Vertigo In Chicago - U2 Midwest Bash 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are you interested in attending the U2-Midwest party?

• YES! I will definately be there!

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Maybe. I'm not sure yet.

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • No. I hate U2 fan gatherings.

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • I need to know the details before I make solid plans.

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
It seems like there is going to be some cool U2 fans in Chicago for the second weekend in May :dancing:

Less than 3 months now!

I'm trying to make a weekend out of it, so I'm going to book the Fairfield Marriot on Ontario St (i think...). The Hard Rock Cafe is on that street, and Michigan Ave. is a block away. Good night life there (important) and it seems that's where good "tourist" stuff is, so it's worth the money.

The rooms are about $150 a night, but it's worth it. I figure I'll save money on taxi rides, plus I have a free night stay at a Fairfeld from my credit card rewards :wink:

RademR said:
I'm trying to make a weekend out of it, so I'm going to book the Fairfield Marriot on Ontario St (i think...). The Hard Rock Cafe is on that street, and Michigan Ave. is a block away. Good night life there (important) and it seems that's where good "tourist" stuff is, so it's worth the money.

The rooms are about $150 a night, but it's worth it. I figure I'll save money on taxi rides, plus I have a free night stay at a Fairfeld from my credit card rewards :wink:

Hmmmm....Are there any other hotels on that street besides the Marriot? How far away is it from the United Center? I'm going to be spending every single penny I've got to see U2.. lol

U2Girl1978 said:

Hmmmm....Are there any other hotels on that street besides the Marriot? How far away is it from the United Center? I'm going to be spending every single penny I've got to see U2.. lol

u2girl, I'm sure there are plenty of hotels on the street or in the area. The price range is probably pretty steep though because it's the very popular "downtown" area.

My advice is think of your budget limit on what you want to spend on hotels, and try that amount on priceline in the downtown area. Can't hurt to try, priceline has great deals on hotels and if they dont accept your offer bid, at least u tried.

As for the United Center, I checked on Mapquest and it gave me 3.4 miles betweeen the arena and my hotel. 9 minute drive....not too bad, a taxi wouldnt be too expensive. If you get a hotel in the area, we can split the cab fare. :wink:

The fairfield is about 150 a night, but its a really highly rated hotel, so I think you can find something for about 100 a night. I'll see what I can come up with.

u2girl, for the downtown area, I found a few things on expedia.com:

Essex Inn:
Located: South Michigan Ave.

Landmarks: Sears tower is 1 mile away, Navy Pier is 2 miles, United Center 3.5 miles

Description:
Adjacent to Grant Park, this hotel is five blocks from the Loop business district and Lake Michigan, a half-mile from the Art Institute, and a mile from Loop theaters.

Price: that sat. would be $128, sun and mon is $88.

Congress Plaza Hotel

Located: S Michigan Ave

Lanmarks: Sears Tower 10 blocks, Navy Pier 1.5 miles, United Center 3.2 miles

Description: offers a convenient downtown location across the street from Grant Park and within walking distance to New Millennium Park.

Price: $87 a night (both weekend and weekend, great deal)

____

those are a couple good deals, especially the second one. It's right in the middle of everything. Not a bad rate either, I'm thinking of using my "free stay" at the fairfield for one night , and then just move a few blocks the next day.

Maybe someone who lives in the area can help with better deals, but to me $87 on Michigan Ave is a good deal. I would still check out priceline also.

U2Girl1978 said:

Oh and do you know what hotel the band will be in? ;)

here you go...i posted this earlier somewhere in this thread...

I don't know if they'll be staying at the Four Seasons in Chicago. For Elevation, they stayed at the Park Hyatt. And when Bono was here for the Oprah show, we met him at the Ritz-Carlton. They also stayed at the Ritz for PoPmart. Wherever they are, i'll be there trying to meet them....hopefully

I'm curious....If you reserve a hotel room right now do they charge your credit card right now or when you check in or out of the hotel?

Is The Congress Plaza Hotel near the Hard Rock Cafe?

I got my ticket for Chicago today...WOOT! :wink:

Hard rock is 1.5 miles from the Cong. Plaza Hotel, 4 min. drive.

Expedia charges you at the time you book the hotel.

Last edited:
U2Girl1978 said:
Maybe I should book it through the hotel? Hmmmmm...

might be more expensive if you book directly through the hotel. expedia and priceline are known for their good deals.

RademR said:

might be more expensive if you book directly through the hotel. expedia and priceline are known for their good deals.

Most hotels will match rates you find on expedia, travelocity, etc...

IF i get a ticket for the 9th, i may just add myself to the list, but maybe just go straight from the Hard Rock Cafe to the GA line. i'll bring my guitar, and we can sing U2 songs all day.

Back
Top Bottom