Ellipse lottery no luck needed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lemon_vr6 said:

After Portland, why not? I told a few people in some of the GA lines I was in and they almost started fights to "place" themselves in line. The trick is to have more than one person with you, because the "hit" number floats a bit, but I have never seen it strike out of a certain range.

sorry I just started reading this thread.

I got to this part and tried skipping to the end to see if lemon_vr6 spilled the beans on the secret! I didn't see any posts about it after 12-20-05, but I might have missed it.

I was just curious because of the gabrielvox post:

"For each show, there is a very simple database downloaded onto the laptop. It lists the elllipse ticket upc codes and the floor ticket upc codes. Your ticket is read, noticably on THE BAR CODE. The number is matched against the database...

I recieved final confirmation on the fact that this is the way it works in Buffalo. Cant tell you how, you can just trust me or not trust me. I have no reason to lie, believe me. I've been in the ellipse more times than is morally acceptable LOL."

I could not believe that this was true because out of 15 tickets, I scanned in ZERO times. Most of my tickets were presale tickets, but if gabrielvox was right, I would be a VERY unlucky mutherfucker! Whereas the last two times the person just in front of me won and in Portland the person right behind me won... so I would expect that the computer has a random generator....

is that right lemon_vr6?

(again, sorry if this was answered, but I went through 4 pages and saw nothing!)

This is the most pathetic thread ever ... outside the stupid Bono asking the same girls up to the stage thread.

We should be fortunate to see a band like U2 once. Regardless of where we are in the arena. There are so many people on this planet who don't even know who U2 are because they are dealing with problems larger than we could ever know.

Yeah, it sucks some folks may have found a way to circumvent the system. Who freaking cares? I have seen U2 at the back of the arena and in the 2nd row. And they blow me away regardless.

All this bickering is nothing what U2 is about. Was the lottery system perfect? Hells no. I applaud the idea. And at least trying to increase the opportunity for randomness. I had GAs fo 5 gigs and only got in twice. But, the other 3 times out on the edge of the ellipse at best 2nd row ... nothing can beat that either.

Bitter people are never happy. Enough is never enough. U2 clearly does not speak to you. And that is a shame. You are missing something magical and spiritual.

well lemon_vr6 should be able to spill his lottery secrets now that it is over

Headache in a Suitcase said:
somehow i doubt the alleged secrets shall be forthcomming...

"For each show, there is a very simple database downloaded onto the laptop. It lists the elllipse ticket upc codes and the floor ticket upc codes. Your ticket is read, noticably on THE BAR CODE. The number is matched against the database...

And if the bar code contains the following numbers, you are in:

4 8 15 16 23 42

but I wouldn't use those numbers, if I were you :shifty:

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

And if the bar code contains the following numbers, you are in:
4 8 15 16 23 42

I thought the numbers were 7 26 18 31 and 12? :huh:

:wink:

WildHoney said:

Ok Ruffian is a friend of mine:hug :

I can assure you she got to all gigs on the back of a lot of hard work & money

I attended 5 shows in US/Canada with her but was only in line with her once.

I got into the eclipse 4 times out of 5 GA's so i'd say my 80% success rate is higher than hers.

And i was the one whos ticket scanned all those times to get in the ellipse, now thats luck :ohmy: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Ruff, Sami, Wild and Dis:heart::hug:

Headache your'e hilarious :lmao:

and Hi to the twins, was nice to meet you in Boston :)

Back
Top Bottom