Gripe Session for those left out of today's presale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonathan26

The Fly
ok as a u2.com, but non-prop member, i'm reading all these posts very jealously...dont get me wrong...my first u2 show was the Unforgettable Fire tour when i was in 10th grade, and i'm as die hard as they come (24 u2 shows and counting) but never went the fan club route until we entered the internet age and i knew i'd have trouble getting u2 tix without a membership (up through elevation tour i've never had a problem getting tix to any u2 show i was interested in seeing, sure sometimes i wouldnt get the best seats but every experience in those arenas and stadiums was magical)...so i become a u2.com member specifically for the presale and as we all know last time around, we all got f'd by that presale..i bought 2 single tix, very shitty seats because i was desperate to get tix to see a show...little did i know if i had saved my code i could use it this time around and get 2 seats together in a great location or better yet 2 of the ever elusive GA's...needless to say i'm bummed out a bit, and while all the propoganda members are rightfully thankful that u2 fixed things and are taking care of their fans, lets not forget that there are many of us die hard ones who arent being taken care of by this adjustment to the 3rd leg presales...im happy for all of my fellow u2 fans, but still rightfully disappointed about my experience...do i also mention that back in the january presale, one of the $170 solo tix i bought i thought was golden and right next to the stage, only for the ticketmaster geniuses to flip the seating chart hours later and for me to realize i paid $170 for practically the crappiest $170 seat in the joint...anyway...i just had to vent a little..and i can only hope they have saved some GA's and other choice seats for those of us who have to wait till monday for MSG tix...

I am sorry that you were not able to obtain the seats you were looking for. However, as a longtime fan, I would think you would have been a member of Propaganda, not only because it was the bands official fan club but also because it was well known that it offered an opportunity to get tickets to U2 tours before anyone else. Basically, U2/Propaganda took care of their fan club members and they continue to do so.

I just wish I had been into U2 before propaganda folded :( And that I had been more patient with my u2.com code :reject: I understand how you feel though jonathan26 :hug:

But who I really feel sorry for is the people in Europe who got no seats or crappy seats. They don't even get a chance at another general sale.

Last edited:
Well i never bought into the whole official fan club thing, its a personal choice..i mean u2 certainly stands for individuality and the ways we all choose to express ourselves....i didnt need to pay a membership to join a club to feel a part of a u2 fan community...everyone who i ever connected with as a u2 fan shared a bond with me, whether or not we were paid up members to propoganda...do you follow me?

I only joined u2.com last october because the ticket paranoia finally got to me...every previous tour i knew that through my dedication and efforts i'd be able to get tix without scalping them...this tour it was obvious would finally be different, thanks to the fact that U2 truly are the last true saviors of arena rock and roll (sad but true) and a must see for many generations, thanks in part to the ubiquity of U2's ipod commercial which gave them unprecedented awareness in the states, thanks to the overwhelming success of the Elevation tour and commercial success of All That You Cant Leave Behind, and the fact that How to Dismantle actually delivers bigtime...so anyway i joined u2.com only for the presale...the other 'members only' type content on u2.com is nothing i cant find elsewhere, and im sure that content is not up to the quality of the magazine propoganda members used to get...and well i was let down bigtime by the presale and thats why i needed to vent a little here....the last thing i would do though is talk badly about anyone who is passionate about this band...and for that reason of course i'm happy for all the prop members who got what they do truly deserve...i just wanted to alert the world there are others of us out there who were screwed badly by the u2.com presale who are now being overlooked...its sad but true...

kelly...i def feel the pain of the fans in europe, we in the states are fortunate for the 3rd leg....i think with how the us dollar is valued against foreign currency, any europeans should just plan a short hop across the atlantic and see u2 on our turf....but then again, there is also a very strong likelihood that U2 will also tour the world in spring 06, and i'm hearing early rumors of a US stadium tour for Summer 06...(i hear a lot of bs-y rumors in my line of work, but this one at least has a likelihood in terms of economics and momentum for the band).

kellyahern said:
I just wish I had been into U2 before propaganda folded :(

You're probably just as well off never having been a Prop subscriber, there are still many of us (including myself) who were members of Prop and got screwed when their subscription info was 'lost' by Fanfire and never got a transition over to U2.com. Though I will say the old way of sending in a money order and S.A.S.E. to Prop for fanclub tickets was much better than all this BS! Ugghhh...

I'm glad to see that the Propaganda members are getting first dibs on seats - they deserve it.

But I joined U2.com last Fall for double the price $40. My code has never worked for me so I never got tickets with it and will not be able to. I bought my membership in December and it expires March 12th - $40 for a 3 month membership, and no tickets to show for it.

I am done with U2 fan clubs for life.

Hopefully, I will have at least modest luck with the general sale this weekend.

matt_tx00 said:
I bought my membership in December and it expires March 12th - $40 for a 3 month membership, and no tickets to show for it.

Read the explanation beneath your expiration date on U2.com.

You obviously joined December 3, so your expiration should read:

03-12-05 (International date format).

matt_tx00 said:
I'm glad to see that the Propaganda members are getting first dibs on seats - they deserve it.

But I joined U2.com last Fall for double the price $40. My code has never worked for me so I never got tickets with it and will not be able to. I bought my membership in December and it expires March 12th - $40 for a 3 month membership, and no tickets to show for it.

I am done with U2 fan clubs for life.

Hopefully, I will have at least modest luck with the general sale this weekend.

youre reading teh expiry date backwards.
its written in Uk format so its dd/mm/yy which means if yours expires 05/12/2005 its actually 5th december not 12th march
i can pretty much guarantee that

Back
Top Bottom