(11-01-2005) Bono is One of New Man Magazine's Men of the Year - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Bono is One of New Man Magazine's Men of the Year

Interference reader Kevin was kind enough to let us know that Bono has been selected as one of New Man Magazine's Men of the Year along side US President George W. Bush and the late Peter Jennings. As if we had any doubts or questions about Bono belonging on any Men of the Year the list! New Man is a Christian men's magazine.

For more information, visit the magazine's official website.

Thanks Kevin!

Bush on such a list.
It explains much that this is a Christian magazine.

Congratulations to Bono!

Bush has done alot for Africa too. I'm sure he would donate even more if he could but we (America) have a huge debt ourselves to deal with so we don't have as much money as we could to promise those countries that need it as well. Stop speaking out of hatred for the man that you don't even know.

http://www.washington post.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/30/AR2005063000791.html

Osama Bin Laden was chosen to be Time's person of the year a while back, so please quit the Bush bashing. Not everything is a popularity contest or character assessment. they're just picking good Christians, duh, it says right there "Christian men's magazine". I guess some people just look at G.W.'s name and get filled with anger and wanna take him down some more. I love how much Bono is praised by the bush haters who then turn around and give the president no credit when he also deserves alot of thanks for the things he's done for the very countries that Bono has campaigned for. Can't anything that even mentions Bush's name not turn into a hatefest towards him? The people who voted against Bush are in the minority, I wish people would stop acting otherwise. Especially those who don't even live in my country. Sorry about the pointless rant, this just really bugs me sometimes. /endrant :(

49% percent of the country didn't vote for him. A minority yes, but barely. Stop acting like we don't have the right to criticize Bush. If we want to, we will. This is a free country god damn it.

Oh and good job Bono. :)

Hm, I still know what your adminstration said to my country when we and our politicians made decisions that are different from yours.
So, I think I am allowed to say what I think about Bush as well as you can say what you think about Schroeder, Chirac, Merkel or anybody else.

Yes, Bush did a lot for Africa, with the pressure from the voters and even without, but on the other hand he did much in his on country and abroad what really shouldn't be seen as good.
In my view their should be a strict line between politics and religion. He crosses the line quite often.
so my comment, I can understand that a Christian magazine is very happy about Bush, and so this explains much to me.

There is little more beautiful to behold in the world than a man in the grasp of an idea. Women, of course, are also thrilling when they passionately give themselves to belief, but since men are the more easily distracted and the more commonly willing to settle for less than they might be, it is a man possessed of an idea who most often holds the fascination of the world.
Our 2005 Men of the Year are just such men. Except for one of them, they are not particularly exceptional apart from the ideas they serve. Yet, because they have chosen to preserve the heritage of a people or to loose the grip of poverty upon nations or to lead a tradition-bound church into cultural relevance, among other causes, they are living exceptional lives. They are also digging wells of inspiration from which others who aspire to the exceptional might drink.

Except for one of them, they are not particularly exceptional --- is that one our Bono? Someone needs to buy this magazine!

Back
Top Bottom