I like the new take on BTBS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hoodlem

War Child
I was reading all of the posts about how people didn't like the new bullet version. I heard that the solo at the end was not exciting or as good as on previous tours. I just finished listenning to it for the first time and I totally LOVE IT. So mellow and bluesy! They have changed it up again! I was not excited to see it in the playlist but now I think it willl be great.

Also I thought the HTBA fit very well in that part and transitioned perfectly into RTSS.

I don't know what all the complaining is about.

I do too - I see it as the most interesting version since they overhauled it for Zoo TV - and Edge's solo show's a new depth to his playing.

Seguing into HTBA is subtle and perfect for this part - I think it would be even better if it were to be extended!

Edge's solo was the highlight, enjoyed it's new "bluesy" feel. But other than that, meh.....

I think the snippet of Hands was beautiful and very good. I feel Edge's solo was too slow and a bit of a let-down, though. When I first heard it, I kept waiting for him to do SOMETHING, ANYTHING, but he never did. It's probably my only gripe.

well it was quite beautiful in person - I like the snippet of When Johnny Comes Marching Home also - talk about American roots music, that song dates back to the Civil War

RTSS is done like Joshua Tree tour, and it kicks ass.

On some nights, he should sing "I'm still running....still running..." and have the crowd sing it back like back in the day.

Loved BTBS! A great new approach to a u2 classic! A gamble, and a winner!

Palace_Hero said:
Rubbish. Edge's solo was the EXACT SAME as most other Bullet solos.

Listen again - the opening of the solo is the same, but it soon becomes different than anything than he has previously done. His tone, the beat that he's playing on, the whole solo becomes different.

He has played the EXACT same solo since Zoo TV, and this is not the same - the bootleg doesn't lie!

I always thought Edge played the solo the same since Zoo TV to Elevation... it was definitely different. I hope the solo changes every night.

I don't expect a completely different solo, like it seems someone on this thread wants b/c it would probably take away from the song IMO.

Last edited:
i absolutly LOVE the new version. such an 'errie' feeling with the Hands inclusion. i hope so much that they don't change it at all until after i see them in Vancouver.

the tempo didn't slow down, edge just turned off the distortion and the wah.

i loved the ending with edge playing the chords to Hands. . . it was really super

Back
Top Bottom