By trying to reduce Ticketmaster fees... U2.com screwed us all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2@NYC

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Did you all read this note in the U2.com e-mail regarding tickets?

"In an unprecedented arrangement, U2.Com has secured for U2.Com
Subscribers a significant reduction on the standard Ticketmaster.com
convenience charge, which is levied on all ticket sales in North America -
however this is limited to 10% of the capacity in each venue and this
reduced levy will be allocated on a first come first served basis."

So, basically, by trying to reduce in, say, $5, the Ticketmaster fee, they limited the ticket availability of each venue to 10% of its total capacity for the pre-sale. By doing so in certain markets (e.g., MSG, Boston, Chicago) they literally screwed us all.

I would have happily paid the full Ticketmaster fee to be able to secure a pair of tickets (which I couldn't due to their stupid reduced fee agreement).

I honesly do not know how U2's management could be so smart for certain things and so stupid for other ones. Talk about royally screwing its most loyal fans...

Uhhh when i got through and had a chance to buy nosebleeds at msg the surcharge was still over $8! Fuck them they are liars. I feel like giving my money to ashlee simpson or somebody over these greedy bastards hyping shit up.

The thing that makes me angriest is that I spent $40 and an untold amount of stress and aggravation during the actual ticket-buying process..... only to get crappier seats than I would if I had just picked up the phone and called in along with everyone else in the world.

I fully intend to do the general sale for Chicago on Saturday, and I have no doubt whatsoever that I will get better seats then, than the ones I got today.

Thanks alot, U2.

Huh? There was a reduction in service fees? Yeah, like maybe $.50 or something.

Bring back the Propaganda system!!!

Back
Top Bottom