WGRYWH was magical

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stagman

War Child
I bet this get's played again this year.... Did you notice that after the bridge the crowd were totally into singing 'Who's Gonna ride your wild horses' as Edge started the solo, was so beautiful.....The boys must have been so happy that so many knew the song after so many years.

I think so too, I thought it was great for the first time after more than a decade.

I don't think the performance was that amazing, but it sounds like the band themselves has a lot of fun. So sure it'll resurface.
Croker 1 :drool:

God Part III said:
I don't think the performance was that amazing, but it sounds like the band themselves has a lot of fun. So sure it'll resurface.
Croker 1 :drool:

Awesome performance, but Edge definitely hit a bad note in the solo.

Edge's guitar is drowned out pretty bad... but I think he was mostly improvising...

if only Bono sang "Don't turn around...AND DONT LOOK BACK' instead of 'YOUR GYPSY HEART' and then hit the high note with 'Come on now looove, don't you LOOOK BAAACK' Ah well he still did alright anyway.

I was there, and it was just so incredible. Magical indeed.

I'm surprised more mention isn't being made of the guitar solo. Does the album version even have one? I know Edge is doing some great lead work near the end, but there certainly isn't a notable instrumental portion of the song.

Bono's vocal was better than one could expect, and Edge doing some improv here made it more than worth it.

Hoping this becomes part of the rotation with Zoo Station, UTEOTW & MW. Yeah, we'd all love to hear Acrobat added as well but let's take one at a time.

If they really are going to start in with the POP & Zooropa material in Europe, the upcoming bootlegs are going to be phenomenal.

stagman said:

Wow Axver, you sure are lucky! I guess you would've prefered something like One Tree Hill or Wire...but not complaining with what you got:wink:

You know, I was so amazed t hat we got WGRYWH that I hadn't even thought "I'd prefer One Tree Hill" until you mentioned it.

I wouldn't trade that WGRYWH for anything, even though I'm not the biggest fan of that song. It was a HUGE shock, incredibly exciting, and it just kept going - I don't know, maybe I was caught up in the moment, but it felt like it was never going to end. The final minute was the most sensational for me.

Axver said:

You know, I was so amazed t hat we got WGRYWH that I hadn't even thought "I'd prefer One Tree Hill" until you mentioned it.

I wouldn't trade that WGRYWH for anything, even though I'm not the biggest fan of that song. It was a HUGE shock, incredibly exciting, and it just kept going - I don't know, maybe I was caught up in the moment, but it felt like it was never going to end. The final minute was the most sensational for me.

Now that's what I want to experiance when they come to Brisbane!! you'll be there too I assume.

Stagman and Axver, I hope they play One Tree Hill.

stagman said:

Now that's what I want to experiance when they come to Brisbane!! you'll be there too I assume.

Yes! I will most certainly be at any and every Brisbane show - after magical experiences like that WGRYWH, I've come to realise U2 are worth just about any expense.

And oh goodness, if they pulled out One Tree Hill ... :drool: *prays that they go to New Zealand*

Like myself, there seems to be a lot of fans that really like The Unforgettable Fire CD. I saw them on the War tour but I wasn't really into them that much, that changed after I saw the show. I was a total fanatic by the time I saw them on the UF Tour. I really wish that they would play a few more songs off of that CD even on a rotational basis, like Homecoming, UF, Wire, Indian Summer Sky..... I probably will be bashed for living in the past but that CD is a classic.

Back
Top Bottom