I'm impressed by the warm welcome of Zoo Station...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

This IS a very Zoocentric board. Most people fall over themselves to praise the Zoochtung era.

It is quite a Zoocentric board but you are right to keep the Lovetown and UF fires burning! But I cant agree with you that
ZooTV was the worst era for the band.

BTW I bought a bootleg of the Dublin New Years Eve concert in Prague recently, mainly on your recommendation and youre right it's incredible, especially the version of RTSS and the way he leads it into Dirty Old Town.

financeguy said:

It is quite a Zoocentric board but you are right to keep the Lovetown and UF fires burning! But I cant agree with you that
ZooTV was the worst era for the band.

Well, the UF fire is unforgettable ... :wink:

Well, really, it's between ZooTV and Popmart for worst era in my opinion. Remember, I'm speaking in U2 terms. Both eras are sen-fucking-sational and would be the absolute pinnacle for any other artist out there. But when I compare the Zoochtung or Popmart eras to the eighties or to HTDAAB, I feel they come off looking quite inferior.

BTW I bought a bootleg of the Dublin New Years Eve concert in Prague recently, mainly on your recommendation and youre right it's incredible, especially the version of RTSS and the way he leads it into Dirty Old Town.

That's such a gorgeous part of the show. :drool:

The four Dublin 1989 gigs were all simply sensational. Some of my favourite bootlegs.

basco said:
I look forward to Zoo Station every concert, one of my favorites and was absolutely floored when they played it this tour.

Mine too :).

When they played the first night in San Diego, I turned to the guy next to me and we high fived :lol: It's one of my favorite songs and I never thought I would get to hear it in person.

Yes, I'm a dork :reject:

chucky28 said:

Since he wont quit with his "zoochtung worship" bullshit. When he learns that his tastes are not the best ones, maybe we will quit bashing him. Personally, I'm sick of those so-called gods on this board. I like zootv best, but I respect other people's opinions if they dont agree. But I wont accept being criticised by someone who thinks that a person is a moron if he doesnt like a particular era or a particular song (e.g. "One tree Hill" or "Heartland" that our friend Axver thinks they are the best thing since sliced bread). This is ridiculous.

I hope I answered your question TheRooster. :wink:
Hint: When trying to make a point you don't want to be guilty of the same thing you're bashing someone else of :wink:

I am not guilty of anything. I dont judge his tastes. He is the one who would like all of us to think the same way he does. I do respect his love for Lovetown etc. But he certainky wont tell me what I should like or not. What is "ridiculous" is his huge ego and the fact that, according to him, we should all prefer Lovetown over any other eras because Mr Axver decided it is the best one. I dont care if he likes "one tree hill" or "Life is life"!

By the way Axver, you should read the Zootv appreciation thread...it has been started just for you! :wink:

kellyahern said:

Mine too :).

When they played the first night in San Diego, I turned to the guy next to me and we high fived :lol: It's one of my favorite songs and I never thought I would get to hear it in person.

Yes, I'm a dork :reject:

Even though I was 99% sure they were going to play it during Anaheim 1, I still freaked out and started screaming when the opening riff came on...I was like a little kid I'm telling you.

i love zoo station and i'm glad to see it back in the setlist. i just hope that it makes it to the third leg cause i would love to hear it live.

Back
Top Bottom