(06-20-2005) Brandon Flowers Hopes to Sing with Bono -- Net Music Countdown*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Brandon Flowers Hopes to Sing with Bono

Killers frontman would love to join U2 on stage.

By Krista Desens

NEW YORK, NY Monday Jun.20.2005 /netmusiccountdown.com/ -- When the Killers open for U2 in Europe this summer, Brandon Flowers hopes Bono will invite him onstage for a song.

The Killers frontman confessed to RollingStone.com: "I really love the song 'In a Little While,' from All That You Can't Leave Behind. And I'd die to just be onstage with them and sing that one line, "And when I go there" [from The Joshua Tree's "Where the Streets Have No Name"]. That's the part for me."

So is there any U2 song Flowers WOULDN'T want to sing? He says, "I was in the car...singing 'Pride.' I have some lungs on me, but I cannot hit those high notes. So I hope Bono doesn't call me out for that one."

I don't think there's any danger of Brandon Flowers being called out onstage during a U2 performance, to sing "Pride", or anything else.

Delusions of grandeur.

Shade said:
I don't think there's any danger of Brandon Flowers being called out onstage during a U2 performance, to sing "Pride", or anything else.

Delusions of grandeur.

Never underestimate Bono's power to grant a wish..Oh negative one:|
tee hee hee :eyebrow:

I would love to see this also, kelly :wink:

sue4u2 said:

Never underestimate Bono's power to grant a wish..Oh negative one:|
tee hee hee :eyebrow:

I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic. When was the last time Bono called a member of a supporting act to come out and sing with U2? And, in particular, a mainstay song like "Pride"? If he didn't call out the guy from Third Eye Blind to sing "Pride" with him on the POPmart Tour, he's not gonna call Flowers, who is basically this year's Stephen Jenkins.

Shade said:

I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic. When was the last time Bono called a member of a supporting act to come out and sing with U2? And, in particular, a mainstay song like "Pride"? If he didn't call out the guy from Third Eye Blind to sing "Pride" with him on the POPmart Tour, he's not gonna call Flowers, who is basically this year's Stephen Jenkins.

Gwen from No Doubt sang "What's Going On?" with the band during the Elevation Tour. Maria McKee from "Lone Justice" was brought up to sing with the band during the JT Tour. It does happen.

dsmith2904 said:

Gwen from No Doubt sang "What's Going On?" with the band during the Elevation Tour. Maria McKee from "Lone Justice" was brought up to sing with the band during the JT Tour. It does happen.

Your examples are one mega-star who came out and sang a non-U2 song with the band, and another personal friend of the band from a tour that happened 18 years ago.

Again, I ask - what is the likelihood that a flavor-of-the-month like Brandon Flowers will be invited to come out and sing "Pride" with the U2? It just isn't going to happen, folks.

I don't think it will happen, but Bono has made favorable statements concerning the band. And the Killers just did a video with Anton Corbijn, maybe Brandon is trying to get the band's friends to pull strings... (okay, I don't believe that, but still) :wink:.

Back
Top Bottom