Will they add a 2nd Cleveland show??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr_Macphisto

War Child
Stupid me, I woke up this morning and was working on my truck all afternoon. At about noon, it suddenly hit me that U2 tickets went on sale in cleveland about 2 hours ago. My parents were going to get them for me as a birthday present, but Cleveland sold out in less than 2 hours. We ended up getting tickets for Detroit 2, but I'm still wondering if they'll add another Cleveland show on December 12th, or maybe go someplace else in the region like Columbus or Indianapolis. I HOPE!!!! Anybody have any clue?

Dr_Macphisto said:
Stupid me, I woke up this morning and was working on my truck all afternoon. At about noon, it suddenly hit me that U2 tickets went on sale in cleveland about 2 hours ago. My parents were going to get them for me as a birthday present, but Cleveland sold out in less than 2 hours. We ended up getting tickets for Detroit 2, but I'm still wondering if they'll add another Cleveland show on December 12th, or maybe go someplace else in the region like Columbus or Indianapolis. I HOPE!!!! Anybody have any clue?

Cleveland isn't sold out yet. Neither is Milwaukee, Buffalo or St. Louis.

Last edited:
I was lucky to get tickets today for the Cleveland show. That stinks they ran out ... that would be cool if they added a Show in Columbus. When I got tickets today , most of the tickets were sold out as soon as Ticketmaster opened. I didn't get GA's but at least I got some tickets.

I'll be praying they add second show so you'll be able to go.

Re: Re: Will they add a 2nd Cleveland show??

NoControl said:

Cleveland isn't sold out yet. Neither is Milwaukee, Buffalo or St. Louis.

Once a concert only has "single" tickets left, it is essentially soldout because the vast majority of people purchase multiple tickets. In addition, ticketmaster will often release small numbers of tickets from time to time in the days and weeks after a show has been soldout.

I've not seen Buffalo on the ticketmaster site, but St. Louis and Detroit primarily only have rear stage tickets available which are always difficult to sell after the first day. The rest of the shows are soldout or only have small numbers of single tickets available. With a 15% increase in the average ticket price after counting for inflation, U2 has soldout its shows at a much faster rate than they did in 2001. Right now, there are only two shows that could be considered "crawling towards a sellout" from what is listed on the ticketmaster page. A different situation from the Elevation tour where there were a lot more shows in the smaller and medium markets that had to crawl towards sellouts. U2 now has 73 shows for North America and only a couple are not soldout. There is still strong demand in many markets for more shows, but its unlikely U2 will add shows there because of the limited amount of time. People in Philly and DC are begging for more shows, in particular in DC where so many people are still locked out of the show and are curious about how other people were able to get tickets.

Re: Re: Re: Will they add a 2nd Cleveland show??

STING2 said:
Once a concert only has "single" tickets left, it is essentially soldout because the vast majority of people purchase multiple tickets. In addition, ticketmaster will often release small numbers of tickets from time to time in the days and weeks after a show has been soldout.

They weren't sold out when I tried. I brought up very good seats. And there's no need to tell me about ticketbastard's practices... I know.

Originally posted by STING2 I've not seen Buffalo on the ticketmaster site, but St. Louis and Detroit primarily only have rear stage tickets available which are always difficult to sell after the first day. The rest of the shows are soldout or only have small numbers of single tickets available. With a 15% increase in the average ticket price after counting for inflation, U2 has soldout its shows at a much faster rate than they did in 2001. Right now, there are only two shows that could be considered "crawling towards a sellout" from what is listed on the ticketmaster page. A different situation from the Elevation tour where there were a lot more shows in the smaller and medium markets that had to crawl towards sellouts. U2 now has 73 shows for North America and only a couple are not soldout. There is still strong demand in many markets for more shows, but its unlikely U2 will add shows there because of the limited amount of time. People in Philly and DC are begging for more shows, in particular in DC where so many people are still locked out of the show and are curious about how other people were able to get tickets.

The following markets (for the one millionth time) only sold or had additional shows added because there are not shows scheduled in markets nearby or relatively nearby:

Toronto - 3rd and 4th shows added because there's no shows in the Prairies (Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba) on the third leg - a region where they can sell up to 65,000 tickets at current prices

Vancouver - 2nd show added because there's no shows in the Prairies (Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba) on the first leg - a region where they can sell up to 65,000 tickets at current prices

Seattle - 2nd show added because there's no show in Portland until the very last week of the tour, 8 months later

Phoenix & San Diego - 2nd shows added because there's no shows so far in Las Vegas, New Mexico and Mexico

Denver - 2nd show added because there's no shows in Kansas City & SLC (until the very last week of the tour, 8 months later)

Detroit - 2nd show added because there's no shows in Columbus, Dayton, Cincinnati or Indianapolis

Philadelphia - 4th show added because there's no shows in North Carolina & Virginia

Atlanta - 2nd show added because there's no shows Alabama, Louisiana & South Carolina

And again, scalpers/brokers today have up to 50% of the house's tickets. It's a total sham.

If you take a look at my predicted 3rd leg schedule I posted a couple of weeks back, it was around 75-80% correct (minus the exact dates). This tour is scheduled brilliantly. U2's making themselves look more popular than they really are in North America.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Will they add a 2nd Cleveland show??

NoControl said:

The following markets (for the one millionth time) only sold or had additional shows added because there are not shows scheduled in markets nearby or relatively nearby:

Toronto - 3rd and 4th shows added because there's no shows in the Prairies (Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba) on the third leg - a region where they can sell up to 65,000 tickets at current prices

Are you out of your mind?

To describe Alberta and Saskatchewan as "nearby or relatively nearby" markets is just ridiculous. How is the Toronto market more "nearby" to Alberta than Vancouver or Seattle or Portland? That's just ridiculous. ETA: yes, you can talk about the third leg, being different than Vancouver's date on the first leg, but that doesn't change the fact there are shows in Portland which are closer to somebody in Calgary than a Toronto show would ever be.

And besides, Toronto would have gotten 4 shows anyway if the tour was not re-arranged, because two were tentatively scheduled on Easter weekend with two more in September. There are no "additional" shows if you look at the original plans.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will they add a 2nd Cleveland show??

anitram said:

Are you out of your mind?

To describe Alberta and Saskatchewan as "nearby or relatively nearby" markets is just ridiculous. How is the Toronto market more "nearby" to Alberta than Vancouver or Seattle or Portland That's just ridiculous. ETA: yes, you can talk about the third leg, being different than Vancouver's date on the first leg, but that doesn't change the fact there are shows in Portland which are closer to somebody in Calgary than a Toronto show would ever be.

Because the Portland, Seattle and Vancouver shows went on sale long before the Toronto shows did. And the Prairie fans were waiting to see if U2 would be playing in their neck of the woods on this tour. And now after the dates have been announced for both North American legs, they're not. So at least 50% of them are going to be travelling to Toronto - that's all U2 would need to fill up additional 2 shows there. It's very simple. Alberta & Manitoba are each larger markets (Alberta especially) compared to BC for U2 btw.

Originally posted by anitram And besides, Toronto would have gotten 4 shows anyway if the tour was not re-arranged, because two were tentatively scheduled on Easter weekend with two more in September. There are no "additional" shows if you look at the original plans.

Toronto would not be getting 4 shows if there were shows in the Prairies.

Like I said, this tour is scheduled very akwardly but brilliantly.

NoControl said:
Atlanta - 2nd show added because there's no shows Alabama, Louisiana & South Carolina

So why don't they always play Atlanta twice? They have never played Alabama and they have only played the other two states on a couple of exceptional occasions.

Axver said:
So why don't they always play Atlanta twice?

Ever since 1987 they've always performed two shows in Atlanta...well apart from the PopMart tour in 1997. And since they played Clemson, SC and New Orleans that same year, there wasn't any need for two Atlanta shows - especially since Pop bombed by U2 standards.

Originally posted by Axver They have never played Alabama and they have only played the other two states on a couple of exceptional occasions.

They've played in Alabama before. In Birmingham at Legion Field to 35,209 people on the Outside Broadcast portion of the ZOO TV tour, on October 7, 1992.

Last edited:

NoControl said:

They weren't sold out when I tried. I brought up very good seats. And there's no need to tell me about ticketbastard's practices... I know.

Vancouver - 2nd show added because there's no shows in the Prairies (Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba) on the first leg - a region where they can sell up to 65,000 tickets at current prices

Seattle - 2nd show added because there's no show in Portland until the very last week of the tour, 8 months later

Phoenix & San Diego - 2nd shows added because there's no shows so far in Las Vegas, New Mexico and Mexico

Denver - 2nd show added because there's no shows in Kansas City & SLC (until the very last week of the tour, 8 months later)

Detroit - 2nd show added because there's no shows in Columbus, Dayton, Cincinnati or Indianapolis

Philadelphia - 4th show added because there's no shows in North Carolina & Virginia

And again, scalpers/brokers today have up to 50% of the house's tickets. It's a total sham.

If you take a look at my predicted 3rd leg schedule I posted a couple of weeks back, it was around 75-80% correct (minus the exact dates). This tour is scheduled brilliantly. U2's making themselves look more popular than they really are in North America.

Toronto- like any other market, its not going to be impacted by markets that are MORE than 3 to 4 hours driving distance from it. Yes, there are always fans from all over who come to various shows, but they are small in number. Your average fan is not going to spend $200 plus beyond the price of the tickets themselves to see the band, not to mention taking off work and other things to see the band in another city that far away.

Vancouver- the band have soldout two shows here on the demand in that market. Whether shows take place in Alberta at some point is irrelevant to this market that is 10 hours driving distance from Calgary and Edmonton.

Seattle- Once again, two shows soldout in minutes here because the level of demand in this market. Its true that Portland is not till the third leg, but tickets for ALL these Northwest shows went on sale within days and weeks of each other and soldout in minutes. To the degree that some markets are actually close enough to impact each other, its more important to look at when tickets went on sale for each market, rather than which particular leg the show takes place. There are still people locked out of these shows in the Northwest and not everyone wants to pay scalper prices are risk buying tickets from scalpers which could actually be fakes.

Phoenix and San Diego - 2nd shows added because of the level of demand in these markets. All four shows here soldout in minutes. New Mexico and Mexico have no impact on these markets. U2 did not play New Mexico or Mexico on the Elevation tour. Las Vegas is far enough from these markets and will have to sell based on the demand there.

Denver- 2nd show added because the first one soldout in minutes. The second show then soldout in minutes as well. St. Louis and and Kansas City are each 8 hours or more driving distance away. To far for enough people to travel from those area's in numbers that would impact the show. St. Louis just went on sale only a few weeks after the two Denver shows and it is selling better than the Elevation show there at a higher ticket price.

Detroit- second show added and nearly soldout hours after going on sale. There are several markets to the south which are 3 to 5 hours away that may get a few shows as well before the end of this tour.

Philadelphia- 3rd and 4th shows were added and went on sale at the same time, because U2 had their fastest sellouts ever in Philly for the first two shows. Despite four shows in Philly, there are still fans without tickets in this market. U2 is playing Washington DC which many would consider to be Virginia or Maryland depending on who you talk to. Both DC shows went on sale at the same time and soldout in minutes. Friends from DC were amazed that anyone got tickets and are searching for them. North Carolina has NO impact on either the DC or Philly markets. Its true that both DC and Philly to some degree impact each other as the two markets are only two hours from each other, but the impact is here is limited and an artist that could only sellout one or two shows in each city would not be able to sellout 2 or 4 shows in one city by not playing the other. There is an impact, but its not that large. Anyways, I may do a survey of the people in the GA line to see where their coming from and we'll see how many people are actually coming from North Carolina or any place else thats more than three hours away. I'd estimate at most you may get a couple of dozen people from North Carolina at any single Philly show, not anywhere nearly enough to impact the market there.

Atlanta- second show added and soldout in minutes. This was not the case on Elevation where the second show crawled to a reduced capacity sellout. The Elevation tour did not play South Carolina, Alabama or Louisiana on Elevation either. No matter how you compare it there is more demand in Atlanta on the Vertigo tour than there was on Elevation and the same holds true for the entire Vertigo tour!

Every artist who goes on tour had to deal with scalpers/brokers in 2001 and 2005 is no different. Scalpers and brokers go after the shows where the demand is greater. Whatever rise in their activity in regards to U2 shows since 2001 is simply another example of the increasing popularity of U2 in North America since 2001.

Everyone new in general how the tour was going to be scheduled, and that there would be somewhere around 80 shows played across North America. There are currently 73 shows planned, and its likely more will be added. The band will likely play to more than 1.4 million people accross North America, NOT 1.1 to 1.2 million people. Of the 73 shows planned so far, 66 shows have completely soldout or will be once they go on sale. 4 only have single seats remaining which is essentially a sellout, and 3 only have behind the stage seating available. All of this taking place in just the past few weeks and the tour has not even started. A huge contrast from the Elevation tour and a sign of the heavy demand to see U2 across North America despite tickets costing an average of 100 dollars a ticket. The band could play stadiums at 100 dollars a ticket and have the same level of attendance as they did on POPMART or greater in North America. But if they cut the average price to 60 dollars, they could play stadiums with ZOO TV levels of attendance or greater in North America.

The band will indeed pass 300 million dollars in GROSS this year for all the dates played in North America and Europe. It will mark the first time and artist has ever GROSSED this much in the January to December time frame of a single year.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will they add a 2nd Cleveland show??

NoControl said:

Because the Portland, Seattle and Vancouver shows went on sale long before the Toronto shows did. And the Prairie fans were waiting to see if U2 would be playing in their neck of the woods on this tour. And now after the dates have been announced for both North American legs, they're not. So at least 50% of them are going to be travelling to Toronto - that's all U2 would need to fill up additional 2 shows there. It's very simple. Alberta & Manitoba are each larger markets (Alberta especially) compared to BC for U2 btw.

Toronto would not be getting 4 shows if there were shows in the Prairies.

Like I said, this tour is scheduled very akwardly but brilliantly.

The Portland show went on sale the SAME DAY as the Toronto shows! The Seattle and Vancouver shows went on sale only a few weeks ago. There are definitely not 20,000 or 30,000 fans from Alberta traveling and spending the night in Toronto paying a combined $400+ each to just to see the band in Toronto. Driving, it would take 37 hours, flying would take nearly 4 hours and cost nearly $500 dollars a ticket based a quick check of ticket prices. All four Toronto shows combined are going to have no more than 1 to 2 thousand people from Alberta and probably a lot less.

The only reason U2 may not be playing Alberta is simply a matter of limited time do to the length of the tour and the schedualing needs of other markets.

STING2 said:
Toronto- like any other market, its not going to be impacted by markets that are MORE than 3 to 4 hours driving distance from it.

First you say there's no impact within 3 hours driving distance, now it's 3 or 4.

Originally posted by STING2 Yes, there are always fans from all over who come to various shows, but they are small in number. Your average fan is not going to spend $200 plus beyond the price of the tickets themselves to see the band, not to mention taking off work and other things to see the band in another city that far away.

The third and fouth Toronto shows are on a weekend. It's no coincidence that they were scheduled that way. And the Prairie fans didn't know for sure that they'd be playing there. Also, people have something called savings, you know?

Originally posted by STING2 Vancouver- the band have soldout two shows here on the demand in that market. Whether shows take place in Alberta at some point is irrelevant to this market that is 10 hours driving distance from Calgary and Edmonton.

Incorrect. Alberta is a larger market than BC period and there are thousand's travelling here. My g/f is housing 10 U2 fans alone for the shows and she's had dozens of more offers! Roughly 1/3 of Alberta's attendance will be here in late April.

Originally posted by STING2 Seattle- Once again, two shows soldout in minutes here because the level of demand in this market. Its true that Portland is not till the third leg, but tickets for ALL these Northwest shows went on sale within days and weeks of each other and soldout in minutes.

There isn't demand for more than one Seattle area show in their own area. Portland proves that.

Originally posted by STING2 To the degree that some markets are actually close enough to impact each other, its more important to look at when tickets went on sale for each market, rather than which particular leg the show takes place.

Well, I'm glad you're actually admitting something.

Originally posted by STING2 Phoenix and San Diego - 2nd shows added because of the level of demand in these markets. All four shows here soldout in minutes. New Mexico and Mexico have no impact on these markets. U2 did not play New Mexico or Mexico on the Elevation tour. Las Vegas is far enough from these markets and will have to sell based on the demand there.

Yes they do have an impact. U2 played Austin, TX on the Elevation tour and hence sustained a large portion of the New Mexico audience, who would travel to Austin. And Mexico is a hugh market for U2. They sold nearly 108,000 tickets in Mexico City in 1997. Also, Las Vegas is not that far from San Diego and Phoenix. LOL

Originally posted by STING2 Denver- 2nd show added because the first one soldout in minutes. The second show then soldout in minutes as well.

You weren't even sure that there would be a second show there. I was. I wonder why that is? And why do you keep referring to how fast a show sold out? That has no effect on fans from out of town purchasing tickets at the time they go on sale whatsoever.

Originally posted by STING2 St. Louis and and Kansas City are each 8 hours or more driving distance away. To far for enough people to travel from those area's in numbers that would impact the show.

So what? People travel distances of all kinds all the time.

Originally posted by STING2 St. Louis just went on sale only a few weeks after the two Denver shows and it is selling better than the Elevation show there at a higher ticket price.

That's because there's no show in Kansas City on leg 3.

Originally posted by STING2 Detroit- second show added and nearly soldout hours after going on sale. There are several markets to the south which are 3 to 5 hours away that may get a few shows as well before the end of this tour.

Really? Which markets? Come on, predict something.

Originally posted by STING2 Philadelphia- 3rd and 4th shows were added and went on sale at the same time, because U2 had their fastest sellouts ever in Philly for the first two shows. Despite four shows in Philly, there are still fans without tickets in this market. U2 is playing Washington DC which many would consider to be Virginia or Maryland depending on who you talk to. Both DC shows went on sale at the same time and soldout in minutes. Friends from DC were amazed that anyone got tickets and are searching for them.

Again, why do you keep referring to how fast shows sellout as having an impact on out of towners purchasing tickets at the time they go on sale? And I'm talking about the Norfolk/Hampton area.

Originally posted by STING2 North Carolina has NO impact on either the DC or Philly markets. Its true that both DC and Philly to some degree impact each other as the two markets are only two hours from each other, but the impact is here is limited and an artist that could only sellout one or two shows in each city would not be able to sellout 2 or 4 shows in one city by not playing the other. There is an impact, but its not that large. Anyways, I may do a survey of the people in the GA line to see where their coming from and we'll see how many people are actually coming from North Carolina or any place else thats more than three hours away. I'd estimate at most you may get a couple of dozen people from North Carolina at any single Philly show, not anywhere nearly enough to impact the market there.

Only a couple of dozen fans from NC travelling to Philly? And North Carolina having no impact on Philly? ROTFLMFAO U2 could pull at least 15,000 people each in Raleigh and Charlotte at today's prices. The vast majority of them are not going to sit on their asses while U2 plays somewhere else.

Originally posted by STING2 Atlanta- second show added and soldout in minutes. This was not the case on Elevation where the second show crawled to a reduced capacity sellout. The Elevation tour did not play South Carolina, Alabama or Louisiana on Elevation either. No matter how you compare it there is more demand in Atlanta on the Vertigo tour than there was on Elevation and the same holds true for the entire Vertigo tour!

Because North Carolina had a show in Charlotte the same week. And the reason why the second Atlanta show in 2001 didn't sellout, was because of ticket prices and that it was a return engagement.

Originally posted by STING2 Every artist who goes on tour had to deal with scalpers/brokers in 2001 and 2005 is no different. Scalpers and brokers go after the shows where the demand is greater. Whatever rise in their activity in regards to U2 shows since 2001 is simply another example of the increasing popularity of U2 in North America since 2001.

There's no increase in demand in the US this year, apart from NY. This album is just about finished. It definitely will not outsell AYCLB.

Originally posted by STING2 Everyone new in general how the tour was going to be scheduled

No they didn't, including you. When the tentative schedule popped up online in January, you said you didn't believe it. I said I mostly did. And look at what happened, it turned out to be mostly right...

Originally posted by STING2 There are currently 73 shows planned, and its likely more will be added. The band will likely play to more than 1.4 million people accross North America, NOT 1.1 to 1.2 million people.

Since they are scheduling a few more shows than I thought on the third leg, U2 will sell 1.3 Million tickets, not the 1.2 Million like I said earlier. And they'll play to less than 1.1 Million people on this continent this year. It will be their lowest attended North American tour since 1985.

Originally posted by STING2 A huge contrast from the Elevation tour and a sign of the heavy demand to see U2 across North America despite tickets costing an average of 100 dollars a ticket. The band could play stadiums at 100 dollars a ticket and have the same level of attendance as they did on POPMART or greater in North America. But if they cut the average price to 60 dollars, they could play stadiums with ZOO TV levels of attendance or greater in North America.

LOL That's the most delusional thing you've ever said. If that was true, then they wouldn't be doing another arena tour in North America. Thanks for the laughs! This is why I keep coming back here!

Originally posted by STING2 The band will indeed pass 300 million dollars in GROSS this year for all the dates played in North America and Europe. It will mark the first time and artist has ever GROSSED this much in the January to December time frame of a single year.

The Rolling Stones will easily surpass that when they hit the road in the Fall. And when (or if) Pink Floyd tour again, if they played the same markets they did on the Division Bell tour, plus South America, Australia, New Zealand and Japan, they'd gross at least $500 Million - since they definitely would be able to sustain their attendance from that tour at an average of at least $60-70 plus their growth rate in each market.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will they add a 2nd Cleveland show??

STING2 said:
The Portland show went on sale the SAME DAY as the Toronto shows!

No they didn't. Portland went on sale last weekend. Toronto did this weekend.

Originally posted by STING2 The Seattle and Vancouver shows went on sale only a few weeks ago.

Two months ago. And again, so what?

Originally posted by STING2 There are definitely not 20,000 or 30,000 fans from Alberta traveling and spending the night in Toronto paying a combined $400+ each to just to see the band in Toronto. Driving, it would take 37 hours, flying would take nearly 4 hours and cost nearly $500 dollars a ticket based a quick check of ticket prices. All four Toronto shows combined are going to have no more than 1 to 2 thousand people from Alberta and probably a lot less.

No. People have something called savings. And 50% of the Toronto attendace will be from the Prairies.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will they add a 2nd Cleveland show??

NoControl said:

No. People have something called savings. And 50% of the Toronto attendace will be from the Prairies.

You know, I will be tempted to go and do a poll the day of outside the ACC.

Because this is deluded. That we'll have about 35 THOUSAND people in Toronto from the prairies for the shows? Deluded, sorry.

I'd love to know what flights they'll all be arriving on too, en masse.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will they add a 2nd Cleveland show??

anitram said:
You know, I will be tempted to go and do a poll the day of outside the ACC.

Because this is deluded. That we'll have about 35 THOUSAND people in Toronto from the prairies for the shows? Deluded, sorry.

I'd love to know what flights they'll all be arriving on too, en masse.

Why deluded?

This kind of situation happens all the time. Pink Floyd's The Wall shows for example in 1980-81. Or the SARS benefit show that was attended by 496,000+ people, that were not all from TO. Or Pink Floyd's two shows at BC Place Stadium here in 1994, where 30% of the 104,000 tickets that were sold went on sale in Washington State, Oregon and Idaho, etc., etc., etc.

The SARS show had a huge number of tickets on sale only to Americans via American TM, which Canadians had absolutely no access to.

The SARS benefit was DESIGNED for tourism! How can you possibly compare this to a scheduled U2 performance in one of many dozen international cities?

You said that 50% of the tickets will be sold to people in the Prairies. 50%! So how many will be sold to people in Buffalo, or Detroit who want to catch more shows or were unable to get tickets in those cities? How many will be sold to people from the Maritimes or people from other parts of Ontario? How many thousands?

What, are we gonna have 4 people from Toronto at the shows?

There is no point arguing with you about this because you threw out a number you can not in any way prove will be either reasonable or accurate. It's no more than a fart in the wind.

anitram said:
The SARS show had a huge number of tickets on sale only to Americans via American TM, which Canadians had absolutely no access to.

The SARS benefit was DESIGNED for tourism! How can you possibly compare this to a scheduled U2 performance in one of many dozen international cities?

So what? It proves that people travelled far distances to attend a concert. Does it not? And I don't see your explaination of Floyd's shows I mentioned...

Originally posted by anitram You said that 50% of the tickets will be sold to people in the Prairies. 50%! So how many will be sold to people in Buffalo, or Detroit who want to catch more shows or were unable to get tickets in those cities? How many will be sold to people from the Maritimes or people from other parts of Ontario? How many thousands?

For Detroit: there's already 2 shows there. And the second is the result of no shows in most of Ohio and nothing in Indiana.

For Buffalo: there's already a show there. And it's not sold out yet and hence a weak market for U2. So there won't be many heading up to TO.

As for the Maritimes: their population is quite small. And hence there wouldn't be many fans for this region travelling to Ontario.

Originally posted by anitram What, are we gonna have 4 people from Toronto at the shows?

No. There will be 35-40,000 people from TO at the shows. With 5-10% of the TO and Prairie audience attending multiple shows.

Originally posted by anitram There is no point arguing with you about this because you threw out a number you can not in any way prove will be either reasonable or accurate. It's no more than a fart in the wind.

Well, why not, as I've shown you it's happened many times before? You just don't want to believe I'm right.

You have not shown a single time where it's happened that 50% of tickets in one city were sold to an audience about 4 hours flying time away.

anitram said:
You have not shown a single time where it's happened that 50% of tickets in one city were sold to an audience about 4 hours flying time away.

The SARS Benefit Concert. Woodstock. Woodstock II. Woodstock III. Annual Summer festivals in Europe., etc., etc., etc.

blah blahblah blah nobody gives a fuck

....so I take it that this thread has been hijacked by NoControl and his evil nemesis STING2 in an attempt to seem like they know more about U2's concert business than the other one. You both might have good points, you both have some stupid points, but both of you are just unwilling to admit that U2's popularity has increased. HTDAAB is not selling as well as ATYCLB, but the band as a whole 25 year mass is more popular than before.

They could sell out another Ohio show. I live here, I know.

Dr_Macphisto said:
blah blahblah blah nobody gives a fuck

Originally posted by Dr_Macphisto You both might have good points, you both have some stupid points, but both of you are just unwilling to admit that U2's popularity has increased. HTDAAB is not selling as well as ATYCLB, but the band as a whole 25 year mass is more popular than before.

Originally posted by Dr_Macphisto They could sell out another Ohio show. I live here, I know.

Do you know what the word contradiction means by chance?

Back
Top Bottom