6 Shows and no curse words

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's funny how people take this as a very serious issue! :lol: I didn't even notice Bono didn't cuss during the latest shows.

Last edited:
im not one to judge someone on cursing...i have the filthiest mouth out of anyone i know...ill just randomly insert f words here and there and everything else out of habit....i really need to have a swear jar or something....:)

i also might add that i dont understand where all these topics come up and then bush is brought up...theres no liberal christians that would get heated over hearing someone curse profanely or christian democrats who loved to see cheatin bill clinton leaving mass services with a never read bible in one hand and his digsusting wife's hand in the other and thinking he was a " religious" man?? this has nothing to do with politics...just whethe a person curses or not. an atheist could be offended by filthy language.

Last edited:
tenacious_b said:
During one song, I can't remember which, Bono was nearly foaming at the mouth and yelling at the Edge to play harder or something. I'm not a lip reader but he definitely dropped the f-bomb a few times. He wasn't yelling into the microphone though. It was funny.

Vertigo for one of the SD shows.

No swears...but he did flip the bird San Diego 2.

I prefer the Bono that swears. The FCC can kiss my ass. Also thought the comment about how Irish people swear a lot was rather stupid. Cursing, drinking, and fightin' bout religion...yep, that's about all us Irish are good for, eh? :eyebrow:

agreed...my parents being from ireland, as well as my gf, im well aware of the irish cursing a lot...but thats not to say they curse more or less than any other nationality.....

the fcc has some good points i agree with and some bad ones i dont agree with. i dont think when im watching nickolodeon with my 9 year old niece she should see commercials for britney spears latest cd with video of spears bumping and grinding with 10 guys on stage and wearing next to nothing. and that is something i think the fcc should regulate. there is a time and place for certain things to be heard and seen. but to each his own..:)

NYRangers78 said:
the fcc has some good points i agree with and some bad ones i dont agree with. i dont think when im watching nickolodeon with my 9 year old niece she should see commercials for britney spears latest cd with video of spears bumping and grinding with 10 guys on stage and wearing next to nothing. and that is something i think the fcc should regulate. there is a time and place for certain things to be heard and seen. but to each his own..:)

how about turn off the tv? don't legislate morality.

Well, I'm not a religious person (in the christian sense) but I see fuck, shit etc. etc. as just another word to express myself with. Sometimes these words just need to be said, and I don't take it offensively at all, or mean offense to anyone else (most of the time)

everyone of us should stop swearing, it's good if bono does. the problem is that he's a famous man, people in the age of 13-14-15 are easy carried on with scurrilous language, what happens is this for instance: "cool, bono said fuck!" and the next minute the same word is repeated. so, if bono hasn't said bad words so far, it's fine. hope he continues in this way, it's important if he would give a good example in this, too

cmb737 said:

how about turn off the tv? don't legislate morality.

how about nickelodeon is a childrens channel?? u think thats appropriate for little kids to watch educational shows like blues clues and dora the explorer on that channel and then get bombarded with sexual commericals??? gimme a break. im not saying legislate cable tv or anything else but some of it is a bit much.

Last edited:
For fuck's sake! :wink:

Sometimes we Australians find the uptightness of a proportion of the American population downright baffling. ie Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction". It was even reported on the news with a hint of bemusement. When Miss Universe stepped on her skirt and it fell off, exposing her very pert buttocks and red thong, the footage was repeated ad nauseum on every news program for DAYS!!!!! There were JOKES everywhere on the telly about it.

I swear, my friends swear, swearing is on TV. I've dropped fuck in front of my parents (in 2 languages), the sky hasn't fallen in.

If Bono WAS holier than thou, I would not be interested.

Now I'm going to fuck off!

:wink:

yeah i dont really care about bad language being used...theyre only words...but when sexual images and innuendo are shown in commericals at 10 o clock in the morning during educational programs for children ..thats a a disgrace.

NYRangers78 said:
yeah i dont really care about bad language being used...theyre only words...but when sexual images and innuendo are shown in commericals at 10 o clock in the morning during educational programs for children ..thats a a disgrace.

yeah, THE disgrace, but bad language is bad, too, such words infiltrate in kids minds, and we should care, normally

I just have to say that I strongly disagree with many people's view points here about swearing(curse words). I guess it was the way i was raised, and taught, but I really do not like hearing people use that language, just not swear words, but any filthy language at all. When I hear someone using a curse word for every other word in there sentence, its degrading to the character of the person(imo). Although I am not implying that I am perfect, and that I have never sworn, I really do try not to let them slip out. But the 1 word that I hate hearing people use the most is when they use Lord's name in vain.

Last edited:
This thread is terrible. I am worse for reading it.

Axver..need a roomate? I need out of the US.

NYRangers78 said:
there are planes leaving the us every hour from all of our major airports if you dont like it in america leave. i know a whole bunch of cubans and other nationalities that would risk their lives to come here.

Are you talking about swearing?
Because if you are, everywhere you go people swear, not just america

NYRangers78 said:
there are planes leaving the us every hour from all of our major airports if you dont like it in america leave. i know a whole bunch of cubans and other nationalities that would risk their lives to come here.

Quite true, but like us Irish, Cubans swear a lot. Don't get me wrong, Jesusland is great and all...except if you aren't into Jesus.

macphisto23 said:

Are you talking about swearing?
Because if you are, everywhere you go people swear, not just america

no i was just responding to cmb saying he needed to get out of america. as bad as america is, and it has its faults, its one of the greatest countries, if not THE greatest country, in the world. no country is perfect. macphisto, believe me i know about swearing as ive said before i need a swear jar. id be rich then.

Last edited:
NYRangers78 said:
as bad as america is, and it has its faults, its one of the greatest countries, if not THE greatest country, in the world.

My point exactly. This is exactly the attitude that makes me embarassed to be American these days. This holier than thou, support our troops, O say can you see, rah rah crap. :eyebrow: I love my country, but it is doing some fucked up things right now. I moved from the south to the desert to get away from that bullshit.

Excuse me while I score Vegas tix.

Last edited:
NYRangers78 said:
Funny isn't it how the majority of immigrants comingt to america end up being more depressed once they're here than they were in their previous situatioin. ANyone seen the movie, "Lost Boys of Sudan"?

theyre probably more depressed from being out of their country and being homesick than anything negative that has to do with america ....im sure my father was depressed when he first came to america from ireland in teh 60's. does that mean that he wasnt better off in america getting a job right away then sitting on the dole in ireland? of course not.

but isnt it funny how people always want to come to america? im sure immigrants in iraq would rather be depressed in america instead of living every day under the risk of being thrown into shredders in iraq for not scoring a goal for the iraq soccer team or cubans living under communism.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom