MERGED --> Las Vegas + Las Vegas? + Vegas Baby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was really picky and rejected a bunch of uppers. I'm at that point with U2 (and just about everybody) where I want good seats or no seats. I can't justify paying $180 for anything other than lowers close to the stage. If it were the only show I was going to see, I'd do it. But I've got GA's for 2 other shows so I can't see spending all that money to sit far away. We'll see what happens if they add a 2nd show.

I did, however, score an unbelievably fantastic seat for Springsteen in Denver. I don't know how the fuck that happened. I even plugged in the wrong seat request, or a seat request I hadn't intended to put in rather, and scored.

wolfwill23 said:
My Vegas tix story.

10:22AM. Announcement, 'Show is sold out. Goodbye.'

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

11:10AM. Come home and watch for Sat show.

Wolfwill23,

In case you're looking for $52 tixs but that are NOT together, let me know... I can sell them to you for face value.

Christ, five out of six times that I check, it says the show is finally sold out, and then the sixth one pulls up the second-level seats. Every time. I think even if it does sell out in the next 15 minutes, the Saturday show won't be released.

joyfulgirl, I hear you. I had a pair of L6 that I threw out because I couldn't justify spending US$393 on those, especially with the Canadian dollar where it is!

Wonderwoman638 said:

Wolfwill23,

In case you're looking for $52 tixs but that are NOT together, let me know... I can sell them to you for face value.

thanks. Kind of want them together, so I'll let you know. that's really cool though.

melsbud said:

joyfulgirl, I hear you. I had a pair of L6 that I threw out because I couldn't justify spending US$393 on those, especially with the Canadian dollar where it is!

I threw back a bunch from the L sections across from the stage. I just sat directly across from the stage for the opening show and I didn't like it.

I just came across the LV General Sale thread on the "Gen Tour Discussion" page - looks like a lot of people are holding out for another announcement next week. And, no surprise, none of the MGM CSRs knew what the hell they were talking about. Even something basic like "two shows or one"? I mean, is it brain surgery? They've got the freakin' page right in front of them!

ETA - Nope, not sold out yet. :mad:

Last edited:
I think it's sold out, but I don't think a 2nd show will be announced today anyway. I don't know how ticketbastard works but I imagine it's automated so if there aren't any tickets available within a certain time limit, (say 30 minutes after the sale starts) they just don't bother to release. I could be wrong though.

wolfwill23 said:
My Vegas tix story.

5:00AM. Drug my wife out of bed, went to MGM.

6:07AM. Got two wrist bands, 0456 & 0457.

7:00AM to 8:30AM. Had breakfast at the Egg & I on Sahara.

9:15AM. Watched them draw the lottery number. It was 700-something. Considering there were wristbands given out from 0410 to 0850, that meant that we were about 90-100 back.

9:15AM to 10:00AM. Tried to decide who scared me more, weirdo U2 fans or borderline homeless, shower lacking scalpers.

10:00AM. Tix go on sale.

10:07AM. Announcement, 'GA is sold out.'

10:10AM. Move closer to the door.

10:20AM. Move closer to the door. About five people in front of us.

10:22AM. Announcement, 'Show is sold out. Goodbye.'

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

11:10AM. Come home and watch for Sat show.

I hear you...:sad:

Re: Vegas Baby!!!

Princess said:
Anyone else planning to go? It's gonna be one hell of a party!! I'm so excited already...I havent been there in like 2 months. lol.

I'm going!

It's my 21st birthday present! I saw them on 4/6 in LA and had to see them again - so I'm making a weekend of it and I'm going to have some fun!

So excited! :)

joyfulgirl said:
I can't justify paying $180 for anything other than lowers close to the stage. If it were the only show I was going to see, I'd do it.

Yeah, my first show was a few days ago and I had 180 dollar seats at Staples (lower levels, rght across from the stage), which were awesome... I ended up with second level seats for this show - but I took them because while I'd love to sit closer - I just had to see them one more time... Who knows if I'll get to see them again!

I did, however, refuse to pay another 183 dollars for a seat... I got the $99 ones... I'm fine with that - I'm in the building and I'm not behind the stage.

Although, at the end of it all, I'll have seen them twice - so I guess paying what I did doesn't bother me. For fans who have seen them many times before, and have multiple tickets to multiple shows, I guess I can understand why people are hesitant about getting them. I just haven't seen them enough, I suppose, so I took what I could get (I'm justifying it as my birthday present!)...

(Not sure what thepoint of my response was...)

I am really sorry to hear that about going in person and doing all that and then being told it's sold out. That's awful, and I know exactly what it's like because it happened to me for the So CA U2 shows.

The hotel says they haven't signed a contract for Sat. nite "yet." Whereas U2.com told us already they are playing the 4th and the 5th. I can't believe I got tickets for Fri. at $189 a tkt, in Section L16 yet, I think it's the ticket fairy taking pity for getting absolutely no tickets to any other U2 shows. No GAs whatsoever available, they said they sold them to the people in person (is that so?). Do we have to keep calling the hotel for when Sat. goes on sale?

The MGM tkt people said it is sold out. I can't believe they aren't putting up Nov. 5 today. Making everybody go through this all over again is cruel Bono.

sorry, that is $189.75 a tkt altogether. I think U2 should throw in a personally autographed photo with every tkt for that price, and maybe dinner after the show with Adam.

Did you guys notice that TM kicked off anybody who was "camped" out on the webpage prior to 10 am?

Yes! That sucked, and it doesn't stop any of the brokers having all the best seats they want, as usual. I was also getting tickets to some other shows, which came up terrible, but you go to the broker sites and Ebay, and they had no problem getting the best seats. And some of them have 16!!! tkts in the same third row.

Last edited:
nevermind, I was looking at Alan Jackson tickets by accident.

If you go to the MGM web site, Grand Garden Arena, click on tickets for U2, it takes you to Alan Jackson's TM.

Last edited:
acrobat73 said:
Doubtful. It would still appear on TM. Did you guys notice that TM kicked off anybody who was "camped" out on the webpage prior to 10 am? This probably killed the automated programs. I had to relaunch browser.

Yes! That was horrible. I was on at 7:00 to make sure I didn't get kicked off. After I did get booted I ditched the ticketmaster system and successfully bought from the venue. But I was lucky, I would be sick for weeks if I got kicked off and didn't get tickets. Lame.

i am SO glad i decided not to participate in any kind of box office camp out.

i simply called the box office directly and got seats.

it was effortless, really.

bonosgirl84 said:
i am SO glad i decided not to participate in any kind of box office camp out.

i simply called the box office directly and got seats.

it was effortless, really.

Hehe, yeah. Boom! we're smart.

I don't know why they just didn't add the Saturday show right away so people would have more to choose from.

Having only one show go on sale at a time actually hurts chances (me thinks) of fans getting tickets and increases chances of "others" getting them.

Anyway, I was lucky and got tickets for Friday night. Like most I'm sure, Saturday would be better for me, but what are you going to do?

martha said:

:mad:

Shit. I will be on my way from Phoenix to Las Vegas at that time on that day.

That blows for me, too. And since I didn't get tickets today I guess no Vegas for me. Unless I try the phone....:hmm:

Im mostly happy to see there possibly wont be a pre-sale for this date..... which means FINALLY we all have a shot at those GA's.

but unfortunatly.. its Vegas.. and most likely 60% of the seats are spoken for already :sad:

i guess its not meant for me to experience this tour from the GA section :(

Back
Top Bottom