B-stages in Europe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OffAxis

Acrobat
How much are they using them? Which one is Bono favoring? Would like to know so as to know where to stand on the field.

Thanks!

The catwalks are being used quite well, with several excursions made at Hampden.

Left Catwalk (from audience perspective):

ABOY - Bono and Edge
COBL (intro) - Bono
Wild Horses - Bono
LAPOE - Adam and Edge
Streets - Bono
Zoo Station - Edge

Right Catwalk (from audience perspective):

ABOY - Adam
Wild Horses - Adam (I think - anyone verify?)
LAPOE - Bono and Larry
SYCMIOYO - Bono
Zoo Station - Bono

I'm grateful for this information too, as I have been thinking along the same lines about choosing my spot.
I think my ideal spot would be at the rail on the outer edge of any of the b-stages. That's because
1) I'm short, and that way I would be able to see the main stage because noone would be standing directly in front of me, and also be able to see the light show a bit better from a distance and
2) I just think the b-stages are really cool...:wink:

Anyone else who can tell during which songs the boys were at which b-stage at the other concerts?

trainspotter said:
also bear in mind that Bono bashes the drum kit during LAPOE!!

Lamest part of the show in my opinion. He plays the most basic beat possible. The way everyone talked about it got me excited then I saw it, and was quite disappointed. He's playing on the 1 and 3 beats and hits with both sticks on the 1 beat.

OffAxis said:

Lamest part of the show in my opinion. He plays the most basic beat possible. The way everyone talked about it got me excited then I saw it, and was quite disappointed. He's playing on the 1 and 3 beats and hits with both sticks on the 1 beat.

Bono is probably the fourth best drummer in the band :)

trainspotter said:
also bear in mind that Bono bashes the drum kit during LAPOA!!

Yes, that is part of my calculation... :wink: At first I thought Edge's side would be the best, but now I'm leaning toward Adam's. Bono banging the drums, Bono in Zoo clothes, and (at least in Glasgow) Bono singing SYCMIOYO. Lots of cool stuff going on over there...

But I guess I would be happy with a railspot at either side...

OffAxis said:

maybe because he isnt actually a drummer? and just does it for novelty perposes

Bono's drumming on LaPoE totally steals the show! i dont know if its funny or cool or lame or whatever, but its really really awesome!

Back
Top Bottom