Dress Rehearsal in a Small Theatre?? And what Ali said today...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Westport

Refugee
Two things...

I was talking to someone at a Los Angeles radio station today and they said that the dress rehearsal was actually going to be at local theatre venue instead of the rumored LA Sports Arena.

Has anyone else heard this?

It actually makes a lot more sense to me than for them to play for just a few at a 15,000 capacity arena. And it doesn't make sense that they would leak the identity/the look of the tour before the tour actually starts. But I could understand them wanting to go before a smaller audience to practice a live show.

Has anyone gotten invited to whatever the event on Saturday is?

------------

Also, I met Ali at Saks in Beverly Hills today at a party for Edun. I told her that I was looking forward to Monday and she smiled, shook her head and said, "Monday is just going to be something else."

I get the feeling that this concert is going to be extraordinary...well beyond anything we've seen from the band before...

73 hours and counting...

I took a couple of photos today...I'll post them later...running out to the Bob Dylan show at the Pantages...

Preview: Bono wore his wraparound shades, jeans and a purple shirt...

Ali is a Goddess. Behind every godlike rock prophet is a Mary-Aphrodite-like greater Goddess. Fair trade fashion diva, superduper-mom, putting up with four kids and an egomaniac like our beloved Bono and having time to save the world and being so f---ing beautiful. Ali is a Goddess. Ali is a Goddess. Ali is a Goddess. Ali is a Goddess.
love, anu

Actually Bono's wife is a normal human-being ...
Nothing overly-special......in my opinion.
The only reason she is able to do anything .....
is because of Bono's $$$$$ ........
and because she's with Bono and shares his fortune ....
That's really why she can do all that she wants ......
I wonder what she would accomplish on her own .....
with "alot less-er" amounts of money ??????
I do compliment her for all she does with the Chernobyl
Children's Project though.....
I just don't think she could have done ..........
everything that she has done .... without Bono in her corner....

Dalton said:

Unlike Bono who is the new breed of super human?

Don't get me started on Bono .....
At least he has alot of talent .......
( has a great voice, writes beautiful lyrics )
And he does all this ..... without using his money......
His wife has the talent of raising their 4 children....
but nothing else, as a career....
because everything else ...... is all Bono $$$ related..

MsMofoGone said:

because everything else ...... is all Bono $$$ related..

Where is not important indeed.....

Ok, I'm back from The Bob Dylan Band concert at the Pantages...

I saw this show on Monday as well and it is just brilliant. He's brought in this new girl fiddler who is incredible. I've always appreciated Dylan but had never seen him live before this week. Great, great show...

It's late here in Los Angeles...so I am going to continue this thread tomorrow. I have pictures to post but will have to do that tomorrow as well because that cord thing that plugs my camera into my computer is at my office.

I will say that Ali Hewson couldn't have been nicer. She is a sweetheart. And you have to hand it to both of them for being the model example of what they are...which is regular people that by the grace of God have become in some ways larger than life but at the same time are using what God given talent or attention that they have and are using it for the good of mankind....they are actually willing to put themselves out there to improve this planet that we all share. And that's a really good thing....God knows that this planet needs improving.

This was the first time I had met either and my impression was:

Good people...really decent, caring people.

MsMofoGone said:
Actually Bono's wife is a normal human-being ...
Nothing overly-special......in my opinion.
The only reason she is able to do anything .....
is because of Bono's $$$$$ ........
and because she's with Bono and shares his fortune ....
That's really why she can do all that she wants ......
I wonder what she would accomplish on her own .....
with "alot less-er" amounts of money ??????
I do compliment her for all she does with the Chernobyl
Children's Project though.....
I just don't think she could have done ..........
everything that she has done .... without Bono in her corner....

Why would you even post such a thing?! Them thar are fightin' words!! :mad:

Behind every great man is an even greater woman....and Bono is one great man!

whitehead said:

Behind every great man is an even greater woman....and Bono is one great man!

I think perhaps "Behind every successful man is a surprised woman" (Maryon Pearson) might actually be more accurate... :wink:

Westport said:
Ok, I'm back from The Bob Dylan Band concert at the Pantages...

I saw this show on Monday as well and it is just brilliant. He's brought in this new girl fiddler who is incredible. I've always appreciated Dylan but had never seen him live before this week. Great, great show...

It's late here in Los Angeles...so I am going to continue this thread tomorrow. I have pictures to post but will have to do that tomorrow as well because that cord thing that plugs my camera into my computer is at my office.

I will say that Ali Hewson couldn't have been nicer. She is a sweetheart. And you have to hand it to both of them for being the model example of what they are...which is regular people that by the grace of God have become in some ways larger than life but at the same time are using what God given talent or attention that they have and are using it for the good of mankind....they are actually willing to put themselves out there to improve this planet that we all share. And that's a really good thing....God knows that this planet needs improving.

This was the first time I had met either and my impression was:

Good people...really decent, caring people.

i just returned from that show as well! Good show... but ive seen better setlists. Highlights for me was Senor, Make You Feel My Love, Every Grain Of Sand & Don't Think Twice, It's All Right

Westport said:

I was talking to someone at a Los Angeles radio station today and they said that the dress rehearsal was actually going to be at local theatre venue instead of the rumored LA Sports Arena.

Has anyone else heard this?
Yes, I heard that from Stryker(?) on KROQ this afternoon. I only caught it for a second as I was listening to several stations but he said that the dress rehearsal was going to be at the Aquarius Theater on the Sunset Strip, I believe.

Earlier he had said that the location was leaked.

Actually, there's a fan who has already been to the dress rehearsal area........met some of the band, etc.............same thing with another fan here........you can check it out in the setlists section........

I think Bono and Ali are special because they do what they do IN SPITE of the money. How easy it would be to retreat into a completely self-absorbed state of being with the kind of coin they have. I find them both pretty inspiring.

MsMofoGone said:

Raisign 4 children is MUCH tougher than ANY career.

My wife gave up her career to raise our 3, toughest job in the world. It's the toughest job in the world

cardosino said:

Raising 4 children is MUCH tougher than ANY career.

That's what I said...... She is a NORMAL human-being indeed.
Raising children is a normal part of everyday life for people who
have children. And it's not an easy-task either, plus I did
compliment her for that and the Chernobyl Childrens Project work
that she does. I just think she would have other circumstances
involved in her life, if she worked for a living with a regular weekly
paycheck and say hours of 9-5..
Also, I meant that his wife doesn't EARN their money...
Bono does... and that's what "makes the difference"...
and that's NOT jealousy... that's a "plain and simple" FACT.. :yes:

MsMofoGone: I agree that Bono's financial success has given Ali tremendous opportunities. But it was HER that took those opportunities - and she has taken done things without asking for more $$. For example, Stella McCartney, Paul's daughter, also started a clothing line. She had her father's enormous fortune to help her. But I don't see Stella doing this for free. I don't see Stella doing this so that there's equality in the work place. I see Stella doing this to make her own mark, while relying on her father's name to get noticed (after all, if this were anyone but Paul's daughter, would anyone even care?).

In contrast, Ali has taken this financial freedom and done marvelous things with it. She's spearheaded the Chernobyl campaign. She was instrumental in the nuclear policies in England. She launched this clothing line that represents equality and fairness in the working world. With no disrespect meant to Edge, Larry and Adam, I don't see their significant others doing such grandiose work. They all have seemingly chosen a more subdued lifestyle - and fair enough. I agree that raising children and caring for a home is considerable work. And I'm sure they all do side projects that don't generate as much attention. But Ali has chosen the spotlight - and in a way that doesn't detract from her husband. Rather, it seems Bono and Ali are constantly working separately, but together - and that is indeed a remarkable feat.

So to say Ali is "normal" is an egregious error. Yes, she has $$, but she's done tremendous things because of it - and that is rare in today's world.

cardosino said:

Raisign 4 children is MUCH tougher than ANY career.

My wife gave up her career to raise our 3, toughest job in the world. It's the toughest job in the world

yes and that is so true. i am a mother of two, cant quit my job because we HAVE TO LIVE a decent life thoug. but for ali to have to raise 4 kids in a rather abnormal and not your usual family life , touring and keeping the the kids away from possible kidnappers, stalkers, paparazzi and making them have some kind of privacy in their otherwise glass world and keeping them from becoming future swellheads... my those are tough tasks. and it surprises me that to this day people still undermine raising a family as if it were not a career in itself. it's a 24/7 job! being a mother is the toughest job in the world. and you dont earn that kind of knowledge from universities or so called gurus. besides ali earned her university in spite of her hectic schedule === yeah she has to "man" the house while bono concentrates on his career. ali is a talented woman, she knows how to use this and she can very well stand on her own with or without bono. she actually has the choice of enjoying those millions like any other wife of a rock star, partying and swinging left and right, and shopping and flaunting diamonds.. but you dont see ali do that. just shows the kind of character that she has. bono has already complemented her in the past and said that she is such a strong woman. i believe she also provided the balance in bono's life and is a significant factor in keeping him from getting drowned in his popularity and his millons.

i simply salute ali. she deserves no less than that from all U2 fans and probably all well meaning women in this planet.

Re: Re: Dress Rehearsal in a Small Theatre?? And what Ali said today...

pub crawler said:

Yes, I heard that from Stryker(?) on KROQ this afternoon. I only caught it for a second as I was listening to several stations but he said that the dress rehearsal was going to be at the Aquarius Theater on the Sunset Strip, I believe.

Earlier he had said that the location was leaked.

That's out in Palo Alto, about 7 hours from San Diego. I don't think they'll be having it there. :shrug:

Originally posted by doctorwho
I agree that Bono's financial success has given Ali tremendous opportunities.
Yes, she has $$, but she's done tremendous things because of it -and that is rare in today's world.

That's exactly right.... and that's what I've been trying to state !!
She definitely would NOT have these tremendous opportunities..
if it were NOT for the fact that she has alot of $$.... She might
NOT have done all this "notable" charity work or "fair trade" issue
with a fashion line, if she had to work a regular job every day..
Bono's wife is a "motivated" and "caring" person, and yes,
a "normal" person. Bono once said that "his wife was so-ooo sane, although she chooses to live with him"......
She is the ONLY person that "keeps him sane".....
so she is a very "level-headed" and "normal-minded" person,
indeed... (and Bono's probably NOT "easy" to live with, either !!)
I just don't think of her as special, because SHE DIDN'T have to
"earn" money, BEFORE she "ventured" in all these causes...
I think she would be "extraordinarilly" special... if SHE worked and
made money and did all that she's doing now.... instead of getting known in the spotlight, cuz of being a rockstar's wife.
The fact that the rest of the band's significant others do nothing..
is worth mentioning, because they obviously don't feel it's necessary... or maybe they don't want to get involved... and that's a shameful matter indeed, but their lives would be different too, if not for their husbands/boyfriends.. (success / fame / fortune). That is a fact....

Aquarius Theatre
6230 Sunset Boulevard
Aquarius Theatre
Argyle and El Centro
Hollywood
Los Angeles
California
CA
USA

--------------------

That's the location...

Here's hoping that a recording comes out of the rehearsal show....

57 hours and counting to the main event...

Back
Top Bottom