Four in a row???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
maybe because the 4 shows were in different parts of the world?

so why would they throw a completley different set list in for a totally different city and to the last one?

Last edited:
One question: do you think that is a question of cities or country to play the same setlist?? Let me explain, next august they come to spain for three gigs ( Barcelona, San Sebastian and Madrid ). Will they repeat the same setlist because are different cities or they will change the setlist because its the same country and many people ( like me ) will attend more than one spanish vertigo gig ??

U2Spain said:
One question: do you think that is a question of cities or country to play the same setlist?? Let me explain, next august they come to spain for three gigs ( Barcelona, San Sebastian and Madrid ). Will they repeat the same setlist because are different cities or they will change the setlist because its the same country and many people ( like me ) will attend more than one spanish vertigo gig ??
well you gotta be honest, i got see a large % of the people that go to the barcelona concert, travelling to the other citys, if you know what i mean? suppose its like when they played manchester, london, cardiff, not many travelled with them right through to cardiff, why would they? i would have loved to (even if it was the same set) but couldnt due to work etc, but i think the majority of the ones that do travel know it will be pretty much the same setlist, but its still U2 live

p.s. i would say at most there could be possibly 10% travelling city to city

Yeah the complaining about setlists does get a bit old. :rant: They only tour ever 4 years. Just enjoy the show. I know I listen to my cd's more than once without demanding a new cd immediately after I listen to it.

i think that if they play 3 shows in different cities in Spain that they would change the setlists for each. U2 changing setlists means that they will change 2 - 3 songs MAX.

bombergirl1978 said:
Yeah the complaining about setlists does get a bit old. :rant: They only tour ever 4 years. Just enjoy the show. I know I listen to my cd's more than once without demanding a new cd immediately after I listen to it.

Words of Wisdom

:up:

its the same people all the time that complain, thats the real problem, we know your complaints no need to keep going on and on

KUEFC09U2 said:
p.s. i would say at most there could be possibly 10% travelling city to city

Or do multiple concerts in general (visit more in one city)

Over 90% (if not more) of the people who visit a U2 gig only visit one gig, and most of them probably don't even check their past setlists.....

DON'T FORGET!! WE ARE A TINY MINORITY OF ALL THE PEOPLE GOING TO A U2 GIG!!!!

Isn't it time for the apologists to step up and admit that this unchanging setlist is incredibly lame? Or that With Or Without You shouldn't be a permanent addition? Or that Crumbs not being played is a strange turn of events? Or that Vertigo needs to be alternated as a closer?

Or will they continue to give us a bunch of B.S. about how U2 is playing the perfect show and the perfect setlist and how we should be happy and just shut up?

<the faint bleating of sheep rises in the distance>

laz

Vorsprung said:

Over 90% (if not more) of the people who visit a U2 gig only visit one gig, and most of them probably don't even check their past setlists.....

your 100% correct

Vorsprung said:

I :love: this post

lazarus said:
Isn't it time for the apologists to step up and admit that this unchanging setlist is incredibly lame? Or that With Or Without You shouldn't be a permanent addition? Or that Crumbs not being played is a strange turn of events? Or that Vertigo needs to be alternated as a closer?

Or will they continue to give us a bunch of B.S. about how U2 is playing the perfect show and the perfect setlist and how we should be happy and just shut up?

<the faint bleating of sheep rises in the distance>

laz

Or maybe you should get a clue and realize its a rock concert and not let it bother you so much. Thats what I dont get about the setlist bitchers. If it bothers you that much and you spend so much time and effort into bitching about it then its very unhealthy and perhaps you should find another hobby or artist to follow. Isnt going to a concert and being a U2 fan suppose to be fun? If not, what is the point?

Last edited:
Best be starting pages and pages on Zoo TV and Popmart setlists, then.

I think the last two tours - setlistwise - proved pleasing U2 fans is impossible.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:

Or maybe you should get a clue and realize its a rock concert and not let it bother you so much. Thats what I dont get about the setlist bitchers. If it bothers you that much and you spend so much time and effort into bitching about it then its very unhealthy and perhaps you should find another hobby or artist to follow. Isnt going to a concert and being a U2 fan suppose to be fun? If not, what is the point?

Fuckin' A! :up:

I don't get the setlist bitches either.

Jesus, this is U2!! How long has it been since they varied a setlist anyhow? Which tour was that, and, more importantly, were the setlist bitches in fucking diapers when the band did vary the setlist??

That was the first gig I and my sons attended nad we REALLY don't mind they played the same playlist as before. Even if they had, the spirit and ambience of the show were different. And I'm really not rich enough to follow them around the world and make comparisons or get fussy.

Blue Room said:

Or maybe you should get a clue and realize its a rock concert and not let it bother you so much. Thats what I dont get about the setlist bitchers. If it bothers you that much and you spend so much time and effort into bitching about it then its very unhealthy. Isnt going to a concert and being a U2 fan suppose to be fun? If not, what is the point?

It IS fun. The thing is, we have a great interest in this band - that's why we are using up so much time DISCUSSING (not bitching, I don't like that term) the setlists. I don't give a :censored: about how George Michaels setlists are each night or if they are changing - but that's because I have no interest in his music, but I love U2, and I want them to put out the best they can and play as many of all their great songs live as possible. Some of just think that they are not doing their own material (AND their long term fans) justice by playing the songs on the current setlists at the moment. That's it and I think we have a right to feel so and discuss it as much as we want.

One of the downfalls of the internet.

It use to be what we didn't know didn't hurt us. But now, somehow the knowing what other people are hearing offends us...:huh:

KUEFC09U2 said:
its the same people all the time that complain, thats the real problem, we know your complaints no need to keep going on and on

Well have you thought about the fact that the people who complain about the people who complain about the setlists are actually the same all the time, too :huh:?

u2 has brought back the electric co, an cat dubh, gloria, into the heart, the ocean, running to stand still, zoo station, whos gonna ride your wild horses, 40 and played about seven songs (eight if you include vertigox2) from atomic bomb per show and people still complain.

seriously, if you told people in february that all those songs would come back and be played regularly to semi regularly to even making sporadic appearance, i bet a lot of people would have been pretty happy about it.

but because they don't have 50 different crazy setlists theres a problem? how often have U2 had crazy setlists?

i dont mind discussing setlists, setlist order etc, but constant complaining of the setlists just confuses me.

StlElevation said:
u2 has brought back the electric co, an cat dubh, gloria, into the heart, the ocean, running to stand still, zoo station, whos gonna ride your wild horses, 40 and played about seven songs (eight if you include vertigox2) from atomic bomb per show and people still complain.

seriously, if you told people in february that all those songs would come back and be played regularly to semi regularly to even making sporadic appearance, i bet a lot of people would have been pretty happy about it.

but because they don't have 50 different crazy setlists theres a problem? how often have U2 had crazy setlists?

i dont mind discussing setlists, setlist order etc, but constant complaining of the setlists just confuses me.

They have but how often have an cat dubh, gloria, the ocean, into the heart, OOTS and I bet some more that I cannot remember right now been played in Europe?

BonoVoxSupastar said:
One of the downfalls of the internet.

It use to be what we didn't know didn't hurt us. But now, somehow the knowing what other people are hearing offends us...:huh:

I know I have proposed marriage to you before, but here it goes again...

Will you marry me? :drool:

:wink:

U2Man said:

It IS fun. The thing is, we have a great interest in this band - that's why we are using up so much time DISCUSSING (not bitching, I don't like that term) the setlists. I don't give a :censored: about how George Michaels setlists are each night or if they are changing - but that's because I have no interest in his music, but I love U2, and I want them to put out the best they can and play as many of all their great songs live as possible. Some of just think that they are not doing their own material (AND their long term fans) justice by playing the songs on the current setlists at the moment. That's it and I think we have a right to feel so and discuss it as much as we want.

Hey, if it was just a discussion about it I wouldnt have a problem with it either. Problem is, most of the time it isnt. Its the same cast of characters and all they are doing is bitching with the same argument over and over and 90% of the time its VERY negative. How is that fun? Spending that amount of effort to be negative about something you supposedly love so much is just odd to me. I just dont get that and I never will. Each their own. But to start calling those "sheep" or "apologists" because they dont care for the setlist bitching (and yes, thats what it is most of the time, sorry if you dont like the term) is also very negative and ridiculous to me. The person that posted that is what caused me to respond the way I did.

Back
Top Bottom