U2 Top 20 (Week of January 23rd)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigMacPhisto

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
The following is this week's top twenty U2 records list. Basically, it's the top 20 most popular sellers on Amazon.com right now. They seem to change the list constantly, so there's no knowing exactly what the real ranking is, but this should prove close. I've chosen Thursday to be the day that the list is released since it's also the same day that Billboard releases their charts. This list will include U2 albums, EPs, tribute albums, and releases on which they actually appear (They are not on Go Simpsonic With The Simpsons).

Top 20 U2 Releases for the week of January 23rd

1. The Best of 1990-2000 [Limited Edition]
2. The Best of 1990-2000
3. All That You Can't Leave Behind
4. The Best of 1980-1990
5. The Joshua Tree
6. Achtung Baby
7. Rattle and Hum
8. Zooropa
9. The Unforgettable Fire
10. War
11. The Best of 1980-1990 [Limited Edition]
12. America: A Tribute To Heroes (Features "Walk On")
13. Boy
14. October
15. Pop
16. Under A Blood Red Sky
17. Top Tunes Karaoke U2
18. Wide Awake In America (EP)
19. If God Will Send His Angels (Single)
20. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (Single)

Interestingly, the limited edition versions of The Best Ofs seem to be doing well. The reason is probably that most find it easier to purchase the albums online, so they order them there instead of going to the store. Also, Zooropa, which from the past few times I have looked was the lowest selling of the band's albums, has seen an upswing in sales. Possibly caused by the new Best Of? With the exception of Zooropa, the rest of the top ten releases are pretty much in their typical positions.

Last edited:
Interesting! Surprising to see Rattle And Hum and Zooropa ranking as high as they do.

STING2 said:
Interesting! Surprising to see Rattle And Hum and Zooropa ranking as high as they do.

Yeah, R+H is always in the top ten, usually at 7 or 8. I think a lot of people purchase that album over the band's other releases because four of the albums songs are on the first Best Of, which is more than any of the others 80's albums. Not to mention that the album features live cuts of the popular "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" and "Pride". So, I think those songs are enough reason to explain why a lot of newer fans pick up Rattle and Hum early on.

Back
Top Bottom