Bono and Ali at dinner last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a better picture of brian...

i knew i had a pic somewhere.

bonoandbrian.jpg

WOW!!:drool:...I know both Brian and John to spill a little more info than maybe they should, I recall a few conversations with John and if JCoaster will recall a certain conversation with Brian a year ago in NY *remember JC?? * and even after JC and blm had gone home we had a little more info than we should have talking to Brian!

CONGRATS ouizy !!! Im shure itwas a FANTASTIC night!!! :D:up:

YUP! :yes:

I really considered getting up and saying something to them, or buying them a bottle of wine (that they were drinking) but did not want to be that person. What could I possibly have said, it would have totally interrupted them and they were having such a good time.

:hi5: That's my NYC boy. This is one reason why celebrities feel comfortable living in NYC - the locals leave them alone. When I lived there I had celebrities in my neighborhood who I'd see every morning in sweatpants without make-up walking their kids to school and I wouldn't have dreamed of bothering them. It's just not cool.

Great story. Couldn't have happened to a nicer Interferencer (you should post more often, dammit).

OMG!!! I am soooo jealous. Thank you so much for sharing your story!!!! To have Bono look into your eyes.............my soul would be touched! I wouldn't have been able to eat either, however, if I had, I am sure he would be laughing at me as I choke and drool and make a complete idiot of myself. I don't think I could have kept my cool at all. Good job on respecting his privacy.

Ciao Sexy People

:hi5: That's my NYC boy. This is one reason why celebrities feel comfortable living in NYC - the locals leave them alone. When I lived there I had celebrities in my neighborhood who I'd see every morning in sweatpants without make-up walking their kids to school and I wouldn't have dreamed of bothering them. It's just not cool.

Great story. Couldn't have happened to a nicer Interferencer (you should post more often, dammit).

Thanks - I miss this place.

You know how it is...

Great story! I would probbaly not be able to say anything too and would probably be kicking myself for a long time for not doing so. But then again, they need to be left alone too. Oh, how I wish I lived in New York.

Why am I the only one questioning the authenticity of this story? With all due respect to Ouizy, this story is almost too perfect . . . too many idealistic plot twists. Forget the fact that the bodyguard supposedly called out his client (which I'm sure is the FIRST thing you learn NOT to do in bodyguard school), but then Ouizy supposedly gets seated right next to Bono and Ali (who was looking absolutely beautiful as she gazed in Bono's eyes) and watched them whisper sweet nothings in each other's ears all night while enjoying a nice meal of red win and fish??

If it's true, then it's fantastic. But I'll remain the one and only skeptic for the time being.

Well. there have been stories told by other people who sat next to Bono or met him in a bar or restaurant, this seems to be quite normal for him. so I have no reason not to believe this, also his behaviour with Ali, what they were eating and that they talked about politics seems legitimate to me. The only thing I question is the behaviour of Brian, the bodyguard, because it doesn't seem very professional to me to talk like that about a client. I'm not even sure if Brian or any other security guy is usually around when Bono is privatly at a restaurant, I don't think I've ever heard any fan say they saw a bodyguard with Bono when he's somewhere privatly or with Ali. Maybe they were just hiding better, but Brian's behaviour is a little strange to me. Bodyguards usually don't give out any information about a client, especially when he's somewhere in private.

NYC :drool:

You really showed your strength and self control by not bothering them. :) I would have been so tempted to at least say "Hi I'm a huge fan..." or something of that sort. :lol:

Why am I the only one questioning the authenticity of this story?

Because the rest of us know ouizy as a respected member of this forum even though he isn't around much anymore, and also because there's absolutely nothing implausible about the story. When I lived in NYC being seated next to celebrities in restaurants or the theatre was not an uncommon experience.

Well. there have been stories told by other people who sat next to Bono or met him in a bar or restaurant, this seems to be quite normal for him. so I have no reason not to believe this, also his behaviour with Ali, what they were eating and that they talked about politics seems legitimate to me. The only thing I question is the behaviour of Brian, the bodyguard, because it doesn't seem very professional to me to talk like that about a client. I'm not even sure if Brian or any other security guy is usually around when Bono is privatly at a restaurant, I don't think I've ever heard any fan say they saw a bodyguard with Bono when he's somewhere privatly or with Ali. Maybe they were just hiding better, but Brian's behaviour is a little strange to me. Bodyguards usually don't give out any information about a client, especially when he's somewhere in private.

I've spoken to Brian 2x and John once, they both are extremely friendly and very nice. They do give the fans quite a bit of information. Usually, where theres Bono theres Brian. So it definately could've happened.

I've spoken to Brian 2x and John once, they both are extremely friendly and very nice. They do give the fans quite a bit of information. Usually, where theres Bono theres Brian. So it definately could've happened.

Yes, I know theyre friendly. I'm just asking if Brian's behaviour wasn't slightly unprofessional in that restaurant. I appreciate being nice to the fans, but I would think that, as bodyguards, they are supposed to be a little more discrete about their clients.

Great, great story, ouizy! Thanks a ton for sharing. I'm so happy for you. It was great to get that insider account of the Hewsons.

Well done. :bow:

:applaud:wow!!! First, thank you for sharing your story!! What Control you have!! LOL!
I Would have had to send a bottle of cham., not wine, to at least say something! guess that;s why I did Not have THat moment!! Congrats on your 'moment'!

In regards to Brian, for which I can attest to. This is how he was when I met him last december in Va. So, I don't question this behavior or what he said at all because he was very forthcoming to the group of us that spent over 30 minutes talking to him back then. Others here, like JC also have said that this is how he is. Brian told us exactly where Bono was at the time and what he was up to next when we spoke to him.. He knows a threat when he sees one and I think that with us, JC and Ouizy he saw us as harmless so he let down his guard per se. The guy has been around long enough to pick up on the loonies and people who are just fans.

I've only met Brian once and he seemed like a cool laid back guy. If you act calm around him, he'll talk to you. That was the case when I met him last year.

He knows a threat when he sees one and I think that with us, JC and Ouizy he saw us as harmless so he let down his guard per se. The guy has been around long enough to pick up on the loonies and people who are just fans.

OK, let's just hope he does. I always love hearing stories about how nice the bodyguards are to the fans and I'm sure U2 appreciate this, I'm just slightly worried sometimes that they are "too nice" to people who aren't exactly fans and have different plans. They are there to protect their clients after all, not to tell everyone everything about them. Security IS an issue if you're as famous and exposed as Bono.

Back
Top Bottom