Another Dreaming Setlist - With Seconds Included

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
I was thinking this morning about the title of the album and songs in their catalog that relate to this theme. One song that immediately popped into my head was Seconds. "And they're doing the atomic bomb, they don't know where the dance comes from. Yes they're doing the atomic bomb, they want you to sing along."

So here is my setlist, realistic in both songs, amount of songs to be rehearsed (31) and time length.

1. Vertigo
2. New Song
3. New Song
4. Seconds
5. Until the End of the World - REM's ITEOTW
6. Mofo rotated with Gone
7. Out of Control rotated with I Will Follow
8. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
9. New Song
10. In God's Country rotated with Angel of Harlem
11. New Song

ACOUSTIC SET
12. Stay rotated with Staring At The Sun
13. One ending with 1 verse and chorus of Walk On
14. Electrical Storm

15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. New Song
17. Beautiful Day

ENCORE
18. Elevation
19. Please rotated with Running To Stand Still
20. New Song
21. Love Is Blindness
22. 40

Notes on setlist
1 - At the end of UTEOTW, the band kicks into double time and does a verse and chorus of REM's It's The End of The World
2 - One is performed similar to the performance at Irving Plaza, only the entire first verse of Walk On is thrown into it. I think it would be very interesting and unique to see and hear One performed acoustic too. Give it a different feel and be something different for the band.
3 - At the end of Electrical Storm, Bono sings a capella "Electrical Storm" over and over as the intro to Streets come in through the speakers.
4 - Bullet, Bad, With Or Without You, Mysterious Ways, Pride and Desire I took off for different reasons. As I love how Bullet is when performed live, it's just overdone, and I think they need a break from it. Bad and With or Without You I don't think Bono can sing anymore (and as someone said earlier, has seen it's better days.) Mysterious Ways I was never fond of to begin with. Pride needs to be recycled and Desire, well, not a fan of that song either really.

Comment, bash, make changes, call me an idiot, love my setlist, or don't comment. All comments are welcome.

wow, interesting setlist. I wouldnt mind hearing that myself, although I think we have a better chance of Henry Rollins opening for the band :wink:

REMs ITEOTW? Not. A. Chance. Especially not regularly. MAYBE - and that's a huge maybe - snippeted in Atlanta, but anywhere else? Forget it.

Seconds then UTEOTW? I'm sorry, but that's a shocking combination. Seconds belongs in the acoustic set or with songs such as THBAO and Surrender.

Mofo? That'll never be played again. Electrical Storm acoustic? I'd be so annoyed if they did that. Pattern dictates old songs follow Streets. Elevation/RTSS and Elevation/Please are really bad combinations that don't work at all. I can't see RTSS being played without Bullet either. Can't foresee Love Is Blindness returning.

Otherwise, I can't complain!

I like your setlist and it looks realistic. I think U2 will play "Stuck In a Moment..." in their acoustic set.

Back
Top Bottom