Argue this....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm VERY pleasantly surprised that they kept MS. Hopefully they keep it by the time they come 2 Tampa in Nov.

Chizip said:

14. Miss Sarajevo - Wake me up when this ones over

:up: Night and day difference from running to stand still. so boring i would rather see them play running for the 20th time, then sit through miss sarajevo.

haven't been on here much lately because i've been so busy, but I was excited to get back in to check out the first night of the third leg.

it's pretty good. I'm not a huge "miss sarajevo" fan but I wouldn't mind hearing it live. "Fast cars" is awesome.

But there are some horrible things their keeping. BTBS is awful now, the new version sucks and they keep playing it every night like the majority of the crowd are really into it. And Streets hasn't been changed either judging by its placement, that sucks.

Overall, there are some changes, and I look forward to seeing what they do with the rest of Toronto. Can't wait to see them, but after seeing the setlist, i'm not going to go to any more shows than already planned (2).

Although I have feelings somewhat similar to Chizip, I reserve judgment until after the final Toronto show.

As to those complaining about those complaining about IALW and Fast Cars... Yes, we got two new songs last night. But how many ppl WANTED to hear IALW and Fast Cars? Far less, I bet, than those that have been PETITIONING to hear Crumbs, Dirty Day, Acrobat, Wild Horses, Bad, etc. (Yes, I laugh at online petitions, but, in the end, the petitions speak volumes about what the masses think.)

Maxim of the day: Not everyone shares the same opinion. Accept diversity of opinion, then learn to accept dissent. We love U2. We don't love everything that U2 does. :wink:

Chizip said:

alright, I will give you my take on the setlist song by song and then maybe you will see why I am unhappy. then once i have said that, i will be done with all negative comments because im sure people are sick of them...

1. Vertigo - Good rocker, though would prefer COBL to open
2. I Will Follow - Same as on Elevation Tour
3. The Electric Co. - Badass
4. Elevation - Not a good enough song to be played every night
5. Beautiful Day - Same as Elevation Tour
6. In A Little While - Same as Elevation Tour
7. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - Same as Elevation Tour
8. City Of Blinding Lights - Badass, though poor placement after ISHFWILF
9. Miracle Drug - Badass
10. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - Badass
11. Love and Peace - Badass
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday - Same as Elevation Tour
13. Bullet The Blue Sky - Worst version ever
14. Miss Sarajevo - Wake me up when this ones over

15. Pride (In The Name Of Love) - Haha I don't have to say anything about this
16. Where The Streets Have No Name - Lost it's magic due to transition ans setlist placement
17. One - Same as Elevation Tour yet even staler

18. Zoo Station - Badass
19. The Fly - Badass
20. With or Without You - Elevation Tour again, and just stale

21. All Because Of You - Decent
22. Fast Cars - Could be really cool
23. Yahweh - Decent
24. 40 - Was best in the 80's, this tour could use a distinctive closer (Bad could be really cool)

So, looking at the setlist, it doesn't blow me away at all. And if they add Wild Horses or All I Want is You every now and then it's not really going to make it any better.

Not to mention when the curtains are up, which is for about 75% of the show, the stage and production is 95% the same as the Elevation Tour.

So, this tour has officially lost most of my interest. So I will take my negative comments elsewhere and hope the rest of you enjoy it greatly :wave:

A solid critique of the show. Seems they don't want to stray too far away from what worked on the Elevation tour.

In A Little While is the best song on ALL THAT.

Fast Cars is unexpected and exciting.

Are there other songs I would have liked to hear? Sure. Crumbs, Electrical Storm, A Man and A Woman, but maybe we will yet.

I'm betting it was a heck of a performance if the performance of One last weekend was any indication. (I mean the first verse, before Mary J Blige can in and pooped all over the rest of the song naturally)

U2FanPeter said:
Was there any bitching from anybody who ATTENDED the show.

Just asking.

u2fp

that's the thing I haven't seen one complain from people who have attended and speaking as a person who will only attend two shows of the tour, I'm very happy with the setlists and reviews

KUEFC09U2 said:
something i havent seen to be honest

And hopefully won't! I think it's easy for us all to bitch from our chairs at home or work, but I've never met anyone who didn't have a blast at a show--no matter what they've played.

i was really hoping they'd do something different with streets as far as what they use to lead into it. disapointing to see it's still pride. just doesn't work as well.

i agree with whoever said that streets would make a great choice to open an encore with. something to switch it up.

and they can't go back to the red over the flags. if you were to believe many of the people on this site, chris martin has stolen the color red, never to return it.

Utoo said:

And hopefully won't! I think it's easy for us all to bitch from our chairs at home or work, but I've never met anyone who didn't have a blast at a show--no matter what they've played.

I thought setlist bitching was unusually high for a couple reasons:

-A horrendous showing by Toronto fans for 3 days of rehearsal setlists. We know fans were there and it was audible from the outside of the building. I love how "fans" wait 4-5 hours for Bono and ignore the ongoing show. This happened in Vancouvers rehearsals and it was something I could never understand.

-Nobody relaying a 'live' setlist to the internet

-U2.com releasing the whole thing in one go

-Nobody releasing fast cars to internet audio

While I've seen u2 over a dozen times, I can also admit to walking out early once and seriously thinking about doing it another time.

u2fp

Back
Top Bottom