reincarnated member from New Zealand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mermaidNZ

Babyface
Hi all,

I actually was a member here in 2000/01, under the user name mermaid.

Back then, I was a part of a group of forum members who were determined to resist the temptation of downloading ATYCLB before it was officially released. We called ourselves the ATYCLB virgins, and we had virtual meetings in the style of 'Alcoholics anonymous'.

Ahhh, those were the days. I also met a guy on this forum who very kindly - and trustingly - sent me his bootlegs & rarities for me to copy & return!

But of course I've long since forgotten my password, and the email address I was registered with has died. So I have been reincarnated as mermaidNZ.

I'm from New Zealand, but now studying in the UK. I won't say that the potential for *finally* seeing U2 live, after more than a decade of fandom, was the main reason I decided to move 12,000 miles away from home...but it sure was a bonus!

Sadly, I missed out on getting a ticket for Croke Park on the 24th.

Unfortunately my dates are very inflexible - my thesis and my exams all fall in mid-June, right when the band will be playing elsewhere in the UK & Europe. As much as I love U2, I'm not jeopardising my very expensive degree for them. And I'm leaving to go back to NZ (yay!) on the 26th.

So, it's pretty much the 24th or nothing. I am determined to get there, even if that means paying above face value. All the tickets I've seen on ebay are way over 100 pounds, though, and that's painfully expensive. I'll just have to wait and see what happens...

Anyway, it's nice to be back!
Mermaid

Back
Top Bottom