Has everyone received their membership card for the tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artdirector

Refugee
Weren't we suppose to receive an official membership card from u2.com so we could get discounts on the tickets or am I reading all this wrong?

So whats the deal? I have a feeling I will never receive that card and will get screwed on tickets.

Never received a membership card either--but have been receiving regular email updates from them. I thought there was a keychain too? My credit card just got charged & I signed up in October or November? Maybe they are way behind.

no, I think most people haven't. I think they're going to email the info?

I never got my card but I joined around the time I was moving.... I suspect it may have been lost in the mail or not gotten forwarded here yet.

I'm not too worried about it, I don't think we will need the cards to get tickets.

I got my card, but then again I used be a Propaganda member.
Don't worry too much. If your u2.com mailaddress works, there'll be no need to worry....
I bet you'll be notified by email at your u2.com mailaddress.

On Zootopia, some members received an email on 1/13/05 about membership cards. I didn't get the email and every time I try to get member exclusive views of videos or interviews I can't access the full thing. I have an U2 email addy and I've tested it.

BUT, I'm concerned that I disputed my $40 charge (supposed to be charged only $20). That I've screwed up the whole thing.

Anyone know of anyone to contact to confirm my membership??

Thanks!!

as screwed up as current fanclub stuff is, i am so glad i chose not to give these fools any more damn money.
i'll just wait for the ticketmaster onsale dates.

Ticket on sale information. I spoke to someone through the fan club last week. U2.com will e-mail us a special password encoded for our membership. We will use it through ticketmaster.com or tickets.com . One membership password will be for one show and to purchase up to 2 tickets for indoors and 4 for outdoor shows.

Cool deal. Yeah I was suppose to pay $20 but had to pay $40 since I moved and the customer service at u2.com and fanfire didn't respond to my inquiries. They really suck. I e-mail them and get no answer. And please nobody tell me that they are behind on answering e-mails with so many people asking questions. They should know BY NOW that the biggest band in the world requires a shit load of people to be working the e-mail system and not just four people.

artdirector said:
Cool deal. Yeah I was suppose to pay $20 but had to pay $40 since I moved and the customer service at u2.com and fanfire didn't respond to my inquiries. They really suck. I e-mail them and get no answer. And please nobody tell me that they are behind on answering e-mails with so many people asking questions. They should know BY NOW that the biggest band in the world requires a shit load of people to be working the e-mail system and not just four people.

Have you tried e-mailing SBentley@signaturesnet.com. A lot of us who were having troubles contacted that address and got our discount codes. Good luck!

I've never received anything from anyone... including my Prop letter for the extended/discounted membership. :( Ah well.

Those of you who haven't gotten cards (and I count myself among you), did you at least get the latest e-mail from U2.com saying the tour announcement was coming soon? If you did, you're in the system and should get the presale e-mails.

Before reading these posts, I called the customer service number (1-800-615-1324) listed in the "u2.com fanfire invoice" e-mail I received after subscribing to u2.com. When I asked when I'd receive my membership card, the guy didn't seem too certain, but said that it looked like something was shipped out to me on 1/3/05. That's 2 weeks ago, but I guess things can take that long sometimes. But he also said to call back if I didn't receive something by the end of the week (again, he didn't sound too confident in what he was saying).

But anywho, I would agree with neutral, wtonis, and Super_Fan that we probably won't need the physical card and that we'll get the necessary info through a u2.com e-mail.

dsmith2904 said:
Those of you who haven't gotten cards (and I count myself among you), did you at least get the latest e-mail from U2.com saying the tour announcement was coming soon? If you did, you're in the system and should get the presale e-mails.

Thank you!

I also got confirmation today from my credit card company that resolved my $40 charge. They (fanfire - signature networks) actually refunded $20, so my membership remains intact!!

Hopefully the good karma will spread to all!! :cool:

glad I read this thread

I had a similiar problem with change of address with Propaganda.. moved three years ago gave them my new info, got a confirmation by email but never got anything since (b/c Propaganda was pretty inactive)

then with the new club, called fanfair three times trying to get on the discount (I've been a member since before Propaganda existed in the old U2 infoservice days)

anyway, got the complete runaround and had to buy the $40 fee too. So I just emailed that contact that was posted here and will let anyone else know who is having problems if I am able to resolve this myself.

safe to say, this new fanclub isnt getting off to the best start

Propaganda wasn't without fault, but bring back Propaganda I say!

someone posted on U2.com saying that the membership cards should be mailed out next week. I guess the member had gotten an e-mail response from a inquiry he or she sent. We'll see....

It is my understanding that you don't need the card to purchase tickets, just log in information. I have also heard that you will recieve a special code in your regular e-mail that you will use to purchase the tickets, but again, we'll see what happens.

We'll see...

But Propaganda is dead; there are no individualized "order forms" with options to pay by money order OR "2nd and 3rd" choices. This is just going to be an ordinary Ticketmaster ticket sale (that;s who FanFire links to inother ticket sales.)

So I don't see what the big dealis here. When I found this out about FanFire, I was heartbroken.

Hope I'm wrong.

neutral said:
I never got my card but I joined around the time I was moving.... I suspect it may have been lost in the mail or not gotten forwarded here yet.

I'm not too worried about it, I don't think we will need the cards to get tickets.

I think you're right that we don't need the card to buy tickets. However...I too moved around the time I signed up but I moved from my parents house. Even though I switched my address they still get tons of my mail and nothing from U2 or Fanfire. So I don't think anything was lost due to a move. I think it hasn't been sent yet.

I don't understand why the folks at u2.com are making this so difficult. The system they had during the last tour worked well. For me anyway. :shrug:

Have we even cleared up the ticket limit?

Is it only 2 tickets total that you can get for an indoor show?

If that's the case that's pretty crappy. What about us that want to go to more than one show?

The way I'm hoping it works is that you can buy 2 tickets per show. Say there's four shows in Chicago. That would be a total of 8 tickets you could buy. :drool:

Oh, and I haven't received my membership card either. Just the Prop card with the code for the discounted membership.

Super_Fan said:
There are 105,000 members you need a limit.

We were limited to 4 tickets per show with a limit of 3 shows. That was perfect.

If it's only 2 tickets you can get total...that's insane. What's the point of even joining? I can get two tickets on eBay easier.

Super_Fan said:
Ticket on sale information. I spoke to someone through the fan club last week. U2.com will e-mail us a special password encoded for our membership. We will use it through ticketmaster.com or tickets.com . One membership password will be for one show and to purchase up to 2 tickets for indoors and 4 for outdoor shows.
I pray this isn't the case. If we have to rely on them to send us an email with a special password, we're all screwed. I had heard early on that all that will be required is our current membership login and password for u2.com.

ZOOTB said:

Sure you can, but for $500.00 more. I'm sure ebay prices are going to be insane.

They're not allowed to sell tickets over face value. It's illegal in IL as I'm sure it is in other states. And I'm sure a lot of people would be selling them for that price but that's when you keep looking.

I've also gotten tickets from message boards.

Edgette said:

They're not allowed to sell tickets over face value. It's illegal in IL as I'm sure it is in other states. And I'm sure a lot of people would be selling them for that price but that's when you keep looking.
While its illegal in many states and supposed to be against ebay policy, it is never enforced and tickets go for exorbitant amounts there for high demand shows.

Back
Top Bottom