Teenage U2 fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll be 19 in less than two weeks, and I hate it. Far too close to 20 if you ask me and that's old.

I've been 19 for more than 2 months.

Wish I could stay 18 forever :lol:

This, this, this! 19 is fine too, but the biggest 19's drawback is its closeness to 20 :angry:

ES, Are you already at university or beginning this year as me?

I'd willingly share some of my holidays with you guys. Ones between high school and university are so long in my country. 4 months and about 10 days.

:hug: for those who already started/are going to start soon the new year of school.

I'd willingly share some of my holidays with you guys. Ones between high school and university are so long in my country. 4 months and about 10 days.

:hug: for those who already started/are going to start soon the new year of school.

Wow, those are some holidays. :wink: But yeah, I only like seeing my friends at school, never looking forward to the work. Fortunately I have two more (yet difficult) years ahead of me, till I get out of here.

Wow, those are some holidays. :wink: But yeah, I only like seeing my friends at school, never looking forward to the work. Fortunately I have two more (yet difficult) years ahead of me, till I get out of here.

Seeing friends is the best part of school :wink: I'm missing this now on holidays, because it's difficult to manage to meet all these people at the same time.

Last year of high school was the most difficult one for me, especially the months before the final exams. :crack:
During all high school I wanted it to end (I liked my class, just didn't want to learn Physics etc. till my 19 Bday while I knew I'd choose a humanistic major). Now I'm not that willing to begin university anymore.
And now I think that high school wasn't that bad.

I start not tomorrow but next Monday.

I'm actually very excited, believe it or not.

Although I'm sure that excitement will fade after the first two or three days lol.

I'm not excited :/ school again's just...no. I feel like after high school's ended I never want to go to school again :lol: too late!

It only makes it slightly more exciting that I'll be spending all day doing art as opposed to math or something...

ES, Are you already at university or beginning this year as me?

I'm actually going to my third year at university, in Mathematics:shifty:
(I skipped a year in Elementary school, I was apparently super-smart as child:lol:)
First year university is very exciting! What are you going to study?

It only makes it slightly more exciting that I'll be spending all day doing art as opposed to math or something...

Thanks for reminding me to say a word to my "favourite" subject.
Goodbye Maths, our roads won't cross again :wave::yippie:

I'm actually going to my third year at university, in Mathematics:shifty:
(I skipped a year in Elementary school, I was apparently super-smart as child:lol:)
First year university is very exciting! What are you going to study?

I was about to ask you if it is Maths :lol: I knew it, somehow :shifty: What are your plans for the future after you finish?

I'm going to study English Philology and International Relationships.

I feel like color theory may be equally horrible as math, though...:| And art history should be....interesting.

I feel like color theory may be equally horrible as math, though...:| And art history should be....interesting.

What? :ohmy:

History of art is ok, some artists have interesting biographies :giggle:
I chose normal History as one of the subjects to pass on my finals, though.

I was about to ask you if it is Maths :lol: I knew it, somehow :shifty: What are your plans for the future after you finish?
Not sure yet, maybe teacher, but there's also a need for mathematicians in companies and the financial world. If I'm good enough (but I probably am not) I'd love to get a doctorate and be a researcher.

I'm going to study English Philology and International Relationships.
Hmm, I'm not entirely sure what that subject contains... Surely interesting, but probably not my kind of thing ;)

Color theory sounds great, in my opinion :giggle: (But I would probably suck at it, the only art I'm good at is music...)

I start not tomorrow but next Monday.

I'm actually very excited, believe it or not.

Although I'm sure that excitement will fade after the first two or three days lol.

:up: I was excited at first, but now it's sinking in. 3rd day of school tomorrow - first day of studying (first two days was just introduction and materials needed and stuff). I miss summer. :sad: Though it's been great catching up with friends you haven't seen in two months. That seems to be the only positive side so far, along with soccer season coming up.

Not sure yet, maybe teacher, but there's also a need for mathematicians in companies and the financial world. If I'm good enough (but I probably am not) I'd love to get a doctorate and be a researcher.

That's true, there's never enough of mathematicians, computer scientists etc. Somebody has to make technology and business progress ;)
Researcher sounds exciting to me. Do you watch Numbers? I love Charlie (and he skipped classes as you :lol:).

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure what that subject contains... Surely interesting, but probably not my kind of thing ;)
English Philology contains mostly language (boring things like Phonetics, Phonology...) and British (Irish included :sexywink:) and American literature and history. In turn International Relationships - politics, history, nations, countries and relationships between them, diplomacy... Mostly my cup of tea :)

Edit: I just noticed you took those as one subject. They are two seperate majors :)

Color theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Basically, putting squares of color next to each other and seeing how they relate. Useful, but boring as hell.

In theory it must be boring indeed. But in practice it should be fun.:D

:up: I was excited at first, but now it's sinking in. 3rd day of school tomorrow - first day of studying (first two days was just introduction and materials needed and stuff). I miss summer. :sad: Though it's been great catching up with friends you haven't seen in two months. That seems to be the only positive side so far, along with soccer season coming up.

Start a countdown to the next long weekend or break. I always found that helpful. :)

That's true, there's never enough of mathematicians, computer scientists etc. Somebody has to make technology and business progress ;)
Researcher sounds exciting to me. Do you watch Numbers? I love Charlie (and he skipped classes as you :lol:).

No I don't watch it (never heard about it actually), but I just looked at the wikipedia page, and it looks like I really should watch it, it seems awesome!

English Philology contains mostly language (boring things like Phonetics, Phonology...) and British (Irish included :sexywink:) and American literature and history. In turn International Relationships - politics, history, nations, countries and relationships between them, diplomacy... Mostly my cup of tea :)

Edit: I just noticed you took those as one subject. They are two seperate majors :)

So you'll be doing two majors at the same time? Is that common in your country, 'cause I've no idea how the university system works there...:shifty:

No I don't watch it (never heard about it actually), but I just looked at the wikipedia page, and it looks like I really should watch it, it seems awesome!

You should definitely check it out! It one of my favourite TV series. And you'll probably know what Charlie and Larry talk about, I just enjoy the programme as a whole :lol:

So you'll be doing two majors at the same time? Is that common in your country, 'cause I've no idea how the university system works there...:shifty:

I'm going to at least TRY. Many people study two majors at the same time, it's possible. I'm fine with the thought I'm likely to quit International Relationships if I'm too exhausted, but I'd regret not trying.

I'm going to at least TRY. Many people study two majors at the same time, it's possible. I'm fine with the thought I'm likely to quit International Relationships if I'm too exhausted, but I'd regret not trying.

I can't even begin to imagine doing two majors at the same time... Good luck with it!

Back
Top Bottom