DVD Setlist...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mynthor

The Fly
Like all of you must know, U2 recorded some songs for their brand new DVD in Milan today. After looking at the setlist, I'm happy and a little disappointed too. Let's start with the good point : U2 played Miss Sarajevo in Italy while Pavarotti was in the place...that must be really special to hear Bono sing this song! The bad point is that if find that U2 always repeat the same songs over and over again from one DVD to another...They keep playing One, Streets, Whith Or Without You, New Year's Day,... They never go for a song like Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Acrobat, Electrical Strom,... Their could be more imaginative. Finally, I must say that i can't wait for this new DVD to be sold...:wink: ...

U2 probably keep putting those on DVDs because they're their biggest hits. Its also possible that they might not put some of these (although Pride, Streets, and One are unlikely cast-offs because of their arrangement on this tour).

As to other songs - it's not totally impossible that Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses doesn't make an appearence if they play it tomorrow. It will probably be All I Want is You on the DVD, though, since the video for that song was filmed in Milan...

Acrobat and Electrical Storm have never been played live (other than in soundcheck), so their chance of being included on any DVDs are none at this point.

I agree, however. If you look at the likely setlists for the Chicago and Milan DVDs, they're remarably similar:

On Both DVDs

Vertigo
The Electric Co.
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
Zoo Station
The Fly
All Because Of You

Unique to Chicago:

An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
Running To Stand Still
Mysterious Ways
Yahweh
Party Girl

Unique to Milan:

I Will Follow
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
All I Want Is You
Miss Sarajevo
With Or Without You
Original Of The Species

Keep in mind that this is just guesswork, but its still a bit disappointing compared to the distinctness of the two Elevation DVDs.

However, the sets lately seem to be a bit longer than in the past, so I can forgive more overlap.

just play Wild Horses tomorrow and EVERYTHING will be fine... even as a Bonus Track ala MW

What if they play Crumbs and Electrical Strom tomorrow? :hmm:... :drool:

can somebody please post the setlist from the milan show?

my dads set the router up so that i cant look at pages with U2 in the url, and this is one of the few U2 sites that isnt blocked.....

frum u2-vertigo-tour.com

n front of an enthusiastic Italian crowd tonight, U2 played Original Of The Species with a full orchestra on the b-stages. This is only the third time Original Of The Species has been played in Europe.

The full setlist was:

Vertigo
I Will Follow
The Electric Co.
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Everybody Hurts (snippet)
All I Want Is You
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / The Black Hills of Dakota (snippet)
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / Please (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
One

Encore(s):
Zoo Station
The Fly
With Or Without You
Original Of The Species
All Because Of You
Yahweh
Vertigo

Harbinger said:
frum u2-vertigo-tour.com

n front of an enthusiastic Italian crowd tonight, U2 played Original Of The Species with a full orchestra on the b-stages. This is only the third time Original Of The Species has been played in Europe.

The full setlist was:

Vertigo
I Will Follow
The Electric Co.
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Everybody Hurts (snippet)
All I Want Is You
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / The Black Hills of Dakota (snippet)
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / Please (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
One

Encore(s):
Zoo Station
The Fly
With Or Without You
Original Of The Species
All Because Of You
Yahweh
Vertigo
wow everybody hurts snippet :drool: i hope that makes it onto the dvd

I think this will be the setlist for the DVD... it will be a combination of both nights...

Vertigo
I Will Follow
Out Of Control
The Electric Co.
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
All I Want Is You
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Miss Sarajevo
One

Encore(s):
Zoo Station
The Fly
Until The End Of The World
With Or Without You
Original Of The Species
All Because Of You
Yahweh

Lets hope they add some new tunes for tonights gig. How many official concerts do we need with Bullet and New Years Day on it?

Yeah! We totally NEED Who's Ganna Ride Your Wild Horses, Miss Sarajevo, Mysterious Way and Party Girl on the DVD... I would be really happy to see them live!!!! :drool: :drool:

to hell with Mysterious Ways...

WHO'S GONNA RIDE YOUR WILD HORSES...
WHO'S GONNA DROWN IN YOUR BLUE SEE...

:drool: :sad:

Mynthor said:
Like all of you must know, U2 recorded some songs for their brand new DVD in Milan today. After looking at the setlist, I'm happy and a little disappointed too. Let's start with the good point : U2 played Miss Sarajevo in Italy while Pavarotti was in the place...that must be really special to hear Bono sing this song! The bad point is that if find that U2 always repeat the same songs over and over again from one DVD to another...They keep playing One, Streets, Whith Or Without You, New Year's Day,... They never go for a song like Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Acrobat, Electrical Strom,... Their could be more imaginative. Finally, I must say that i can't wait for this new DVD to be sold...:wink: ...

:up: agree. One, With or Without You, Pride, New Years Day, SBS, Bullet :madspit: Overplayed....wayyyy to many times....been on waaaayyyy to many DVD's. We don't get Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, we don't get Gloria, Crumbs, Acrobat, we don't get....a million other great tunes that U2 haven't played for years and that never made it to a DVD :tsk: Miss Sarajevo and OOTS are the two pleasant surprises, although if it would have been a scandal to leave OOTS out. I'm gonna buy the DVD of course.....but setlist wise....it could have been a lot better, I'd have to say.....

Back
Top Bottom