lisbon setlist here:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Man said:

That depends on whether the argument about them not being self-confident enough to change things up, that we saw earlier in this thread, is true. But I would say that having played for nearly 30 years they should be at the point where it is possible for them to change at least one single song from show to show. This would allow them to bring on Spanish Eyes in Spain, for instance, which I am sure the Spanish crowd would have appreciated, would have made them feel that the band did something unique for them alone. - But for some reason, it is just not happening.

Exactly...little things like Spanish Eyes in Spain.

The first leg of the tour was decent as far as mixing it up (not something U2 are famous for). I don't really know what's going on with them now, but I hope they get their shit together in time for the third leg.

They played the Beatles' Rain as the last song at Croke Park I. That certainly wasn't scripted....

financeguy said:
They played the Beatles' Rain as the last song at Croke Park I. That certainly wasn't scripted....

Yes, and a 20 seconds "Here Comes the Sun" snippet at Brussel that sounded like :censored:.

:yawn: to the tour
:yawn: to the complaining
:yawn: to it all. This forum has really sucked all the enthusiasm out of me. Thank goodness this leg's almost over.

Axver said:
:yawn: to it all. This forum has really sucked all the enthusiasm out of me. Thank goodness this leg's almost over.

Are you leaving, too, Axver? :(

You know what I genuinely think they should do?

Just get a camper van, travel to some remote places. Take to the road. Put on small scale concerts, do a few festivals even.

The organisation and bureaucracy has just got too big in my opinion.

Turn up in a boozer in Bratislava and perform an impromptu gig.

Back to the Dandelion markets ethic, you know? The punk or folk ethic or whatever you want to call it.

Last edited:
Axver said:

agreed. the sad thing is im in a country that hasnt even had the chance to see the tour yet. its setting a bad example and putting a yuck taste in peoples mouth's who are gearing up for the 4th leg, and its not just as easy as "dont come here if your not happy, dont come here if you dont want to read the shit" i and probably loads of others are relying on this place for info on the upcoming shows...bah...now im a fucken whinger too! *scream*

U2Man said:
@IrishDawg: But wouldn't you agree that it would have been cool if at least one Spanish city had got Spanish Eyes, for instance? And don't you think the people there would have gone wild?

It would have been cool, but I doubt most of the people there actually even know Spanish Eyes. But the point is that it's the band's decision what they play. No one here should be telling the band what to do.

Now, wouldn't you agree the fans went wild when they heard I still Haven't Found what I'm Looking For...? Even With or Without You or Pride, even though all of us are sick of it. If they didn't play those 3 songs or a few other the fans would go "What the fuck, aren't these the guys who had the hit single Pride? THAT'S MY FAVORITE SONG!"

we should all just try to get along and be supportive of whatever U2 do, even if we have strong negative feelings about their decisions.

fullautoreverse said:

agreed. the sad thing is im in a country that hasnt even had the chance to see the tour yet. its setting a bad example and putting a yuck taste in peoples mouth's who are gearing up for the 4th leg, and its not just as easy as "dont come here if your not happy, dont come here if you dont want to read the shit" i and probably loads of others are relying on this place for info on the upcoming shows...bah...now im a fucken whinger too! *scream*

You can rely on information on shows at this place, but don't act surprised or offended because you see people discussing/stating their opinions on U2 related stuff here, too.

IrishDawg said:

But the point is that it's the band's decision what they play. No one here should be telling the band what to do.

im sorry, but arent we the ones paying their salary, buying all their albums and concert tickets and what not? i think we have a right to say what songs we'd like to hear.

fullautoreverse said:
we should all just try to get along and be supportive of whatever U2 do, even if we have strong negative feelings about their decisions.

How can you be supportive of something you have strong negative feelings about?

U2Man said:

You can rely on information on shows at this place, but don't act surprised or offended because you see people discussing/stating their opinions on U2 related stuff here, too.

im not surprised or offended, im just dissapointed.

IrishDawg said:

It would have been cool, but I doubt most of the people there actually even know Spanish Eyes. But the point is that it's the band's decision what they play. No one here should be telling the band what to do.

Now, wouldn't you agree the fans went wild when they heard I still Haven't Found what I'm Looking For...? Even With or Without You or Pride, even though all of us are sick of it. If they didn't play those 3 songs or a few other the fans would go "What the fuck, aren't these the guys who had the hit single Pride? THAT'S MY FAVORITE SONG!"

I doubt they would say it is their favorite song, if they weren't even sure which band plays it.

U2Man said:

How can you be supportive of something you have strong negative feelings about?

just stay supportive of the group and the 4 blokes they are? try to bite your tongue, put it down to "well this is the way the tours gone, oh well, lets look forward to leg three" instead of dwelling on show to setlist to show to setlist? and stop trying to push my buttons dude.

fullautoreverse said:

If the band jumped over a cliff.....would you follow them?

U2Man said:

Are you leaving, too, Axver? :(

Nah, we've got the third leg to look forward to, and that begins with a run of four shows in one city! :rockon:

fullautoreverse said:

just stay supportive of the group and the 4 blokes they are? try to bite your tongue, put it down to "well this is the way the tours gone, oh well, lets look forward to leg three" instead of dwelling on show to setlist to show to setlist? and stop trying to push my buttons dude.

No I won't, because this is what people who has a great interest in the band do, like many of the people on this board.

Am I pushing your buttons? Didn't even notice that.

Chizip said:

im sorry, but arent we the ones paying their salary, buying all their albums and concert tickets and what not? i think we have a right to say what songs we'd like to hear.

Wasnt going to respond on this thread but I wanted to address this. You are right. As a consumer if you are so unhappy with the product how do you tell the producer so they will change? You stop buying that product. So everyone here, that is SO pissed off and disatissfied with seeing U2 play live because they are not playing the setlists they want. You should not buy anymore tickets. Burn their CDs. Picket the band. Show those bastards how shitty they are for having the audicity to mount a tour and play the same setlists (as they have done most of their career) most nights.

But you know what. Everyone on this board could do that and every show would still sellout. People here are such a minor percentage of the overall U2 audience. Just like any other product, you put something out there that appeals to the most people. That is what they are doing. We are not the large percentage of the people going to these shows. Then factor in the even smaller percentage of this board that are actually unhappy about the tour and its miniscule. Your post is under the assumption that most U2 fans are unhappy with the tour or setlist and thats simply not true just because YOU are unhappy with it.

fullautoreverse said:

I'm glad I made it to the US to see a first leg show - and when you're there, the excitement's so intense and the show's so good you're not thinking of the setlist (except my over-analytical mind when they bust out Wild Horses for the first time in 12.5 years).

The yuck taste in the mouth will go away once there's a tour announcement and the 4th leg rolls around, I'm sure. Australian fans will actually appreciate what they get and I bet the only bitching will come from people sitting in the Northern Hemisphere whining from their computer desk. As far as I'm concerned, U2 can play whatever the bloody hell they want just as long as they play Brisbane (and Wellington, damnit!)!

Blue Room said:

Your post is under the assumption that most U2 fans are unhappy with the tour or setlist and thats simply not true just because YOU are unhappy with it.

i didnt make that assumption at all, i know most people are thrilled with the show as it has been a huge success. i was just stating that we should be allowed to express our feelings on the show, good or bad.

Sicy said:
Are we arguing in this thread? :|

I'm sorry, if I or we did something wrong, Sicy, but I think it was the purpose of this thread to start a debate....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom