Bono did come out with Pearl Jam tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:drool: :drool:

Ooh, mama want. Mama waaaaant.

It can't possibly top Neil Young and Pearl Jam's duet on that song in the mid-90s on the MTV VMAs, but oh yes. Waaaaaaant. Must hear.

I just got back from the show and it blew my mind. Not only was PJ freakin amazing but when Bono came out and sang Rockin in the Free World with Eddie it blew the top off the place. I had a feeling something was up cause Eddie refered to U2 at least 6 times during the show and he even sang a little bit of A Sort of Homecoming and said one of his favourite songs about addiction was this one and he started playing the begining chords to Bad. As a hardcore U2 and PJ fan this was one of the best nights of my life!!!

Achtung Joshua! said:
I just got back from the show and it blew my mind. Not only was PJ freakin amazing but when Bono came out and sang Rockin in the Free World with Eddie it blew the top off the place. I had a feeling something was up cause Eddie refered to U2 at least 6 times during the show and he even sang a little bit of A Sort of Homecoming and said one of his favourite songs about addiction was this one and he started playing the begining chords to Bad. As a hardcore U2 and PJ fan this was one of the best nights of my life!!!
:combust: AWESOME!!!!! :rockon:

this link will not last all night... soundboard quality

pearl jam f/ bono- keep on rocking in the free world, live from tonight's show in toronto... enjoy.

"it would be hard to work harder than that man... keeping us in a free world"
-eddie on bono

http://www.u2security.com/freeworld

add m p 3 to the end of that link, or just go to www.u2security.com and download it

oh wait let me take the link down i might get yelled at for not waiting two weeks to post a boot or some crap like that :madspit:

i hate when people say that stuff... enjoy it... even though you can go to pearljam.com and pay for it, have it for free... at least till the morning when i have to take it off my server or risk it going down.

eddie also thanks the "distinguished and dignified gentleman of u2" durring the encore break for all they did to influence the band, and "not to mention the thousands of dollars of drinks they bought us over the years, or the 1,500 dollars of vodka i drank sunday night." eddie goes on to praise them for being able to stay together for so long and hopes that pearl jam can last as long, then goes on to play "hide your love away" saying that "this is for a guy we didn't get to meet" (george harrison)

Headache in a Suitcase said:
just listened to daughter... i can confirm that eddie chanted at the end of daughter "yahweh" and then sang "if i could you know i would, if i could i would let it go" from bad
:combust:

Yahweh, Bad and A Sort of A Homecoming! :drool:

eddie also thanks the "distinguished and dignified gentleman of u2" durring the encore break for all they did to influence the band, and "not to mention the thousands of dollars of drinks they bought us over the years, or the 1,500 dollars of vodka i drank sunday night." eddie goes on to praise them for being able to stay together for so long and hopes that pearl jam can last as long, then goes on to play "hide your love away" saying that "this is for a guy we didn't get to meet" (george harrison)
AWESOME!!!! :rockon: I love when bands do that!!! I hope that got a big roar from the crowd!!!! :hyper:

i'm trying to find the homecoming bit... any idea at what point in the concert he played it?
No, but Achtung Joshua! probably does since he went to the concert. I hope he's still around here somewhere.

WOW!

How can I go about saving it on my computer and then upload it for others on YSI. I know how to upload, but can't see how to d/l the link from your site. I click on it and it just immediately plays...

(since you said the link won't last all night...just trying to help)

Last edited:
Lila64.

Right click on the link and select 'Save Target As'

I knew it was something like that - just didn't see the 'save target as' when I tried it before. It's late & I'm tired. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it :wink:

And thanks for the help!
high5.gif

Back
Top Bottom