My first U2 concert. (2nd San Diego night)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Takasa

Babyface
I just got home from the concert that was on the second San Diego night and all I have to say is wow. I believe that U2 is one of those rare bands that sound as good or better than the studio work. I am totally impressed. I even got to see a couple of Interference members there as well. My brother, Cleasai and I had a blast. I would have to say Gloria and New Years Day were my favorite songs. Hopefully somebody recorded that soundtrack. The lights were fantastic as well. Hope everybody that went the second night had fun as well.

Takasa, glad you had a good time. I'm hearing good things about the second show, there should be a recording out soon for it :wink:

I didn't get any pictures on the second night. My brother, Cleasi, has some of the first night. I will have to check to see if he has any good ones of the second night.

Oh, and I had more than a good time. :D It was a total riot. I can't remember the last time I had that much fun at a concert.

RademR said:
Takasa, glad you had a good time. I'm hearing good things about the second show, there should be a recording out soon for it :wink:

Till now only possitive things..Even Bono called the first night a rehearsel...I am very curious about his voice and the spirit in general which felt not the same as usual.the rest of the band were fine...Let's hope everything is okay and that the second night recording will indicate this...GLORIA...YESSSSSS

RademR said:
was the crowd into it as well? what were u're personal highlights?

Well, since I am a U2 concert noob, I can only give praise to the whole crew. The crowd seemed to be very pumped and sung along during must of thte songs. I don't believe Ali was there, if she was, Bono gave no indication that I could hear.

I say, overall the show seemed to go along without a hitch. But I am sure that the more hardcore people would find some flaws.

I believe the highlight of the night was the crowds respose to hearing Gloria. I was extremely excited to hear that song.

The lighting cues throughtout the concert seemed to flow with thte music and had to issues with clashing with the tone of each song.

So, overall, I have no complaints only high praise for these gentlemen.

Bravo, U2, bravo.

zwervers2 said:

Till now only possitive things..Even Bono called the first night a rehearsel...I am very curious about his voice and the spirit in general which felt not the same as usual.the rest of the band were fine...Let's hope everything is okay and that the second night recording will indicate this...GLORIA...YESSSSSS
by the sounds of what people are saying bono was pretty much back to being bono, playful and interactive with the fans, also heard many say his voice was good

Back
Top Bottom