to that show. A little biased perhaps :hmm: :wink:

hey JulioArca... didn't you go see U2 yesterday night? :confused:

@Dusty Bottoms
I wouldn't even speak if I weren't at the show. you cannot speak about something you don't know now, can you? :wink:
I got defensive about Milan only because I believe in what I say. otherwise I wouldn't even bother :up: :D
those were my first U2 concerts... I love the Italian crowd (in general, not just the U2 audience)... SanSiro is an amazing venue... what can I say? yeah, maybe I'm a little biased... but at least I admit it. hello, I'm human! :wave: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom