MERGED--> Anyone want to go to Vegas for St. Patrick's Day? + Elevation In Vegas News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right on Martha! Who wants to wade through the snow and slush. :no:

Come on everyone...VEGAS, VEGAS, VEGAS!!! :hyper: :drunk: :sexywink:

and you wont find wax Bono in Chicago

i can confidently confirm it. no snow here in vegas.

i miss snow.

i miss rain.

hell, i miss water period...

Vegas is definitely more exciting than Chicago, but I don't know if I can afford it right now.

Bono's American Wife said:

and you wont find wax Bono in Chicago

Oh, but you might be able to find the real Bono in Chicago. It's one his favourite cities. :sexywink:.

Oh, I just don't know what to do about this....on the one hand, I have all these expensive house projects and my husband and I were going to go on a vacation somewhere hot and relaxing this winter (if we could afford it) and the last thing I/we can afford is a trip to Vegas (it would be a tough sell even if U2 were playing!).

On the other hand, this IS an interference reunion AND "my" band is playing and I feel I should support them, and maybe I could just go on my own, or bring the hubby and go on vacation from there....but then that would be ludicrously expensive....

What do you think?

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
jess, dontcha have to perform? i mean they can't play unless their dancer is there. ;)

No, I wish! :( It totally blows. It turns out I'd have to join some sort of American dancer's union. The promoter organized the band members' memberships in some sort of musicians' union, but that was it. If I were to perform, I might risk getting them blacklisted out of the entertainment industry. Blargh!

The only way I might be able to dance a bit (since it is only a pub afterall) is if Brady danced with me in the audience in Bonoesque fashion (me not in costume)....but who knows if that would work out.

If I came it would simply be to join in the festivities.

It looks like I may be able to make it. So, yeah, Sicy, it might be worth it! ;)

The problem is, I'll have to come back on Sunday, and I fucking hate driving back from Vegas on a Sunday. I usually take the back way. It's longer but not as full of pissed off losers driving home.

you can expect to see me there!

PS., A word of advice: break out the credit card so you won't regret not bein there. this is a one time event, peoples.

hmmm there is a small possibility that i may be able to go. I have finals starting on the 18th, but vegas is only about a 4 hour drive and my final isn't til 3pm....hmmmm.....we'll see, it'll depend on some other factors too.

I am really going to make every effort to go. I could REALLY use a vacation, and there are so many of you I am dying to meet, or meet again in some cases! Even if I can't go, those of you who are there would have so much fun checking out this band. They have a full Elevation set, ZooTV/Zooropa set and Joshua Tree set (all with the appropriate costumes and MacPhisto) and it's amazing the U2 spirit they can bring into a room.

Last night we were playing to no more than about 30 ppl in this bar, and Brady was climbing all over the speaker stacks during Bad and soon all these beer swilling guys were singing "ooo oooo" madly to each other...it was hilarious! (and wonderful). Oh, and Brady accidentally tripped me, and I slipped in the water on the floor and came crashing down...and now I have two huge bruises on my knees! :laugh: And Kevin (the Edge) sang Van Diemen's Land for the first time, and sounded EXACTLY like Edge. :drool: It was so much fun.

I know that for Vegas they are going to do a completely different show each night. I guarantee you guys would have fun. :)

Bono's American Wife said:

YES...its worth going! I'm still going...Martha "may" go

...anyone else?

i'm a late comer to this one, and i haven't read the whole thread (yet), but definitely!
BAW:
i'm in northern ca, don't know if there is any sense in hooking up for the trip there, but i'll be in touch, also about traveling to Cleveland this summer! :wave:

jesseu2 said:
anyone know what time they play on the 17th? i'm just trying to finalize my flight plans.

It will prolly be around 10:30 pm, but I will let you know when I find out for sure. Either way, it will be late.

maybe i missed it, but i'm too lazy to go back and search for it. can anyone tell me where in town this band is playing? i will definitely go check out the show...

thanks!

Re: Anyone want to go to Vegas for St. Patrick's Day?

Mrs. Edge said:
Remember how there was all that discussion of having an interference reunion in Vegas?

Well, I'm not sure if that is still happening, but for those of you who want to meet up to do something fun for St. Patrick's Day, Toronto's U2 Tribute band, Elevation, has just been booked to play a place called J.C. Wooloughan's Irish pub in the Mariott Hotel on March 15,16,17.
:)

Here is that info again.....

You could all come and stay at my house and drink green guinness :laugh: and we all wear something green

Back
Top Bottom