Hanover Quay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi BonosCamerawoman! No sorry we didnt get any of you and your daughters with Bono! I didnt think I got any photos of myself and my son as the batteries ran out as I was taking the pictures! I was wondering did any of the other lads come out?? I couldn't stay as I had to go to meet up with wife in town! Did any of the other lads come out to sign??:eyebrow:

No we left soon after you. I was happy just meeting Bono and was thrilled with my photos and the fact that he signed the back of my bag. Last time I met Bono there he came out with Edge at the same time, so I don't think anyone else would have come out as they have a lot of work to do!!!!!!!

Everyone left soon after you and we wanted to get the girls out of that atrocious wind and of course celebrate!!!!!!!!!

Now I really must go to bed - I was too excited to sleep last night!!!!! Poor Dave, must have heard me say "I can't believe we met him" at least 100 times!!

HaHaHa! My son was walking home and he couldn't believe he actually me Bono! He loved the fact he signed his book on the inside and called him back over again to sign the cover! Hes glad he pulled a sicky to miss school and meet Bono! Are the pictures good?? The people that were there were really friendly! And what did he write on the back of your bag!!:yippie:

Yes the photos are good, very similar to the ones you have though. Dave just stood there taking photos of everyone, I think he was the only person not to get a photo with Bono!!

Bono drew one of his self-portraits on the back and then wrote "This is The Bag, This is the B-Bag"!!!

I had to laugh at him though, he was laughing at the fact that he had drawn glasses on my face on the front of the bag previously and said "remind me again when I did this", I said "in London before the Twickenham show" and he said "ah yes, that was a great show" to which I replied "well they all are aren't they" (what a creep I am!!!) and he looked at me straight in the eye and said "well you said it!" but I had to stop myself saying "don't look at me like that, I can't cope" as I could feel myself starting to shake all over!!! I thought for once I was in control, until he stared straight into my eyes!!

At least I managed to string two words together this time Julie (BT)!!!!

Talk about you being stuck for words!!! When I handed Bono my piece of paper and asked for his autograph I thought he would just sign 'Bono' but then he turned and looked me straight in the face and asked who will I sign it for!! My mouth opened but nothing seemed to come out! Which seemed for forever! Then I just said for Shay! So he signed it 'Bono for Shea 2008'! He might have spelled Shay wrong but who cares! Im actually thinking of changing the spelling of my name to Shea as if its good enough for Bono its good enough for me!!!

Bonos Camerawoman, great great story, and nice to hear how sweet Bono was with your kids. I would love to see your pictures. Thanks for sharing your story.

Originally posted by BonosCamerawoma and he looked at me straight in the eye and said "well you said it!" but I had to stop myself saying "don't look at me like that, I can't cope" as I could feel myself starting to shake all over!!! I thought for once I was in control, until he stared straight into my eyes!!

:yes: The power of his eyes! :drool: I couldn't remember my own name after I got the B-Man stare :drool:

Bono's Tart said:

TOTP was great, but the JR show was amazing he was interviewing them for over an hour its a shame they didn't show it all. Plus before they did Vertigo Bono put his hand up to ask JR if he could go to the loo!! He was gone ages because the studios is no where near the Green Room and the loo's.

Oh happy days!:wink:

would loved to have seen the rest of the interview.. I remember Rossy looking a bit nervous. Do you remember what else they talked about?

Picture%20175.jpg

This is the photo with me and my 2 daughters. There are some more if you go onto u2chat.com, click on gallery and then Bono April 2008 at the bottom of the page.

:wink: :yes: Ahhh, BC....that pic of you, Bono and your girls is so precious!!! What a treasure you all have now!! thanks for sharing!
Yeah, those Eyes.....emmh!:drool:

Ah it was an absolute thrill! One thing I did notice is that he was in a very happy mood! But in all the pictures he always poses without the smile? Probaly just me! But he's very very nice!!!

Ryaner said:
Ah it was an absolute thrill! One thing I did notice is that he was in a very happy mood! But in all the pictures he always poses without the smile? Probaly just me! But he's very very nice!!!

He usually does, but he is a cool rock star isn't he?! LOL

Haha thats what Sam told me! I saw him going to the SPAR so I asked him was U2 going to be there this was on Tuesday and he told me "Yes but I don't know at what time? You know he's a Rockstar" haha:lol:

Ryaner, Congratulations for getting to meet the boy..he is just divine. I met him in September at HQ...and he was so nice...got to put my arm around that lovely waist of his, he was all dressed up in his black attire...looking sharp...what a boy.

Suzanna:wave:

Originally posted by Ryaner Probaly just me! But he's very very nice!!!

:yes: When I met him I was Cr@pping myself, I spent nearly 30 years wanting to, but too scared incase he turned out to be a real Wayne Kerr and blew my illusion of him. :madspit:

All I can say is he went further up in my estimation than he was before, and that was VERY high to start with! A very lovely man! and very :evil: :drool: :combust:

BonosCamerawoma said:

He usually does, but he is a cool rock star isn't he?! LOL

He's usually smiling... at least when I have taken pics of him at HQ... but lately he has been very tired and I guess that's why he looks different in these pics.

Last edited:
Great photos Bonoscamerawoman. What luck! He so modest..."You said it!" He's got a memory like an elephant too, to remember the Twickenham show, or to at least make you think he did.

I'm sure you'll treasure the photo forever...and your girls look pretty happy too.

The next generation of fans :)

U2FloridaFan said:
Great photos Bonoscamerawoman. What luck! He so modest..."You said it!" He's got a memory like an elephant too, to remember the Twickenham show, or to at least make you think he did.

I'm sure you'll treasure the photo forever...and your girls look pretty happy too.

The next generation of fans :)

He did remember the occasion when I reminded him because he was with Gavin Friday who calls my daughters "his Peter and the Wolf girls" and Gavin was complaining that I didn't have a bag with him on!!! My husband was going to take a photo with us and Bono, but John Sampson insisted on taking it so he could be on it too for a proper family photo (see below) which I thought was really nice.

familyandBono.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know if theres a chance U2 will be at HQ this week? I know Bonos in America on Wednesday the 9th so does that mean the rest of the lads will not be in the HQ as Bono's not there??

If U2 always had to wait for Bono to be in the country before they did some work, they would never get anything done... :wink:

They will work without him... but as for the question of whether they will be there. As we haved said before, we don't know.

Take a chance...
:sigh: I think we have been on this road before.....

Carrie

Back
Top Bottom