(12-27-2004) Adam Clayton Talks to U2.com About Tour - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Adam Clayton Talks to U2.com About Tour

Before flying off to Malaysia on holiday with his girlfriend recently, Adam Clayton took some time to speak with U2.com about many things, but most excitedly, the new tour. This interview is not available on the main site, and appears to be part of its paid memberships offerings. Here's some juicy tidbits:

*The band are trying to keep General Admission seating (standing room only) on the floor just like the Elevation Tour.

*Look out for a video wall. Clayton used PopMart as a reference point.

*The band will play 9-10 of the new songs on "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" and are looking forward to playing "Vertigo," "Sometimes...." and "Yahweh."

(Thanks to chazman151!)

HelloAngel said:
*The band are trying to keep General Admission seating (standing room only) on the floor just like the Elevation Tour.

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

TheBrazilianFly said:

This membership stuff is a bunch of bullshit. I don't understand how U2 stands for this. :down:

NO KIDDING.

this is just wrong on so many levels.

are you agreeing with me...or are you saying what they're doing is completely right?

I agree with you...

I can't believe U2 made such a thing... I mean, they don't need it!

HelloAngel said:
Adam Clayton Talks to U2.com About Tour

Before flying off to Malaysia on holiday with his girlfriend recently, Adam Clayton took some time to speak with U2.com about many things, but most excitedly, the new tour.

I just hope he's okay after that massive catastrophe...has anyone heard any news on his whereabouts?

If Adam is vacationing in East Malaysia, then it shouldn't be cause for any worry. Only the top North-West states were affected by the tsunamis.

BTW : Any U2 Fans out there from Malaysia? would love to hear some shout-outs!

Last edited:
scottjwong said:
If Adam is vacationing in East Malaysia, then it shouldn't be cause for any worry. Only the top North-West states were affected by the tsunamis.

BTW : Any U2 Fans out there from Malaysia? would love to hear some shout-outs!

Hi Scott,

Oziwee is from Malaysia but he/she hasnt posted nor returned my email as yet. Im hoping he/shes enjoying time away from the computer or something.

Yeps..all present and accounted for here in Malaysia. The damage here is pretty minor compared to the other countries. Lets say a prayer to those less fortunate than us.

Wow, I have just read this article and i pray that Adam and his girlfriend are ok. I pray for all the people that have suffered through this terrible tragedy. :sad:

My heart goes out to everyone affected by the tragedy. What do people need most of all that ordinary people can send? I'm also glad, of course, that Adam is okay, but it's so horrible that so many people have died.

* Money. Donate money. Culturally appropriate resources can be purchased closer to the effected area.

* Time. Donate some of your time to a agencies with an office in your area. Hold a fundraising event. Hold a garage sale and donate the money.

:eyebrow: That has never worked out for me-I'm short-all I need it someone 5"6 and I won't even be able to see the band on stage!! I do better in the stands-or right on the side of the stage-And, That depends on luck and speed to get there, on the floor!!!:huh:

:sad: I'm sad for all those that lost their lives-esp. the children!! but so relieved Adam is ok!!! I hope everyone finds loved ones! And, I am proud that the USA Is sending money and help that way!:yes:

Back
Top Bottom