(06-24-2004) Rumor: News From the Studio -- U2Eastlink*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Rumor: News From the Studio

Ed. Note: A poster with U2Eastlink has shared their recent experience at Hanover Quay, meeting Bono, Edge and Steve Lillywhite. The fan included information about the current state of the next U2 album and what the first single could be. This information has not been officially verified so at this point can only be classified as rumor. Below is a translation of the U2Eastlink post that can be found in Spanish here.

We have just arrived home. I write you from Valencia.

Yesterday we were eating the Dockers, previously we were buying umbrellas, coats etc.. to tolerate what might come on our last day.

At 2 o'clock we arrived at HQ. They had 8 or 9 people (Belgian, French, American).. The first one to arrive was Bono who came in a maserati and didn't leave. Then The Edge put his car away and after a while came out to us. We asked him a few things about the new CD and Paella (Spanish rice with seafood). He said they tasted it in Barcelona and also in France but that it was not so good. We told him that if they had ever been in Valencia but he didn't remember having been. We invited him to come. He was there a good while. The rest of the band began arriving but no one else came out.

It was raining the whole while... then Steve Lillywhite came out. By the end we became friends. He told us that Bono wouldn't be coming out in the whole day because today he had to finish recording and writing the lyrics for a song. This surprised us and we asked to Steve why they were saying that they completed the CDs if he was telling us now that Bono had to concentrate on writing and singng a song.. His answer was that that?s how Bono works, that it was strange but that?s the way it was.

After a while Joe O'Herlihy arrived. I suppose for the recording of the voice of Bono for the CD.

You couldn?t hear anything from outside.

We were there for several hours, until 11 in the night and Bono finally came out inside his car, without his glasses and looking tired from spending the whole day inside there. It was the last time that we saw him.

Then Larry came out and autographed some CDs.

We returned to the inn and at 5 in the morning we left for the airport.

We confirmed with Steve Lilliwhite the following:
Bono left today on a trip. We don't know where. The group will continue going to the studio and he will return probably on Monday.

All Because of you is not the new single but will be included in the
album. There?s a song titled something like ?Miracle? we couldn?t figure out what the other word was. This is for sure!

We also confirmed that there is another titled song "Love and Peace or else" According to Bono the new songs are different from those they have recorded in the last few years. Those of us that were able to listen were able to confirm that. We believe, as they do, that this will be a fabulous CD.

This comes from our gathering: We believe that the first single will be "Full Metal Jacket". I have just seen the pictures and the videos. We have several cuts of All Because Of You. The guitar of The Edge sounds really good and the refrain of All Because Of You.. I am" you can hear too. Too Bad.... it was just the audio and video from the picture camera (digital?) of the camera of pictures... If I am able to separate the audio from the video I will pass it on to you guys..

I don't think I forgot anything, but if I remember anything else I?ll let you know. but we warn you!!!

Cheers

That actually isn't unusual for Bono to finalize lyrics and vocals at the end of the recording process. We have heard of this before. I think this, and all of the other intensive activity, is a very good sign that things are wrapping up.:hyper: It's getting REALLY hard to stay patient.

Edited to add: Larry came out to sign autographs!!?!

:yikes: Bono is only now writing the lyrics and recording?!? I do hope it was just one song.

Different songs than what they did before :confused: So what are we to think about the whole "rock", and "lots of Edge on the album" rumors?

Convoy said:
Has this site given any trust worthy information before?

As far as I'm concerned they have. I browse this site quite often and it has had a lot of interesting stories, (which have turned out to be true) in the past.

dammit!

i need to hang out at HQ more

HQ is cool because it could be Hanover Quay and HeadQuarters

i cant wait till this single comes out!! i promise i will be the first one to write guitar tabs on it if i can :wink:

Bono's Tart said:
That'll do for me I'm back in Dublin on Tuesday so I'll see if I can find anything out!!

If you, or anyone else from the forum, does find out anything, please e-mail either myself or HelloAngel (carrie@interference.com) so we can post your findings in the News section.

Thanks!!!
Devlin Smith
Contributing Editor
devlin@interference.com

We believe that the first single will be "Full Metal Jacket".

I love the whole rumor mill thing. No one knows anything for sure, which is what makes it fun. I thought I read somewhere on here earlier that this "song" had been dropped completely, which I found ammusing considering Bono calling it the "mother of all rock tunes." As for Bono writing lyrics, that doesnt mean he's JUST now writing lyrics, prolly just means he's come up with something better to say in a part of a song or two, nothing major. It'll be out in the Fall, no worries.

dsmith2904 said:
Too Bad.... it was just the audio and video from the picture camera (digital?) of the camera of pictures... If I am able to separate the audio from the video I will pass it on to you guys..
Cheers [/B]

Thank God dsmith2904 decide NOT to post the edited snippet of the song. Believe me, this is better for all of us

david said:
So does anyone have a running tally of song titles that could be songs on the next album?

Our New Album News on Interference.com page has a pretty extensive list of this that is updated often - if I have missed anything, shoot me an email :)

Well I didnt find out too much as I was with my family, but we went down to HQ and from what we got told by various fans Bono has been driving fans about in his very flash Maserati (and it is very impressive!!) very late at night 12.30 and 1.30 in the morning playing the single and tracks off the album. On Thursday night they opened all the doors and had the songs playing at full blast sadly I was on the plane home!! Bloody typical but there you go!! Apparently the songs sound amazing, sorry but thats all the info I have not much I know but I am sure that the fans involved will be posting on here in the very near future!!

Just as a footnote if PM do check on here please tell Bono that my 7 year old daughter was devastated that he didnt come out to see her but she still thinks he is a nice person!! Although he is now in econd place behind "her" Adam as he waved to her twice!!!:wink:

Last edited:
Thanks BT. We've been anxiously awaiting your report. The fact that the band are now sharing so much of the music with fans is a clear indication that the album is virtually done, and that they are very happy with it. And that is just SO Bono to be driving fans around in his fancy new car. Like a kid with a new toy.
Let's hope you're right, and some of them also make a report.
Did you have a good time?

Yes we had a a great time thanks you, we always do it was just sad that the kids didnt get chance to meet Bono or any of the band even though they got quite excited that Adam and Edge waved to them!!

Although I do know that Bono is now in possesion of all their drawings and little letters to him and photographic evidence will soon be on its way!!:wink:

Bono's Tart said:
Although I do know that Bono is now in possesion of all their drawings and little letters to him and photographic evidence will soon be on its way!!:wink:

that's great :cute: I'm sure he'll enjoy them :yes: :hug:

love the story about the Maserati, sorry you and your kids didn't get to meet him this time, but maybe next time :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom