St. Louis 12/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heres hoping the GA line doesnt start til after 8! We are driving in from Madison, WI and are already leaving at 4am to get in line at a good time. I want a little sleep the night before!

redkat said:
I just emailed them too. I'll let you know if they respond ;)

Well...they responded :sad:

For all General Admission concerts guests must enter via our 14th St. Entrance. Guests may begin lining up 24-hours prior to the concert start time. We have an event the night before and will put out the signs and barricades at approximately 7:30 p.m. All guests will recieve a wristband that will give them access to the event floor during the concert after passing through a security checkpoint and having their event ticket scanned. The Savvis Center does not issue line tickets for any General Admission event regardless of weather. We thank you for your suggestion, and will consider for future events, however we have informed hundreds of guest since the U2 event went on sale of our policy and it would be unfair to change it now.

Sincerely,
Jessica Reid
Guest Service Manager

i got that exact same email. hooray for form letters :happy:

i'm not thrilled that they're opening the line the night before. i'm sure as hell not freezing my ass off for 24 hours.

I roughed it out on Elevation in the sleet...it sucked but I'm ready this time around! If I remember correctly...they did start to issue wristbands while we were waiting in line and I think we got to go in a "little" earlier than original door time but not much.
I can't wait! A day to freeze my ass off! Whew hew! :huh:

It sucks that there will not be any line tickets. I'm not to fond of cold weather. Oh Well. i guess I'll just have to bundle up and tough it out.

What time is everyone going? I'm driving up that day, I was hoping to be there around 10-11a.m. That's not too late is it?

It looks like Lies (LivLuvandBootlegMusic) and I have decided to trek out to St. Louis, most likely without tickets in hand - probably will end up needing to wait for the box office drop. We are wondering if there are any kind souls who might be willing to share their showering facilities at some point during the day? We'll bring our own towels...

bonosloveslave said:
It looks like Lies (LivLuvandBootlegMusic) and I have decided to trek out to St. Louis, most likely without tickets in hand - probably will end up needing to wait for the box office drop. We are wondering if there are any kind souls who might be willing to share their showering facilities at some point during the day? We'll bring our own towels...

OMG I am so jealous! Have a great time! :)

i just checked the weather forcast and the high for wednesday is 41 degrees. that's not bad. but there's also a 60-80% chance of rain. :|

GA Line

I just wanted to check and see if all venues create 2 GA lines (one regular and one fan club).

I know they did in Chicago when I saw them in the Spring. I had a final that day, and got to the United Center about 4pm, and was about 30th in the fan club line. I would have been nearly 300 people back in the regular line.

I'm hoping they'll have 2 GA lines in St. Louis tomorrow, because I have another final tomorrow and won't get to the center until about 5 or 5:30.

Also, if they move the line inside (which I don't think they will), do they still keep 2 GA lines?

Any wisdom would be appreciated.

Hey, if anyone comes across a GA ticket or two for sale from a fan in line, tell them to HOLD IT until Beth and I arrive. We will pay cash up to $100 per ticket.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Hey, if anyone comes across a GA ticket or two for sale from a fan in line, tell them to HOLD IT until Beth and I arrive. We will pay cash up to $100 per ticket.

I just read this, and one of my livejournal friends is selling 2 GA tickets. At least I think she's still selling them. i'll pm you with info.

Last edited:
u2radioheadgrrl said:

I just read this, and one of my livejournal friends is selling 2 GA tickets. At least I think she's still selling them. i'll pm you with info.

Thanks I've actually been e-mailing her. She sold two and has two more she will sell me if she feels too sick.

St. Louis GA Line

Have you all noticed that the GA line has moved much quicker at all locations.

Like I said, in Chicago I got right in, even after showing up only about an hour before the doors opened. If I was in the regular line, it would have time 4 times as long to get in.

I almost felt a bit guilty, and is one of the reasons why I don't think the lottery is the best way to go. I got scanned in in Chicago, and waited in line half an hour, while some fans had been there all day.

However, finals preclude me from getting there early, so I'll be showing up like I did in Chicago.

Some of my friends are going to get in the regular line about noon. I don't know line etiquette, but can/should they hold a spot for me and my buddy?

Thanks for the advice!

Just a little FYI about MetroLink:

For those planning on taking MetroLink to and from the U2 concert tomorrow night, it will be running until everyone leaves the concert. I just called to find out.

Yeah, I'm a little too excited about the concert!

Re: St. Louis GA Line

bschwarb said:

However, finals preclude me from getting there early, so I'll be showing up like I did in Chicago.

Some of my friends are going to get in the regular line about noon. I don't know line etiquette, but can/should they hold a spot for me and my buddy?

Probably not. It's not really kosher to save spots just b/c one or two people had other committments. Pretty much everyone in line has committments to work around (finals and work for me). It depends on the people around you, but I wouldn't count on it.

HEY - GA people...if you like Miracle Drug...make a sign that says Miracle Drug. I really want to hear it played in St. Louis and since they haven't done it in a while, I'm getting sad. I want Miracle Drug badly! Help me out GAers:)

Heading out the door for the long drive ....
through the sleet and driving snow, across the fields of mourning, to a light that's in the distance... ST. LOUIS! :applaud:
OK, maybe not snow, and hopefully minimal rain. I'm psyched, and I think my pupils are dilated.
See you guys in line, hopefully after the rain has blown through!

My history with U2 shows and bad weather/GA lines would indicate a monumental performance! :yes: :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom