Week 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
do you think next week Bomb will improve the album chart again?
from 17 to....?There are possibilities to have a position like #10 or #11?

In germny,there wasn't an hard improve with concert and special tv....why???????

The Joshua Tree? Why?
i mean, it´s my favourite U2 album but now I think it´s the Bomb that need to sell as many copies as possible, not JT, or AB for that matter.
I would also love to see Pop reaching double platinum in the US but I guess that will never happen, :(

Irishteen said:
I think all the irish fans should get together and buy a copy or two of the Joshua Tree, and try to get it back to number 1.

fedeu2 said:

I would also love to see Pop reaching double platinum in the US but I guess that will never happen, :(

I think it definitely could happen, that is if U2 ever updated their damn album certifications. I reckon JT is at 12xPlatinum by now and AB is at 9xPlatinum.

04072511 said:

I think it definitely could happen, that is if U2 ever updated their damn album certifications. I reckon JT is at 12xPlatinum by now and AB is at 9xPlatinum.

Read the topic i made :)

Tallarico said:
do you think next week Bomb will improve the album chart again?
from 17 to....?There are possibilities to have a position like #10 or #11?

In germny,there wasn't an hard improve with concert and special tv....why???????

We will see the effect in the charts of germany in this week!

European sales seems still gettin' higher:
Danmark +3, from 44 to 41
Netherland +6, from 34 to 28
Norway, back in the top 40, at 36.
Good!
And let's wait, now, for the latin nations like France, Italy and Spain (even if in these countries we couldn't hope in the tour effects, but maybe COBL could help a little...).

fedeu2 said:
The Joshua Tree? Why?
i mean, it´s my favourite U2 album but now I think it´s the Bomb that need to sell as many copies as possible, not JT, or AB for that matter.

Because it came out uin the 80's it would be a record.

Netherlands:

Album top 100
How to dismantle an atomic bomb
#28 (#34)

Mega top 50 (only sales)
City of blinding lights #2 (#-)

Top 40 (sales/airplay)
City of blinding lights #3 (#13)
Sometimes you can't make it on your own #30 (#27) week 20

edge3 said:

That's correct - # 8 this week on Belgium / Flanders chart. But I still think this is only for Flanders (pop : 6M), not whole of Belgium (pop : 10M).

I'm wrong - that should be for w.29 'cos in week 1 Bomb debuted at # 47 on Flanders chart 'cos of street violations. So this shouldn't count as a proper weeks sales.

Also, Bomb was # 17 on Wallonie chart last week - so Bomb was probably about # 13 on whole of Belgium chart last week. Week 30 (for Belgium) hasn't come through yet.

I just saw the UK mid-weeks, and as of Tuesday HTDAAB is sitting on #19 for the coming week. HOWEVER, anything can happen in four days of sales.

ChargedVT said:
I just saw the UK mid-weeks, and as of Tuesday HTDAAB is sitting on #19 for the coming week. HOWEVER, anything can happen in four days of sales.

only #19, should be a lot higher than that.

italy:

bomb from 41 to 39!
city start at #30!very low but in a lot of cities the single isn't arrive yet!
I think next week city can rise the single chart!!!!

Just to complete the (good) news posted by my friend tallarico, here's the chart run list about Italy:

HTDAAB chart run:
1-1-4-5-5-6-3-3-4-8-
6-10-9-8-8-9-15-14-21-17-
16-17-17-26-33-33-44-42-41-39-

Vertigo chart run:
1-1-1-1-6-6-7-6-2-7-
8-17-11-11-17-21-19-x-x-34-
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
x-

SYCMIOYO chart run:
2-4-9-18-19-25-22-16-35-29-
34-41-x-42-x-x-x-

COBL chart run:
30-

Only good news. The bomb will rise in the World Charts with higher sales than las week!

Zoovation said:
Only good news. The bomb will rise in the World Charts with higher sales than las week!

Yeah, incredible week!!

...over 30,000 in US & UK alone. Worldwide sales should therefore be 40-50K this week with Bomb rising to # 30 at Mediatraffic. :)

So what can be expect for the World Charts?

It's clear that the album will rise in the charts. In nearly every country, the bomb has a better position than last week. We know that UK sales are high (20 k) and that the US sales are as good as last week (11 k). In France, the album is #34 this week and in Germany, it will also have a better position that last week.

So what can we expect?

Back
Top Bottom