Question: Electrical Storm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RA-D

War Child
Quick question - would you say there is any chance of Electrical Storm being in the set-list as it has never been part of a tour before?

I think Electrical has the same chances as HMTMKMKM had to appear on Popmart and The Ground Beneath Her Feet on Elevation. They were pretty big hits, so I say Electrical will be played, at least not on all shows.

Last edited:
good point, but wasn't The Ground Beneath Her Feet just an album track? It was never an on-its-own single in the same was as Electrical Storm or HMTMKMKM

It wasn't a singel? But it has video and as I remember it was played in the radio. Mayby it was a singel only in some countries? Also it was popular song, same as were HMTMKMKM and ES and they were made between two LP albums, soooooooooo I think we can all count them to the same category.

oh, ok - i wasnt aware of it on radio or video. Still, signs look good for some Electrical Storm then..........................

Electrical Storm can't have been played on past tours as it didn't exist until 2002.

Past pattern says that it will definitely be played. The two other songs made/re-recorded for Best Ofs, The Sweetest Thing and The Hands That Built America, have both been played. Recent songs that were not full album tracks (a single and two bonus tracks) were all played - HMTMKMKM at every Popmart show, Holy Joe once [Pop bonus in Japan], and The Ground Beneath Her Feet [ATYCLB promo in Britain, Australia, and Japan] acoustic at promo shows and some Elevation concerts. What's more, Electrical Storm was a SINGLE. Every single U2 has ever released has been played live. If THTBA, the Best Of 1990-2000 new song that was NOT a single can be played, Electrical Storm is a certainty.

By the way, the U2 single with the least recorded performances is Another Day, with two known concert appearances in 1980. Emphasis on 'known'. We only have setlists for four concerts before the Boy Tour.

Back
Top Bottom