Detroit Rock City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Re: Re: amazed

Miroslava said:

Not unheard of at a U2 show, so no worries.. :)

I did the same thing in Dublin 1... I was feeling like a goof, til I turned around and saw the 4 Spanish guys behind me were doing the same thing

:lmao:

you were in Dublin? I swear 1/2 of Interference was there and we didn't meet up with a single person the whole time we were in Ireland. :(

:yes: I was there for all 3. Ga for the 1st show, seats for the other 2...

I didnt see too many people, just Laura and Erin and a few others...

And yes, we've moved on for the time being... There has not been a venue to date that has kicked off campers, so Detroit better not be the :censored: first one... :angry:

Re: Re: Re: Re: amazed

Miroslava said:

I did the same thing in Dublin 1... I was feeling like a goof, til I turned around and saw the 4 Spanish guys behind me were doing the same thing

:lmao:

Good, so I'll blend right in and no one will notice!

If you kick Miroslava really hard in the shins I'll be the guy diving for her falling ticket....then I'll be there on Monday...lol...

Still working on Monday...officially, Tuesday..

Cmon someone get this poor woman the Conan thingy!!

wait....can you download from somewhere? I'll find it and report back

I would, but I do not have it at home, it's at my parents tivo that does have the DVD recorder, but I probably will not be back there til next week due to the upcoming festivities :hyper:

I could always mail you one after :D

And Gabriel, for all you know I already have a stun gun :shifty: so kicking me in the shins might be a bad idea :shame:

Miroslava said:
:yes: I was there for all 3. Ga for the 1st show, seats for the other 2...

I didnt see too many people, just Laura and Erin and a few others...

And yes, we've moved on for the time being... There has not been a venue to date that has kicked off campers, so Detroit better not be the :censored: first one... :angry:

I'm so confused...I thought there wasn't a place to park which is why we were having a problem staying over night to begin with.

We were just at Dublin 1 & 2 and #2 ruled my world. I need that on video :drool: It was by far the best show of the 8 I've seen so far.

gabrielvox said:
If you kick Miroslava really hard in the shins I'll be the guy diving for her falling ticket....then I'll be there on Monday...lol...

Still working on Monday...officially, Tuesday..

Cmon someone get this poor woman the Conan thingy!!

wait....can you download from somewhere? I'll find it and report back

LOL....you'd be diving to save Miroslava from hitting the ground, not for her ticket....you're not fooling me. Yes, I can download from right where I'm at......

Hey, this means I won't get a chance to actually meet you, well, not this tour anyway......

arw9797 said:

I'm so confused...I thought there wasn't a place to park which is why we were having a problem staying over night to begin with.

We may not be able to park on the venue grounds, so we'd just have to leave our cars somewhere across the big ass road and traverse the entire parking lot. So it'd be a hassle for bathroom break purposes, but certainly not impossible. I think what we're more worried about is the Palace actually removing us from there via security or even the police since I believe they have warned us they are not above thay :angry:

Don't think they would though...

Everyone says Dublin 2 was the better show, but for me Dublin 1 was just OUT OF THIS WORLD :drool:

Oh, and trust me, Gabriel will be at both shows... I know his kind :shifty:

Miroslava said:
I would, but I do not have it at home, it's at my parents tivo that does have the DVD recorder, but I probably will not be back there til next week due to the upcoming festivities :hyper:

I could always mail you one after :D

And Gabriel, for all you know I already have a stun gun :shifty: so kicking me in the shins might be a bad idea :shame:

Hey hook me up on one of those, will ya?

Actually, no, a radar detector, please..

:evil:

(ask me how long it took us to get to NYC hehehe)

I think someone might have talked him into doing Pittsburgh and both Detroit shows

:flirt:

Not that it takes much effort with the likes of us :lmao:

How the hell can you guys afford all of the tickets, travel costs, etc., and get all the time off from work to go to multiple shows???? I'm both amazed and jealous. :crack:

3 weeks paid vacation, have used all but 1 day in U2 :happy:

I usually take one nice vacation a year to exotic lands, this year it just happened to be Ireland and for a shorter time than usual... and well... I just haven't saved as much money as I'd like this year :reject:

I can't afford any of this...and my boss is a major sonofabitch :lol:

update:

Pittsburgh - 1 down, confirmed, solid - 1 to goooooo
Detroit 1 - meh...nothing yet
Detroit 2 - SOLID from along time ago

Dont forget I have to work my magic for two people - can never leave out my right hand man Mark!!!

Bonochick said:
How the hell can you guys afford all of the tickets, travel costs, etc., and get all the time off from work to go to multiple shows???? I'm both amazed and jealous. :crack:

Look at my bosses like this :sad: for the time off, say, "it's just money!" when tickets go on sale, search the net for cheapo airfare and accomodations (have only had to pay for 1 hotel the entire tour!), and know that it'll be worth every penny when the show(s) starts! :hyper:

I know you're probably looking for face, but Goldcoasttickets has Detroit GAs for $115.00 each... Only a 100% mark up! :happy: I think they're even a couple dollars cheaper over the phone...

Bonochick said:

I bought most of my tickets for face value from other fans (for 6 shows I was not able to get tickets from TM). For travel, I've only ever gone w/in driving distance, and for places to stay, it's either the tent or relative b/c I'd never be able to afford hotel rooms. Work is where I get lucky...I'm paid by the hour so if I take time off, it's my problem. That, and I'm indispensible so my boss would never fire me over taking a day off here and there for a concert, hehe.

I wish I could state that all my tickets were face value, but I can't :mad:

I did fairly well legs 1 and 2... not so much for this one :barf:

I got the reminders too!! :hyper:

I'm the dummy

Let's all laugh at the newbie....I paid double in May while laid up after ankle reconstruction surgery......I blame the drugs. Actually my daughter paid.....I just pushed the right buttons...so I guess I gotta damn good deal:rockon:

Miroslava said:
I wish I could state that all my tickets were face value, but I can't :mad:

Yeah, my Chicago ones I got from Gold Coast. Obviously, there weren't a lot of Chicago GAs going for face, either on eBay or from fans. I bought them over the summer b/c I didn't realize that I got a $600 tuition break for a summer course b/c I work for the college. So I paid my mom $500 I borrowed for spring tuition and used the remaining $100, plus other money I thought I'd have to use for tuition, for tickets :D

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I would also like to state that all of my tickets were face value and also that I just got an event reminder from Ticketmaster for the Monday show, haha.
I just got my reminder too!:hyper: :hyper:
It made me laugh out loud, actually, to think I'd need a reminder:laugh:
Miroslava you and bonosloveslave were too funny hijacking the GA gear thread and taking it over to this one!
And I loved the new write-up (and the video!) of your stage experience Miroslava!
Hope to see you mods and others way up at the front of the GA line from my spot way at the back on the 24th (and maybe spot you down on the floor from my perch up high on the 25th)
cheers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom