Houston Date

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mofo

Refugee
Does anyone know why the Houston date in ticketmaster has dissappeard?

Will the general sale be a different date or has it been cancelled?:|

Sorry didn't see the other post, but that date is still happening?, and does anyone know when will the general sale will be?

go to the presale info, and it's gone. i just saw that it is listed in the concert dates section, just not on the presale page. maybe they moved the general sale back a week?

I'm sure it's just a clich, since for whatever reason the general onsale date never appeared on the ticketmaster page. Since the u2.com presale page is just a mirror image of what's on ticketmaster it's also disappeared from the u2.com presale page. They're probably just correcting the page.

I just received that periodic email that u2.com sends out and they still list the Houston show as going on sale:

From the email:

Concerts On Sale This Weekend and following

Sep. 20 Chicago, United Center
Sep. 21 Chicago, United Center
Oct. 03 Boston, Fleet Center
Oct. 04 Boston, Fleet Center
Oct. 07 New York, Madison Square Garden
Oct. 08 New York, Madison Square Garden
Oct. 10 New York, Madison Square Garden
Oct. 16 Philadelphia, Wachovia Center
Oct. 17 Philadelphia, Wachovia Center
Oct. 19 Washington, DC MCI Center
Oct. 20 Washington, DC MCI Center
Oct. 24 Detroit, Palace of Auburn Hills
Oct. 28 Houston, Toyota Center
Oct. 29 Dallas, American Airlines Center
Nov. 01 Los Angeles, Staples Center
Nov. 02 Los Angeles, Staples Center
Nov. 16 Tampa, St. Pete Times Forum
Nov. 18 Atlanta, Philips Arena
Dec. 19 Portland, Rose Garden

Yep. I'm confused too. Actually, I'm the one who started the other thread about this. I got 2 tix for Houston in the Prop presale earlier this week. I need 2 more, and I'm hoping to get them in the general sale. However, I didn't know when the general sale for Houston would begin. I thought it was tomorrow, but when it disappeared from the list on U2.com and Ticketmaster...it got my attention. I guess I'll just be ready at 10 am tomorrow and see what happens.

Are you gonna buy the tickets in the general sale with the same credit card? if I already got two GA's all I can buy are reserved seats right?

EPandAmerica said:
http://www.houstontoyotacenter.com/events/event_190.php

You have to buy them through the venue. Tomorrow at 10 am.

With only a few hours to go before the sale, I guess you must be right (since the link for Houston tickets has disappeared and never returned to the U2.com link or the Ticketmaster site). Your above link to the ToyotaCenter venue seems to be the only way in at this point.

So, why is this Houston show the only U2 show in the entire world where the tickets are being handled this way?? What could the reason be? What's going on here?

I have no idea :shrug:, I think though there were some Europe dates and / or Canada dates that didn't sell through ticketmaster.

And of course if it is in competition with TM then they aren't gonna tell you how to go about getting tickets.

there is STILL NO HOUSTON on TM and tickets go on sale in 8 minutes!!!!!!!

yup...EXTRA DATES!!!!!!! how the hell do texas cities get the shaftl ike this?

fuck. by the time i figured out Houston wasn't on TM too late...and shut out of Dallas in all of 2 minutes.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom