Here's my tally of actions taken: (Important, please read)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
1. On the phone with ticketmaster for an hour and a half; spoke to 6 different people, finally the head of customer service. they said that whoever changed the seating charts in mid sale yesterday, it wasn't them and was most likely the promoter. then they wouldn't tell me who the promoter was or how to contact them. they offered a refund of my $400, but then I'd be out of tickets altogether.

2. on the phone with fanfire for 40 minutes; they flat out said ticketmaster is lying and ticketmaster are the ones who changed the seating charts. there's nothing else fanfire can do about it.

3. on the phone with principle management for 20 minutes; explained I'm not paying $420 at a presale to sit in the back of the arena. they said they were looking into it and took my name and number down. I asked if the band or paul mcguiness were aware of the problem and told them to come to interference.com to see for themselves. they said to keep checking back to u2.com.
I explained that u2 is a powerful organization and has the power to do something about this, and if they don't, it will leave a black eye on the u2 in general.

so, to sum up:
1. no one is taking responsibility
2. nothing has been done
3. were stuck with whatever we got

thanks for posting this.

as discouraging as this is, the one thing I saw between the lines is that they told you to "keep checking u2.com"

which makes me wonder if the band and management plan on making some sort of official statement?

I think ultimately that's what all of us here are waiting to see and they better do it today while we still have a day to fix this before it goes on sale to the general public.

Maybe this is U2 recovering their fees for the free concert under the Brooklyn Bridge? I was there and didn't pay a dime...makes me feel like they were going to get my money back for that thru the web site!

Back
Top Bottom