All Vertigo Eve Postings Here, Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yoshitownsend62

The Fly
Not interested in "Vertigo Eve?"

Hey,

For all San Diego concert goers....

I don't think I want to see a cover band right before the concert. Plus I'll want some sleep before waiting in the GA line all night, and Hard Rock Cafe's event can go until 1 am.

I don't think we'll really get to converse together with a cover band playing. I think I'll be satisfied to see the real U2 twice in a row.

So some of us are meeting at a pub in the Gaslamp district instead. It'll be more "San Diego-ish" than the chain restaurant, overpriced Hard Rock Cafe.

How many out there in Interference world are interested in an alternative to the Hard Rock's Vertigo Eve?

How about flying into Vegas for the weekend, and flying into San Diego Monday afternoon?

That's what I'm doing.

3/27 Gaslamp District in San Diego

There will be an alternate get together for U2 fans who are not going to the Hard Rock Cafe's U2 cover band. It will be in an Irish pub in San Diego's historic Gaslamp district.

Anyone interested blog here so we can get a general count of how many people may or may not show up.

Thanks.

San Diego Tour Opener: The Party Continues!

Ok, I started us a new thread since we were over 500. Let the insanity unroll!!!

I'm coming from Montreal. Staying in the Old Town, which I understnad isn't too far from the GasLamp district. I'm up for it. What's the place like?

Jon

Jon,
You will need to take a taxi to get to the gaslamp district in downtown San Diego. It is definitely not within walking distance. Should be just a 10min ride..

Also, you have to have tix to the Vertigo Eve show. If you go to atu2.com. they posted today that there are 30 spots open not sure if there are any left as of now. But good luck..and hope to see you there!

ok ex-propaganda members, i still have code but got NO email from them today or tonight :sad: i have no idea what will happen in the presale tomorrow. Damn. Well, I'll hope for the best, and if the presale doesn't work out I think the general sale will be ok...but it would be nice for them to honor the commitment they made...

U2Fanatic4ever said:
Jon,
You will need to take a taxi to get to the gaslamp district in downtown San Diego. It is definitely not within walking distance. Should be just a 10min ride..

Also, you have to have tix to the Vertigo Eve show. If you go to atu2.com. they posted today that there are 30 spots open not sure if there are any left as of now. But good luck..and hope to see you there!

TAKE THE TROLLEY. Get on at Old Town and get off at Convention Center. $1.50

We've gotta get groups of people together to maximize a chance of getting ticktes during general sale.

For example, there will be five of us going to stand in line early saturday morning. That way when they pull lottery we'll have a greater chance of getting someone at the front of the line for the actual sale. THEN... whomever ends up at the front of the line will purchase everyone's ticket. (with a max of 8 tix)

This totally worked for the PopMart Tour. Four of us in line and one of us got first dibs. So when the tickets went on sale, we got 6 tickets total all in the 5th row.

I hope I didn't screw up my presale!

I only placed one GA order for DC and got it, but then I placed another for another date and they let me do it!

I hope they don't take my tickets away.

I hope to see some of you guys at the DC shows!

Last edited:
skjuls, glad you got tix. if you were only allotted one pair maybe they let you use it again because you only bought one ticket?

i got GAs for Philly AND Atlanta, so they really came through for Propaganda people. From what I've read in the forums, people are very happy with how things have gone. I think the U2.com presale will go just as well.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

If all works out, I'll see the band 12 times in 7 cities!

ruffian said:
skjuls, glad you got tix. if you were only allotted one pair maybe they let you use it again because you only bought one ticket?

i got GAs for Philly AND Atlanta, so they really came through for Propaganda people. From what I've read in the forums, people are very happy with how things have gone. I think the U2.com presale will go just as well.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

If all works out, I'll see the band 12 times in 7 cities!

Yeah, I went to check to see if they would let me look for tix again and they said the code had been used.

I did it entirely by accident.

I only put down for 1 ticket instead of 2 and meant to go back to the same show and get the other ticket and but I guess I didn't.

Hopefully, it'll be okay. I'm such a worrier at times!

GA baby is a good thing!

I'd be more than happy to help out. I'll be lining up at Ticketmaster early that morning to buy tickets for Dallas, Houston, Cleveland and the second night of Philly. PM me later and let me know 1) which night or both nights, and 2) what price point if there aren't GAs left.

ruffian said:
I'd be more than happy to help out. I'll be lining up at Ticketmaster early that morning to buy tickets for Dallas, Houston, Cleveland and the second night of Philly. PM me later and let me know 1) which night or both nights, and 2) what price point if there aren't GAs left.

I think I'll be ok by friend Halup is going to try and hook me up. He's in LA and had better luck getting Philly and Chicago for me than I did ( I got none!).

I got him tickets for LA, Anaheim.

Update: I called TM about my mishap and they said U2 was watching this presale closely. I said you guys did great because we are happy. The customer rep I talked to was very nice and she even double checked with the supervisor. They said since I wasn't over my ticket limit I should be ok and that the fact that my code still worked for the second transaction I'm ok!

so suddenly i have a GA ticket for both the opener and second night show

i can get a lot cheaper airfare if i go for the second show

but id reallllly like to see the opener

such tough decisions, maybe ill just go to both :hmm:

Chizip said:
so suddenly i have a GA ticket for both the opener and second night show

i can get a lot cheaper airfare if i go for the second show

but id reallllly like to see the opener

such tough decisions, maybe ill just go to both :hmm:

you should absolutely go to both! it's going to be awesome, and really, it's a long flight (aren't you in the midwest? st. louis or something?) so you might as well get your money out of it . C'mon, it'll be fun :)

skjuls said:

I think I'll be ok by friend Halup is going to try and hook me up. He's in LA and had better luck getting Philly and Chicago for me than I did ( I got none!).

I got him tickets for LA, Anaheim.

Update: I called TM about my mishap and they said U2 was watching this presale closely. I said you guys did great because we are happy. The customer rep I talked to was very nice and she even double checked with the supervisor. They said since I wasn't over my ticket limit I should be ok and that the fact that my code still worked for the second transaction I'm ok!

ok, so it sounds like you are set for philly? so don't get you a ticket in the general sale?

Back
Top Bottom