I met Larry!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
clarityat3am said:
That was May 11 of this year at the [name of hotel removed]. That meeting was all about luck and good timing. :)

ah, very awesome. congrats on that one. i would love to have a pic with the B man. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Last edited by a moderator:
clarityat3am said:
That was May 11 of this year at the [name of hotel removed]. That meeting was all about luck and good timing. :)

Yea if I got there just 5 minutes earlier... GAH!!! :banghead:

And your sig is hilarious clarity! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
LMFAO! Edgette just sent me the link to the pic and I look absolutely ridiculous! :lol: I'll post it here by tomorrow since I need to leave for work. LMFAO @ ME. sheesh.

clarityat3am said:
LMFAO! Edgette just sent me the link to the pic and I look absolutely ridiculous! :lol: I'll post it here by tomorrow since I need to leave for work. LMFAO @ ME. sheesh.

:der: :wink:

:hyper: i cant wait to see it!! :hyper:

I love that everyone shares their stories about meeting the guys in U2, the hows and whys and all that. Please, though, don't post the names of the hotels that the guys stay at out of respective for the privacy of the band members and their families. Thank you.

LMAusten said:
If you hear a repeating thumping sound that is my head hitting the desk for letting my friend drag me into a cab and not staying. Argh!
But congratulations on the picture--it is very cute and greatly deserved for your stick-to-itiveness. Way to go!

That would be me as well, for not stopping after seeing the crowd and going to get food. :banghead:

dsmith2904 said:
I love that everyone shares their stories about meeting the guys in U2, the hows and whys and all that. Please, though, don't post the names of the hotels that the guys stay at out of respective for the privacy of the band members and their families. Thank you.

Oops sorry! Wasn't thinking! :eek:

Very cool! Hey, my friend and I were standing near you in the 91-92 degree sun outside the UC on Wednesday. What an amazing night!

U2bpbear24 said:

..were you the girl with the blonde hair wearing the black tanktop?

No, I was the short, heavy brunette in the tour shirt with the slightly taller but much thinner blond. She was wearing a thin sweater over a tank top I think. I haven't told her yet that Larry made an appearance--I don't want her to feel bad. There's always next time (fingers crossed)! Good picture though! And I had a good time at the concert and earlier in the day hanging with other fans.

LMAusten said:

No, I was the short, heavy brunette in the tour shirt with the slightly taller but much thinner blond. She was wearing a thin sweater over a tank top I think. I haven't told her yet that Larry made an appearance--I don't want her to feel bad. There's always next time (fingers crossed)! Good picture though! And I had a good time at the concert and earlier in the day hanging with other fans.

:( aww too bad you guys didnt stay

hey theres always next tour :wink:

I think I look :crack: :crazy: but I was out in the sun all day and yeah....I look insane. :wink:

344%3A683923232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2327%3D44%3B%3D736%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A%3C7%3A67%3B42ot1lsi

Congrats! I was the bitchy girl right behind you on the sidewalk with the umbrella, remember me? :D Man that sucked waiting for 4 hours in the heat for nothing - but great action shot of B pulling in :up: And an awesome pic of you and Larry! :applaud:

bonosloveslave said:
Congrats! I was the bitchy girl right behind you on the sidewalk with the umbrella, remember me? :D Man that sucked waiting for 4 hours in the heat for nothing - but great action shot of B pulling in :up: And an awesome pic of you and Larry! :applaud:

haha i remember you! you wernt the bitchy one there, trust me :wink:

and thanks :D

I would die! Congrats! So what did he say? Did you guys talk to him.... sigh....

This was probably the most surreal experience of my life. I couldn't even believe that Larry :censored: Mullen Jr. was getting out of the car and walking up to us! When he came to me I said "Hi Larry" and shook his hand then I asked him for a picture with him. I think he said "sure." When we were posing I told him that it was nice to meet him. He said "It's nice to meet you." :cute: I was really nervous around him and afraid to put my arm on him as well. I thought he might get startled and take off, haha. He was really sweet and nice, though. Unlike his reputation.

344%3A6%3C3523232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2355%3D%3C%3B%3B%3D8%3B5%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A%3C43%3A%3B4%3B3ot1lsi

Blonde spiky hair and black tank top was me! But I didn't make the post!
Hey Sara you lucky WOMAN! You guys get into the ellipse (damn..should and stood and waited for you guys to get scanned) right after me! :wave:
I was going to come down there and wait, but the 3 hour drive ahead of me....man. I just couldn't do it. I will now begin to kick myself. Was Larry the only one?

clarityat3am
I was standing by you during the show. I should have come w/you! :sad: :banghead: That dang 3 hour drive.

I hate myself now. No pictures, my license plate isn't signed. :sad:

zoodishbu said:
clarityat3am
I was standing by you during the show. I should have come w/you! :sad: :banghead: That dang 3 hour drive.

I hate myself now. No pictures, my license plate isn't signed. :sad:

i remember you!! i was the one with the brown/red short hair spiked in the back and with the 'loud' friend :wink: haha

i got my pic with larry :reject:

well i hope you get your plate signed in St. Louis! :)

zoodishbu said:
Blonde spiky hair and black tank top was me! But I didn't make the post!
Hey Sara you lucky WOMAN! You guys get into the ellipse (damn..should and stood and waited for you guys to get scanned) right after me! :wave:
I was going to come down there and wait, but the 3 hour drive ahead of me....man. I just couldn't do it. I will now begin to kick myself. Was Larry the only one?

ha, i read the other post first and missed this one... but ya you should hung back in line, i would have tried to get you in the elipse!!! :wink:

yea Larry was the only one.... but it was awesome!!! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom