Autograph signing in Anaheim?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

0danielle0

Babyface
Did any of the band members come out to sign autographs in Anaheim yesterday (4/1)? Thanks in advance for your responses!

Danielle

There's a thread in fan experiences. He did stop, but he was late, and prior to that the "security," which was one Anaheim cop who needed his donut break, told everybody they could leave that all of U2 were in the bldg., which of course they weren't. Don't know about after. Anybody wait after and did they stop?

I think one of you is talking about the afternoon and the other about after the show. I think Bono just drove in and waved before sound check. I don't know about after the show. It did end abruptly as mentioned previously.

Bono pulled up to the guard gate entrance at the arena before soundcheck (about 4:30) but he was running late and only stayed about 30 seconds. He got out of the SUV and smiled and shook a few hands but it was over in a flash.

I got the feeling that John Sampson was a little uncomfortable with a few girls who went a little nutty and started screaching "BONO, BONO, oh my God!!" so he probably would have stayed a little longer if those girls would have played it cool.

Instead of staying behind the barricades, they almost knocked one over and poor Bono was mobbed.

I'll have some pics up in my journal later.

We were hoping that one (or all) of them would come back out after souncheck and we waited around for another 90 minutes or so but as far as I know, they never made it back out.

I don't think they came out after the show either.

I got the feeling that John Sampson was a little uncomfortable with a few girls who went a little nutty and started screaching "BONO, BONO, oh my God!!" so he probably would have stayed a little longer if those girls would have played it cool.

Instead of staying behind the barricades, they almost knocked one over and poor Bono was mobbed.

These teeny bop antics just ruin it for everyone. Everyone should know by now that Bono will come to you.
Same thing happened after the rehearsal except Bono was in the car. He was happy to roll down the window and chat. Then some arse decides to run over to the car with a feckin copy of the irish times. I mean what the fuck does Bono want a copy of a newspaper for. The car sped off right after that.

Yup that's about it. I thought the lights were down a little to long and figured that's what they must have done. Gone before anybody was out of the building. Oh well there's always the next time!!!

Bono's American Wife said:
Bono pulled up to the guard gate entrance at the arena before soundcheck (about 4:30) but he was running late and only stayed about 30 seconds. He got out of the SUV and smiled and shook a few hands but it was over in a flash.

I'll have some pics up in my journal later.

We were hoping that one (or all) of them would come back out after souncheck and we waited around for another 90 minutes or so but as far as I know, they never made it back out.

I don't think they came out after the show either.

Awww man, we just missed him then. My 2 sons wanted to go and see if they could get an autograph, even though we didn't have tix. We walked up the security entrance around 4:50pm. We hung out for a bit, but they asked and they were told that the band was already inside.

BAW......you prolly saw my boys there. They were the incredibly handsome 9 and 7 year old boys who tried to rush security. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom