u2-vertigo-tour.com - a valuable setlist resource

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
I would like to begin this post by saying that this is NOT a website ad. I am aware of the forum's rules regarding such advertisements and I am providing this link not to promote the site but to aid fans in finding information and to improve the accuracy of the site.

Many of you are familiar with elevation-tour.com, a wonderful website with a wealth of setlist information and the best format on the web. Well, in keeping with the times, the site now has a new address:

U2-Vertigo-Tour.com!

Useful links to portions of the site (and this wealth of searchable information is why I believe it is the best site):

All U2 tours overview.
All songs played - alphabetical.
All songs played - order of frequency.
All locations played.

If you ever require setlist information, those links should prove extremely useful. That's where my setlist fascination was fostered, and I now know much of the information in the above links off memory.

In addition to this address change, the site also has a new additional administrator - me. It all happened rather accidentally, really! I'd dreamt of maintaining such a site, and after I sent some feedback and corrections to the site maintainer, we got into a discussion and look what happened!

I'll now be working to help improve the accuracy of the site, providing as much setlist detail as possible. If you have new setlists to offer, know of mistakes requiring correction, or know of snippets that aren't listed, please make a post on this thread or send me a PM. With the new tour fast approaching, I would like to be able to have old tours as accurate as possible. Any contributions are most appreciated!

Last edited:
OMG!
Amazing database! ...while I'll look at that constantly until March 30th, I wont look at it again until after May 12th.. I don't want to know too much about actual concerts from this tour until I get to see it myself!
Great site, I bookmarked it quickly

Thanks for posting the site Axver! I didn't know that it existed and was able to pull some great resources from the elevation tour.

Great resource Axver, thanks for sharing. :up: Should make a good companion to U2setlists.com for me, which I am very addicted to and am starting to know from memory. :reject:

It even tells how many times each song has been played! :faint: I've been looking so long for something like this. :hyper:

Glad to see all the positive responses! :) Hope the site proves as useful to all of you as it did to me, and if you spot any mistakes or have additions, please leave a post or PM and I'll fix it straight away.

neutral said:
Should make a good companion to U2setlists.com for me, which I am very addicted to.

Actually, that site is run from the same database as elevation-tour.com and u2-vertigo-tour.com. It just doesn't have all of the searchable aspects.

Great site, hope I can add some stuff;

Do snippets count when you count how many times a song has been played?

If they are, a significant part of All Along the Watchtower lyirc was added to Love is Blindness at ZOO TV //27.07.1993 in Oslo.

JulioArca said:
Great site, hope I can add some stuff;

Do snippets count when you count how many times a song has been played?

If they are, a significant part of All Along the Watchtower lyirc was added to Love is Blindness at ZOO TV //27.07.1993 in Oslo.

Yes, we'd like to add as many snippets as possible. Thanks for the information - I'd love to hear that AATW during LIB! If you have any more to add, please contribute them. Thanks! :)

Oh, just a question: was AATW during LIB, or did it come AFTER LIB like Can't Help Falling In Love With You comes after LIB on the ZooTV Sydney video?

Last edited:
Axver said:

Yes, we'd like to add as many snippets as possible. Thanks for the information - I'd love to hear that AATW during LIB! If you have any more to add, please contribute them. Thanks! :)

Oh, just a question: was AATW during LIB, or did it come AFTER LIB like Can't Help Falling In Love With You comes after LIB on the ZooTV Sydney video?

It was during the song, near the end. I havn't seen any bootlegs from the gig, so I obviously heard it just once. It was more of a surprise than anything else as you wouldn't connect Blindness with Watchtower.

JulioArca said:

It was during the song, near the end. I havn't seen any bootlegs from the gig, so I obviously heard it just once. It was more of a surprise than anything else as you wouldn't connect Blindness with Watchtower.

Yeah, I was surprised when you noted it - definitely not one I would imagine linked with LIB. I'll add it to the site now, though! Actually - one more thing, heh, you gave the date as 1993-07-27, but that was the Copenhagen show, Oslo was 1993-07-29. I presume you meant the Oslo one?

Yeah, I meant Oslo, but its been a few years... so I checked u2.com for the date:

//23.07.1993 Budapest,
//27.07.1993 Oslo,
//29.07.1993 Stockholm,

Mind you, U2.com isn't that reliable now is it...
The Copenhagen gig isn't even mentioned, so Oslo was probably on the 29th.

JulioArca said:
Yeah, I meant Oslo, but its been a few years... so I checked u2.com for the date:

//23.07.1993 Budapest,
//27.07.1993 Oslo,
//29.07.1993 Stockholm,

Mind you, U2.com isn't that reliable now is it...
The Copenhagen gig isn't even mentioned, so Oslo was probably on the 29th.

Wow, U2.com is doing a poor job! Here's the correct list:

· 1993-07-23 - Budapest, Hungary - N.E.P. Stadion
· 1993-07-27 - Copenhagen, Denmark - Gentofte Stadion
· 1993-07-29 - Oslo, Norway - Valle Hovin Stadion
· 1993-07-31 - Stockholm, Sweden - Stockholms Stadion
· 1993-08-03 - Nijmegen, Netherlands - Goffert Park

Back
Top Bottom