Are U2.com inept?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a keychain? I gots nothin'! Except for the mousepad that I BOUGHT, and the t-shirt I BOUGHT for my daughter, both online. :mad:

Well I don't know about you lot but I'd rather read Axver's posts over just about anything on U2.com...

...what if Axver starts posting on U2.com?! OMG.

Who's renewing if there is no ticket benefit??? Not me. They can keep the business card sized videos we all already own and lyrics we already know. I won't shed a tear over Zootopia...or my U2.com email address I never used.

mirrorballman said:
but yeah the site is full of errors, and its really bothering since you get to realize that the page is run by people who have absolutely no clue about U2...

They probably have a mild interest, and have some inclination about what happens with the band. We just happen to have about 7 resident setlist executives here on Interference and draw on a vast pool of self-proclaimed U2 evangelists, educated in the finest finishing schools the internet can offer.

We should start a collective U2 fact checking service. We could work in shifts around the clock, worldwide. That way when Diane Sawyer and GMA say erroneous facts about the ellipse process we can correct them prior to their national embarassment. When some newspaper incorrectly researches a shoe size for Bono, the oncall fact checker will respond immediately with the correct information. No stone will be left unturned, no media outlet embarassed or incorrect. Everyone, everywhere will know that Bob Hewson was a postal worker and that U2 accepted no money for the Ipod commercial.

you know what, its not really the setlist errors or small crap that annoys me, its when they send out an email saying there will be 2 vegas shows, one on friday and one on saturday.

and then they tell you that there will be a presale for both shows, and you think hey cool, im going to use my presale code for the saturday show. then you check ticketmaster and the saturday show isnt listed. so you email u2.com and ask if there will really be a presale for the saturday show like they said in the email. and then you get no reponse. and then you keep waiting for ticketmaster to list the saturday show, but they never do so you buy tickets for the friday show at the last minute of the presale.

then you wait for the day of the general sale for them to add the second show. you wait all day because as soon as the first one sells out they always added the second one. yet hours and hours go by and nothing comes up. then that night they say tickets for the satyurday show will go on sale the next week, and there wont be a presale for it.

and now you're pissed you waited a full day for nothing, and if u2.com would have just sent out the correct info in the first place, or at least responded to a valid question, then all of the confusion could have been avoided.

but nope, theyre jackasses

"Up til now we've felt that there was so much high quality U2 information on sites run by fans that we shouldn't add to it unless we could do something significantly different." "But now with technological advancements, we're in a position to offer something unique."--Edge.

I personally go to 4 different U2 sites, each has something different to offer, different perspectives.

I like the posters at the different message boards too.

Plus Zootopia doesn't make me login if I take awhile to type up a post. Nothing more irritating than writing a long post (not always about U2 either) and I go to post, and I have log in again, and what I typed is gone.

Interference isn't the only site that does this, but Zootopia, I once started a post, had to do something took about 45 minutes, came back, and the post submitted just fine.

If I get high speed internet, I'm renewing.

Interference charges for premium memberships too, so it's not like some people aren't willing to pay for other features for a website.

I haven't found any biographies about U2 on U2.com, know why?

Google that information, how many sites will you get saying where U2 are from, school they went to, etc.

Plenty of U2 fan sites have news, tour dates, tour itineraries, why should U2.com have the exact same information. It'd be boring, there is stuff on U2.com that few fansites have, that's what I think an official site should have.

We're not saying that we want the information on tour dates/song debuts and stuff......we're saying that we want the info to be accurate so that those who aren't as knowledgeable/devoted us can go to the official u2 website and get they information they need. We also don't wanna spend 40 dollars and receive virtually no benefits (and sometimes disadvantages!)

what exactly are we getting for our 40 bucks?

how about a soundboard recording from one of the shows?

how about some live video clips from the tour?

how about anything to make it worthwhile?

Lila64 said:
a keychain? I gots nothin'! Except for the mousepad that I BOUGHT, and the t-shirt I BOUGHT for my daughter, both online. :mad:

Hopefully your discount code worked, mine didn't. I paid the same as anyone who isn't a subscriber and FanFire isn't giving me any feedback. :madspit:
I also am patiently waiting for them to send me my merchandise.
I got my membership card keychain but after all that happened, I wish I hadn't subscribed at all.

Nobody has mentioned this yet that I can see...how about that miniscule font on a black background (much of the time) no less? It gives me a headache after about two minutes. Obviously this is not as important an issue as content errors, etc., but still...

Catlady said:
Nobody has mentioned this yet that I can see...how about that miniscule font on a black background (much of the time) no less? It gives me a headache after about two minutes. Obviously this is not as important an issue as content errors, etc., but still...

I know! :yes: I can hardly read their site because of the font :reject: It's the worst in the forums, with so many posts back to back in that tiny font.

I've been wondering about the renewal thing myself. If there's not going to be a tour benefit next year (because it's still up in the air whether or not this is going to be a multi-year tour), I can't see that many people wanting to renew at the full price. I lucked out, $20 bucks for two presales. I never did get my swanky membership card but could care less about that. I wouldn't pay $40 unless I was guaranteed several presale opportunities and other cool things.

The site had been promising great things to come for members. Other than the occasional exclusive in the Tours section, I haven't seen anything that great. No contests, no CDs, no pictures, no magazines, nothing. U2 should really talk to Madonna about how to run a website and fan club, Icon rocks.

thrillme is right, though, there are plenty of sites (this one included) that offer U2 news, reviews and set lists so U2.com shouldn't have to provide that information. What U2.com should be doing, though, is providing better information first. No one should be scooping them on anything, that should be the place to turn to for all U2 news and announcements but, sadly, it's usually the last.

I think we need a poll to see how many fans will renew their memberships. I wish I knew how to set one up. The band has acknowledged the problems with the presale in interviews but I haven’t read anything specific about their site, which on good days sucks donkeys and is not worthy of such a great band. The only hope in hell to change things is to hit them where it hurts, their wallets. I've found just as good or better information faster just from this site. Lack of dedicated manpower is not an excuse since many talented fans would probably do it for free just to be associated in some small way with the band. As it stands now the U2.com membership is only good for aggravation. :down: :down:

dsmith2904 said:
I've been wondering about the renewal thing myself. If there's not going to be a tour benefit next year (because it's still up in the air whether or not this is going to be a multi-year tour), I can't see that many people wanting to renew at the full price. I lucked out, $20 bucks for two presales. I never did get my swanky membership card but could care less about that. I wouldn't pay $40 unless I was guaranteed several presale opportunities and other cool things.

The site had been promising great things to come for members. Other than the occasional exclusive in the Tours section, I haven't seen anything that great. No contests, no CDs, no pictures, no magazines, nothing. U2 should really talk to Madonna about how to run a website and fan club, Icon rocks.

thrillme is right, though, there are plenty of sites (this one included) that offer U2 news, reviews and set lists so U2.com shouldn't have to provide that information. What U2.com should be doing, though, is providing better information first. No one should be scooping them on anything, that should be the place to turn to for all U2 news and announcements but, sadly, it's usually the last.

:yes: :up: :yes:

Gen. Chat said:
I think we need a poll to see how many fans will renew their memberships. I wish I knew how to set one up. The band has acknowledged the problems with the presale in interviews but I haven’t read anything specific about their site, which on good days sucks donkeys and is not worthy of such a great band. The only hope in hell to change things is to hit them where it hurts, their wallets. I've found just as good or better information faster just from this site. Lack of dedicated manpower is not an excuse since many talented fans would probably do it for free just to be associated in some small way with the band. As it stands now the U2.com membership is only good for aggravation. :down: :down:

:up: I agree in every way. Essentially I spent $40 on a poorly run presale (luckily thanks to how much they fucked up the first one I was able to participate in the third leg presale as well). That's it. What exclusive content have we gotten? Like two clips? Not to mention the fact that Zootopia blows, you people are way cooler :D

I never signed up for the membership, mainly because I got all the news I needed here, all the videos & music either here or elsewhere online, and friends had told me that they'd never had a problem with getting tickets for shows. Forty bucks for an ugly keychain and yet another email address seemed silly to me. Still, after the hoopla surrounding ticket sales this year, I briefly considered joining so that I could benefit on future tours. THEN I read in the small print that the discount on merchandise was good for only one purchase, that u2.com members may have no presale benefits in the future, AND that you had to renew the $40 subscription every year! I quickly ended all thoughts of signing up right then.

I'd also be interested to see how many members think it's worth it to renew the subscription. If no one's done it yet, I might start up a poll.

Or not. I thought I'd seen how to do it, but I can't find it now....

Gen. Chat said:

i created a poll in EYKIW

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131793

everyone go vote!

sonofabono said:
BIGGEST BAND IN THE WORLD!the website is one step behind every one else

I agree with you. It used to be my first site every single day. At one point during this tour there were no updates for 4 whole days. I don't like the humourless forum or the site format. I never got my discount code either after numerous emails. They said they had no record of my membership, yet they sent me a key ring and membership card etc. I'm not renewing my membership. It's the blue crack for me everytime now!

Back
Top Bottom