Concert seating in a football stadium...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jammin909

Acrobat
I have never been to Europe for a concert and Pearl Jam is coming this September as most of you probably know. I was wondering if any of you have been in the stands for a U2 show or any other for that matter instead of on the field?

I have a ticket for Arnhem in the stands but the seats seem so far away from the stage on a football pitch. Will I still be in the action or should I make an effort to get a general admission standing ticket?

Opinions welcomed...

from what i know of from my concert the only way you can be seated is if ya in the stands and if you are on the field you are all standing.

rock gigs are made for standing ! welcome to europe baby!

The stadium in Arnhem isn't all that big (24.000, if I'm not mistaking).
But usually the sound is terrible.
You say you have tickets for the stands.
Here you can check where you are seated.
http://www.gelredome.nl/publiek/index.asp?p=12
Your ticket probably says /// opgang 121/// or something like that. That's the section you're in. (and the section I'll be in!)

Sounds is fine in the Gelredome, I had seats too with a Coldplay concert and it was great, much better than the sound during the U2 concert a few days later in Amsterdam.

nicodepiko said:
But usually the sound is terrible.
You say you have tickets for the stands.
Here you can check where you are seated.
http://www.gelredome.nl/publiek/index.asp?p=12
Your ticket probably says /// opgang 121/// or something like that. That's the section you're in. (and the section I'll be in!)

Thank you! That chart is exactly what I was looking for!

I will be in the side section 102.

You dont happen to have an extra for Antwerp do you!?

Last edited:
nicodepiko said:

Actually, I think the Gelredome can hold about 35,000 people. At least, that was the # of people for the U2 Elevation concerts (IIRC).

Popmartijn said:

Actually, I think the Gelredome can hold about 35,000 people. At least, that was the # of people for the U2 Elevation concerts (IIRC).

You're probably right,

At football games, people don't stand on the pitch, so once you've included that, the stadium capacity is much higher.

Back
Top Bottom