Edge's guitar on tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gnagle

The Fly
The Vertigo tour is the first U2 tour I have seen, and so far I have been to 3 shows. On the DVDs I have, I always thought the edge used prerecorded guitar samples for basic background rhythm guitar chords because on Rattle and Hum on several songs you can hear 2 guitars playing but obviously only the edge is playing. Could it be that there was another guitarist playing under the stage? Also on ZOO TV it is obvious there are 2 guitar parts durring Zoo Station.

Secondly, at the San Diego show when Bono had his guitar out, his strum wasn't in synch with the rhythm guitar sound I heared. So Bono is miming guitar?

Finally, what I was going to get to with all of this is that Edge seems to be playing all guitar parts live with no prerecorded samples; on most songs only 1 guitar can be heared. I picked up on this the most on All Because of You and Zoo Station.

I really wish they added more backround keyboard synth on songs they used to like Mysterious Ways. The song now sounds too stripped down. Also on THE FLY the edge isn't playing the same effects he used on ZooTV, and the tambourine percussion samples are not present either like on the album or zoo version.

I did notice that ABOY was stripped down to just 1 guitar. When they have played it pre-tour there was definitely an extra guitar in there. It's more raw now.

Back
Top Bottom