All Vertigo Eve Postings Here, Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ruffian said:
Hi Jon. there is a thread on www.atu2.com in the forum under Fan Gatherings/San Diego--those people are planning a get-together at some Irish bar in the gaslamp district.

Thanks. That just might be the kind of plan we're looking for.

Jon

Check out the San Diego thread over on Fan Gatherings...lots of us are going!

I read some of those threads, and I'm left a little confused:

I wasn't aware you could buy tickets at the door. According to @U2, all the tickets had to be purchased beforehand (from them), and they're now completely sold out.

I just don't want a bunch of Interferencers showing up at the door on the 27th and being disappointed.

-Miggy

Hey all,
Here's what I know about opening nite courtesy of the Event Manager at SD Arena... Not a whole heck of anything.:mad: After leaving her two voice mail messages. Which she probably had no intention of calling me back by the tone in her voice. I got a hold of her today and she basically said she is waiting on word from Clear Channel, that she left several messages with them and 'should hear from them in a couple of days'.....this is what she told me... I explained what happened last time with everyone coming in at once and how people got hurt. And that we are all concerned for everyone's safety and how fans did a numbering system. That people who just arrived prior to the doors opening got in through the back after everyone else had been there all day. That people got trampled due to the mad rush to get in. I explained how other venues did it, one set of doors opening, two lines filling in and no mad dash from other entrances. I told her that we as well as them want this to be run as smoothly as possible. She agreed to this. She told me that she would call me when she hears from them. (yeah, right I am sure I will be calling her) :rolleyes: I explained that I would pass the word to a couple of message boards. That it would be nice if we all knew ahead of time how things were going to be run. I also asked if they were going to do a lottery system she said she didn't know.:huh:

Well, when I know more I will let y'all know...

Last edited:
U2Fanatic4ever said:
Hey all,
Here's what I know about opening nite courtesy of the Event Manager at SD Arena... Not a whole heck of anything.:mad: After leaving her two voice mail messages. Which she probably had no intention of calling me back by the tone in her voice. I got a hold of her today and she basically said she is waiting on word from Clear Channel, that she left several messages with them and 'should hear from them in a couple of days'.....this is what she told me... I explained what happened last time with everyone coming in at once and how people got hurt. And that we are all concerned for everyone's safety and how fans did a numbering system. That people who just arrived prior to the doors opening got in through the back after everyone else had been there all day. That people got trampled due to the mad rush to get in. I explained how other venues did it, one set of doors opening, two lines filling in and no mad dash from other entrances. I told her that we as well as them want this to be run as smoothly as possible. She agreed to this. She told me that she would call me when she hears from them. (yeah, right I am sure I will be calling her) :rolleyes: I explained that I would pass the word to a couple of message boards. That it would be nice if we all knew ahead of time how things were going to be run. I also asked if they were going to do a lottery system she said she didn't know.:huh:

Well, when I know more I will let y'all know...

Thanks for doing this!! :up:

thanks for checking on this, Amy. Sounds like it was hard to get info out of them...you'd think they would want to make it clear up front how things were going to work, esp. since this is the opener...

ok, after all the Hall of Fame pictures (thanks to Kelly :heart:) and celebration, I'm even *more* excited than before, if that is even possible :hyper: I cannot believe 1500 people at the Waldorf got to hear the band do ISHFWILF. wow.

2 weeks from today we'll be getting ready for the SECOND SD gig!!!

Good luck to anyone participating in the next leg of the Prop presale today :)

time for a Road Trip

looks like me & the Mrs. are in for opening night - we are staying at the Bristol Hotel.

i will be there but my friend needs a ticket:wink:

i don't feel like crashing this party for my friend, so if anybody has an extra ticket i would gladly buy it from you now and purchase a cheesburger for u on next tues.:angry::wink:

my email-
diamondbruno9@aol.com
:)

thank u
db9

Back
Top Bottom